Extended Brake Lines? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

CharlieS

GOLD Star
Threads
What are people running for upgraded brake lines?

I want to refresh my brakes as a winter project. At 30 years old, the rubber lines are probably toast.

I'd prefer DOT rated stainless lines with a sheathing. I'm running some from SQHD on the 200 and they are fine. I'd like to get some that are extended, especially in the center rear line.

Picture for attention
63BBAC24-1131-4863-B0E8-1FB898CFACAA.jpeg

What are people running for upgraded brake lines?

I want to refresh my brakes as a winter project. At 30 years old, the rubber lines are probably toast.

I'd prefer DOT rated stainless lines with a sheathing. I'm running some from SQHD on the 200 and they are fine. I'd like to get some that are extended, especially in the center rear line.

Picture for attention
View attachment 3487152
Go to Slee for their lines if you insist on SS braided. They are the most cost competitive for all (7).

Otherwise, you can do a bit of searching and get longer OEM versions, but you have to study the info a bit, as it's rather confusing.

I went Slee for the extended lines to the axles, but OEM on the other soft lines. I have the Slee lines to the calipers but couldn't get them to thread and didn't want to force it and F up the hard lines. Cut you a deal if you want to give them a try.

Have always used the Slee SS, I don’t think 80 series have the brake stopping power to to improve the feel of SS lines, but I like their extra durability on the trail.

The extended Toyota lines are obviously fine as well, just not familiar with a straight forward way to order as a kit.

The extended Toyota lines are obviously fine as well, just not familiar with a straight forward way to order as a kit.
Toyota sells very few "kits" other than rebuild kits for some items. You need to get the individual part numbers which have been listed several times in this forum. You just need to search. Below is 1 thread with part numbers for a stock truck.
Extended axle drops: 90947-A2015 front right side; 96940-34705 front left and rear axle drop.

Last edited:
Toyota sells very few "kits" other than rebuild kits for some items. You need to get the individual part numbers which have been listed several times in this forum. You just need to search.
Exactly! Some folks would just prefer to click a transactional website instead of taking the time for search, connect with a dealer etc., it is just the commerce world it has become.

Hope you have been doing well, always great to see the OG guys active!

Thanks all!

Search keywords always leave me short of the answer I'm seeking. It is my inability to think of the right words to search on.

I'm sure the Toyota ones are awesome, but I've been using braided stainless lines on project cars, trucks and motorcycles for a few decades, and have never had a vehicle where it didn't result in improved pedal feel.

Yes, I known it may be in my head, and not a quantified improvement but I'm okay with that.

Thanks all!

Search keywords always leave me short of the answer I'm seeking. It is my inability to think of the right words to search on.

I'm sure the Toyota ones are awesome, but I've been using braided stainless lines on project cars, trucks and motorcycles for a few decades, and have never had a vehicle where it didn't result in improved pedal feel.

Yes, I known it may be in my head, and not a quantified improvement but I'm okay with that.
The thing I didn't like about the Slee SS lines is that there is no tab on the caliper end banjo fitting to prevent hose rotation when tightening. OEM hoses have a tab to prevent this and keep the hoses properly oriented.

I currently have a SS hose on the RF wheel that has moved and when I do a sharp Right turn, the tire drags on the brake hose. Not sure when that happened, as it was never that way until sometime this year.

The three correct, extended Toyota PNs that CDan researched eons ago (like almost 20 years ago):

90947-A2016
96940-34605
96940-34705

And, the first hit I received searching on Google: "80 series land cruiser oem extended brake lines part numbers":

This is Scott's thread from many moons ago:

Thank you.

The three correct, extended Toyota PNs that CDan researched eons ago (like almost 20 years ago):

90947-A2016
96940-34605
96940-34705

And, the first hit I received searching on Google: "80 series land cruiser oem extended brake lines part numbers":

This is Scott's thread from many moons ago:

I'm sorry I posted incorrect information. I was going to call you, but I just figured I would search first. Apparently not...

On ABS 80s, the front right drop line from the frame to the axle had a fitting change late 94 or for the 95 year. The extended hose will not index with the earlier bracket. You will need the later bracket which not expensive and still available last I checked.

On ABS 80s, the front right drop line from the frame to the axle had a fitting change late 94 or for the 95 year. The extended hose will not index with the earlier bracket. You will need the later bracket which not expensive and still available last I checked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom