HDJ81 Suspension + brakes (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a dobinson kit for my HDJ81. I am wondering if I will need extended brake lines or anything else. If I do can someone send me a link? I also do need to replace my brakes and maybe my rotors. If someone could link stock HDJ81 front and rear brake pads + rotors that would be greatly appreciated. Also, does anybody actually recommend upgrading my brakes?

IMG_2740.PNG

IMG_2739.PNG

Yes you will need extended brake lines if you plan on wheeling. Being heavy rear springs if you have no weight gonna be tall in the back. I would also buy caster correction plates or arms the bushings don’t give much and wear quickly. Slee sells both items, along with pads and rotors

Yes you will need extended brake lines if you plan on wheeling. Being heavy rear springs if you have no weight gonna be tall in the back. I would also buy caster correction plates or arms the bushings don’t give much and wear quickly. Slee sells both items, along with pads and rotor
What extended brake lines did you use? is there a specific one I need? I am also looking for caster correction plates, and wondering which one to get. I see there is 5* for 4in lifts, but mine will be a 3in

I have slee extended brake lines for 80 series, they will work for you as well. They also sell dba rotors and pads for 80 series. I have also used there castor correction plates, I had a 4 1/2 inch lift and they brought me too 2.5 degrees castor.

I have only used slee caster plates, another good vendor would be Landtank he makes them as well.

If you want Toyota brake lines you will need to do a search for the part numbers for the extended Toyota lines, as they are made up of different Toyota vehicles.

I have slee extended brake lines for 80 series, they will work for you as well. They also sell dba rotors and pads for 80 series. I have also used there castor correction plates, I had a 4 1/2 inch lift and they brought me too 2.5 degrees castor.

I have only used slee caster plates, another good vendor would be Landtank he makes them as well.

If you want Toyota brake lines you will need to do a search for the part numbers for the extended Toyota lines, as they are made up of different Toyota vehicles.
Thanks for you help, and sorry for the newb questions, but I'm not sure what degrees really mean. This is my first offroad vehicle and have no mechanical experience. Do i need to extend every single brake line or a specific one? And will those castor plates still work on a 3in lift since the website says it is for 4-6in lifts. Again, I'm sorry and thankful for your help.

Yes the castor plates will work for 3 inch lift. Or check out land tank he makes them for lower heights., or you could buy new control arms with castor built in. I run currently 4 inches in the front with Slee front arms for 6 inch lift.
Castor is what will affect how this trucks drives tracks and wonders. Stock is positive 2 degrees to 4 degrees. If you lift with no castor correction it will drive like s***. What lift are you running?

Brake lines that need to be extended are axle to frame, there is three off them. Slee sells that and caliper lines. If you Google search 80 series Land Cruiser extended brake lines ihmud80, you should find multiple threads with part numbers.

Yes the castor plates will work for 3 inch lift. Or check out land tank he makes them for lower heights., or you could buy new control arms with castor built in. I run currently 4 inches in the front with Slee front arms for 6 inch lift.
Castor is what will affect how this trucks drives tracks and wonders. Stock is positive 2 degrees to 4 degrees. If you lift with no castor correction it will drive like s***. What lift are you running?

Brake lines that need to be extended are axle to frame, there is three off them. Slee sells that and caliper lines. If you Google search 80 series Land Cruiser extended brake lines ihmud80, you should find multiple threads with part numbers.
Honestly I have no clue what is on it right now and its running like s***. Which is why I bought a dobinson kit. I'll put it on as soon as I get the castor plates and the brake lines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom