Front brake lines vs rear. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
As im running brake lines, im thinking about something.

1st off - no abs.

So the line feeding the rear drops to the diff where it hits a tee that goes to each wheel. Simple and straightforward.

Now on the front, each wheel brake is fed by a separate flex. I'm assuming that is because of the abs system that operates on 3 channels, for lack of a better term.

So if I'm not running abs, I could just feed the front axle with one of the flexes into a tee like the rear.

My question is...

What's this thing? And why doesn't each front brake have one? It's only on the left.

Thanks.
20230917_073819.jpg

You need a non-ABS version of that fitting. Searching for one as well. If you find a source let me know.

@fl4031003 shared this with me.

Haha, I’d like one as well if you come across any. I just used the only tee I could find and the whole PS circuit is eliminated on my ABS delete. One line to the frame from the MC and then to a braided flexible line down to the axle.
1694962854925.jpeg
I know that tee I found isn’t ideal, but it’s literally all I could find. So I’m rolling with it.

As im running brake lines, im thinking about something.

1st off - no abs.

So the line feeding the rear drops to the diff where it hits a tee that goes to each wheel. Simple and straightforward.

Now on the front, each wheel brake is fed by a separate flex. I'm assuming that is because of the abs system that operates on 3 channels, for lack of a better term.

So if I'm not running abs, I could just feed the front axle with one of the flexes into a tee like the rear.

My question is...

What's this thing? And why doesn't each front brake have one? It's only on the left.

Thanks.
View attachment 3431999
The boss is there for a 3rd port and I suppose it could be machined/drilled but that seems silly to me. The 3 port non-ABS fitting was NLA last time I looked though.

I have the ABS deleted and I just removed that fitting with out issue, I think any tee should be fine.
1694963392559.png

It's got a directional arrow, so I'd think it's more than just a junction fitting.

Something to compensate for the differing oem line lengths? Or is it simply a fancy 180 degree fitting?

I've got an extra rear tee that I could use, but what is that thing?

Haha, I’d like one as well if you come across any. I just used the only tee I could find and the whole PS circuit is eliminated on my ABS delete. One line to the frame from the MC and then to a braided flexible line down to the axle.
View attachment 3432088I know that tee I found isn’t ideal, but it’s literally all I could find. So I’m rolling with it.
What's wrong with your tee? Looks great.

What's wrong with your tee? Looks great.
Oh, there’s an issue with brass and brake fluid contamination. I looked and looked but couldn’t find a steel fitting. So I’m just using what I’ve got.

It's got a directional arrow, so I'd think it's more than just a junction fitting.

Something to compensate for the differing oem line lengths? Or is it simply a fancy 180 degree fitting?
If it is then I can't tell.
Been running without it for years. Stops straight without pulling !!

Do so at your own risk :cool:

Last edited:
These fittings and the lines to the PS are still out there and cheap. You just need to search and ask. There are also companies in Japan that will find these and ship to you if you make it worth their time. I have an non ABS 3 way I got just a year ago and ended up not using but it wasn't that hard to find with the lines if you put in the time. The + side with the OEM line on the PS, is it pulls that ABS routed link away from the sway bar failure location.
Amayama shows stock but it is hard to tell with them until you place an order.

1694999554429.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom