Builds Finally doing it, 4" lift on my LX (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You going to wheel it now?

I've taken it out three times since the lift. CA coast, Yosemite/Tioga and then a quickie Red Rock. It's performed great but I haven't pushed it at all. Now that the temps are going down if love to take some trips before the snow takes over.

Ok so just to update my list:
  • Install DIY Panhard kits for front and rear
  • Replace OEM bushings
  • Cut out 4" section on both and weld in place
  • Install new draglink
  • Make a small bracket for the e-brake to raise it on the diff side
  • Need to order and install front bump stops, suggestions?
  • Install new front LCA bushings
  • Install new rear LCA bolt/washer/nut (frame side)
  • Zip tie a few hoses that need to be tied back down
  • Alignment after its all said and done

New Bud Built Draglink installed. Super beefy compared to stock. Been traveling a bunch so hard to concentrate on projects.

But the list is getting smaller and smaller for sure. I also purchased MT's front coil spacers because I've got some stink bug action going and once the winch goes on it will only get worse.

image-4171955301.jpg

image-3962162985.jpg

Got the 315s on finally. Went with Toyo Open Country AT2 Extremes. I still think it looks small. Maybe 37s next time around. The tires definitely affect the added power the SC gave. The steering feels the tires for sure. All in all I like it even though I've got some stink bug going on. I've got the front coil sprig spacers that I should probably put on since the front will eventually get a winch.

image-2716120176.jpg

image-2197049777.jpg

image-1604357634.jpg

Got the 315s on finally. Went with Toyo Open Country AT2 Extremes. I still think it looks small. Maybe 37s next time around. The tires definitely affect the added power the SC gave. The steering feels the tires for sure. All in all I like it even though I've got some stink bug going on. I've got the front coil sprig spacers that I should probably put on since the front will eventually get a winch.

I agree, they do look small especially with your new SC!

Btw if you change your mind and want bigger tires I'll be happy to take these small little spare donut looking things off of your hand. :)

dude, it looks great! AT's will look smaller than MT's of the same size. The black rims also make it look smaller

Once you get used to it, you will love it.
I think it looks very proportionally correct.
Man, it looks TALL without sliders

Wow, those look great! I got to get some tires soon, but am undecided on what to get. My rims are black like yours, makes a big difference!

The rims are from my 60. I just swapped them out because I wanted to try something new. I may wind up switching back the the Lexus wheels.

Reviving your post....any updates now a year later? I have the same LX as you and love the look of yours! I'm going to start ordering parts to do my bulild. Recent pics with MT spacers?

I like the look of those tires, remember that once loaded down the rear will come down a bit, at least that is the case on mine, remember also that you really want to leave a little room for flexing of the suspension, alot of guys go too big and try to fill the wheel well which IMO does not look good and hurts performance on the trail.

I like the look of those tires, remember that once loaded down the rear will come down a bit, at least that is the case on mine, remember also that you really want to leave a little room for flexing of the suspension, alot of guys go too big and try to fill the wheel well which IMO does not look good and hurts performance on the trail.
Yeah I think I'm going I to go with 35" i don't want to deal with possible re-gearing. I would like to see NTLXTACY's with the front spacers to see how it looks loaded down.

Reviving your post....any updates now a year later? I have the same LX as you and love the look of yours! I'm going to start ordering parts to do my bulild. Recent pics with MT spacers?

Sorry I didn't respond to this a few months ago. Dealing with drama in my life at the time.

So yeah, I am totally loving my lift and everything I chose for it. Couple little things I need to finish but nothing major at all. Zero vibrations and zero issues. I'm really happy that I took my time to research and listen to what others said and came to my own conclusion. If I were to do it again the only thing I would do different so I would NOT go with the OME shocks. Hate them. I would/should spend the coin and go with any of the upgrade shocks available (ADS, KING, RadFlo, FOX).

I have not added the MT spacers only because I haven't installed a winch yet so I don't know how far the front end will droop. I will say that my over all height is lower than an OME 2.5" lift with a completely bare truck. My truck is loaded down so that affected my overall height.

How are you liking it man?

Any updates?

Loving the lift. Absolutely zero issues. No vibrations or odd noises or anything goofy like that. The only thing I did was add 30mm spaces from Man-a-Fre and now my truck final sits level.

Just went off roading last weekend to Red Rock and Last Chance Canyon. Walked it without issues. Really happy.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Well after running the 4" ironman lift for a year now with 4x4 labs front and rear bumpers and 35" MTR's, I would not change a thing. I have wheeled some pretty nice rocky black diamond trails with ease as well as cruised a couple of 10+ hours trips on the freeway and I couldn't be happier! The rig handles like a dream and the MTRs are much quieter than I thought they would be. I do have a slight transfer case vibration at about 65 but I expect that from the change in angles to the driveline with 300,000 miles on original equipment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom