Fan Clutch Oil (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

i went with 30k oil and adjusted the timing to open @ 100- 105f on my green hub (yes, the Aisin green hub for the 3FE is adjustable) The factory timing was set to about 125 F. I have since have great result at idle and stop and go traffic in 100F heat with AC on full blast and my temp is right at 190 - 195f and back down to 187f as soon as i am moving.

How many ounces of silicone oil should I purchase for my new FCT 049 fan clutch?

The only info I’ve been able to find is about the weight. Need to know how many ounces to buy.

One of these was plenty when I did mine. Just get whatever weight you deem necessary.

The blue hub is pretty wimpy, I wouldn't open one for less than 30K. :meh:
Tools I have a 94 with a black hub I want to mod it would 30k a good choice ? Can you over do it.
It's a trail reg not worried about gas mileage or any thing like. I just want to crawl with the AC on

Wait for Tools to reply, but IIRC he recommends a lower viscosity in the black hub, maybe 15K??

Most, here, run 10-15k, experiment to find what works best for you. The black hub tends to be a powerful clutch, can be hard on belts, mine would squeal belts, when snap throttled with 10K in it.

Most, here, run 10-15k, experiment to find what works best for you. The black hub tends to be a powerful clutch, can be hard on belts, mine would squeal belts, when snap throttled with 10K in it.
Thamk you

^^^^^ Good info.

Even my Blue Hub with 20K will 'chirp' the belts are first cold start up. When folks do the clutch mod they need to pay attention not only to the CST but the amount of fluid as well....or you can end up with a fan that runs too aggressively all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom