Fan Shroud Mod (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

THANK YOU!!! I'm doing a cooling system refresh and have seen some of these threads, and I'm always thinking "Why do you need any kind of bracket? Just cut it and bolt that damn thing back in!"
Yeah a whole lot of extra work imo. I did nine two different colors just to make the mod stand out. ;)

5DB0963E-18BC-49BD-B061-FF17E7793A94.jpeg

THANK YOU!!! I'm doing a cooling system refresh and have seen some of these threads, and I'm always thinking "Why do you need any kind of bracket? Just cut it and bolt that damn thing back in!"

Why? Sometimes 'just because we can'...
I've done so many things a certain way that wasn't necessary, but it's fun to fabricate and use your skills, I get his point.
Wouldn't have used pop rivets though.... ;)

Just chop it in half and stick it back on. Nothing fancy necessary other than paint. @evilorgoodtwin hasnt been online in months. I did mine tho and didn’t add any fancy brackets like some have. It goes on and off just fine. No rattles w/o a special bracket.
Is there an optimal “cut line” to clear hoses and such? Or is right down the middle good enough?

Is there an optimal “cut line” to clear hoses and such? Or is right down the middle good enough?
Pretty sure I did mine right across the middle. It’s a horizontal cut (not vertical)… you’ll have no issues clearing hoses. I can shoot you a photo tomorrow if you need. Heading to bed now.

I’ve had my truck 7 years.

I never cut the shroud. I can change the belts in 15 mins on the side of the road by snaking it around the fan, one blade at a time.

I may be the only one, but I don’t see a reason to cut it.

I’ve had my truck 7 years.

I never cut the shroud. I can change the belts in 15 mins on the side of the road by snaking it around the fan, one blade at a time.

I may be the only one, but I don’t see a reason to cut it.

If you've got the shroud off, you may as well cut it in my opinion.. it really aids any tasks/inspections/work to do with belts, water pump, fan, viscous hub. Especially if you're trackside and its hot, dusty and there's a million flies around. I don't see the downside personally. But its your car and a one piece shroud and your ability to work within its limitation may well be a badge of honor for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom