Big Brakes - 14 Inch Rotors Wilwood Calipers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
14 inch rotors
001 copy.jpg

split oem rotors
002 copy.jpg

turn into hat
003 copy.jpg

drill/ream holes
004 copy.jpg

hat and rotor
005 copy.jpg

wow. just beautiful.

Holy :censor:!!

Stomp on those brakes and you'll probably put your trailer through your back window!

How big a wheel do you have to run to clear those rotors?

Great work! Very jealous of people that have all the tools to be self reliant in these projects! I have had two piece rotors and chunks of aluminum to be milled into hats sitting on my shelf for months waiting to find a machinist.

Very nice. Are you still retaining the ABS?

also super jealous, wish i had a machine shop in my back yard...

Love the zerk fitting idea

That is really snappy. Never seen anyone cannibalize a stock rotor to make a new BBK hat.

That is great work.....I'm jealous too.

Very nice work. Would you mind sharing some part numbers for the rotor and the caliper (unless all superlites are the same)? Also the thickness of your bracket? Or make a bunch and sell them, i'm in. I am curious how you will like the superlite 4 pot, wondering if the 6 pot is way overkill? Very bad-ass!

The problem going to a 6 pot is you have to be careful with the piston sizes. Usually the pistons are larger and the master cylinder to piston size becomes imbalanced. If the piston sizes are larger you have more pedal travel for the same braking force. I have a bunch of the figures in my build thread from when I started this.

If I remember correctly the stock piston size is about 4.95in2, so finding a caliper that has +- that size pistons, can handle a 32+mm rotor, and 14-15" rotor, your choices become pretty limited. But if you want to switch up master cylinders you might open your options.

This TC6 caliper would likely be the one I would use. It does have larger pistons so you would probably have about 8-9% more pedal travel.
Wilwood High Performance Disc Brakes - Caliper Product Number: 120-8907-FS

TC6_Radial_Mount-lg.jpg

Very nice. Are you still retaining the ABS?
no abs
no lspv

Very nice work. Would you mind sharing some part numbers for the rotor and the caliper (unless all superlites are the same)? Also the thickness of your bracket? Or make a bunch and sell them, i'm in. I am curious how you will like the superlite 4 pot, wondering if the 6 pot is way overkill? Very bad-ass!
here is caliper
Wilwood High Performance Disc Brakes - Caliper Product Number: 120-13228
like @scottryana said, i did not want to change the caliper piston area much as i wanted to keep the master cylinder. the oem caliper pistons are ~1.785" OD so the Wilwood is very close in total area. it is also very cost effective at about $225/ea. also i don't think a 6-piston would fit. that was the most challenging part, designing everything to fit
i can post the dimensions of my bracket. not sure if i can post pdf tho?

Last edited:
Holy :censor:!!

Stomp on those brakes and you'll probably put your trailer through your back window!

How big a wheel do you have to run to clear those rotors?
18" wheel
it is a TRD branded BBS wheel that was used on the Tundra, modified to fit full float 80 hub

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom