Evo Corse wheels (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Im a fan of the 314 but in the 17" +25mm offset it's only 7.5" wide. The wider wheel is a +/-0mm offset and the 18" is a +18mm which is what I am leaning towards. Is Main Line Overland still the only game in town to order Evo Corse Wheels through?
As far as I know, Main Line Overland is still the only US source for Evo Corse wheels.

I got a 8" wide, +40 offset, which was what they normally offer for Tundra and 200.

I don't know, but I'm hoping that this lets me get rid of my spacers. I don't have a functional problem with spacers, but they add extra steps to brake and suspension work. Since I usually work alone, I always need to find someone to step on the brakes when I torque them.

I wanted 17", so that excluded a lot of wheels. I want more rubber and sidewall for off road purposes.

Side note that I am still struggling with tire size - reading every post I can find with search - I don't care if I have to chop the body mount, and I have a TJM bumper so front clearance isn't an issue, but I have KDSS, so that's probably my limiting factor. It seems like a 34 is the smart thing to do, but I really want 35s... Time will tell if I do the smart thing or create more problems for myself. I'm regearing to 3:91:1 with my lockers, so gearing shouldn't be a factor.

Evo Corse has a strong rally and racing heritage, and some rally race teams rely on them for big race rigs. That makes me feel good. I used to rally race, and finishing is half the battle. Rally race teams need to buy reliable equipment, so I trust these will be a quality product.

Also (and this didn't directly play into my decision) but the Methods appear to be made in China, whereas the Evo Corse are made in Italy.

Last edited:
As far as I know, Main Line Overland is still the only US source for Evo Corse wheels.

I got a 8" wide, +40 offset, which was what they normally offer for Tundra and 200.

I don't know, but I'm hoping that this lets me get rid of my spacers. I don't have a functional problem with spacers, but they add extra steps to brake and suspension work. Since I usually work alone, I always need to find someone to step on the brakes when I torque them.

I wanted 17", so that excluded a lot of wheels. I want more rubber and sidewall for off road purposes.

Side note that I am still struggling with tire size - reading every post I can find with search - I don't care if I have to chop the body mount, and I have a TJM bumper so front clearance isn't an issue, but I have KDSS, so that's probably my limiting factor. IT seems like a 34 is the smart thing to do, but I really want 35s... Time will tell if I do the smart thing or create more problems for myself. I'm regearing to 3:91:1 with my lockers, so gearing shouldn't be a factor.

IMHO 34's just don't look big enough for these fat bottom girls. 35's seem to be the perfect size but they do introduce other possible issues for us LC guys. I go back and forth between +25mm offset and 34's to avoid issues and extra steps or +/-0mm offset and 35's with a KDSS relocate kit to get the look that I'll stay happy with.

The Cruiser below is on 35's with 0mm offset Method 704 wheels and IMHO it's the perfect look for these trucks. Decisions, decisions, everything is a trade-off.

7puCuFd.jpg

jEzJaEM.jpg

I've been sticking a philips screwdriver into the rotor cooling vanes and letting the brake caliper block rotation that way for many years. So far it hasn't broken anything..

Evo Corse has a strong rally and racing heritage, and some rally race teams rely on them for big race rigs. That makes me feel good. I used to rally race, and finishing is half the battle. Rally race teams need to buy reliable equipment, so I trust these will be a quality product.

I believe Toyota Auto Body used to run Dakars on their race 200, but eventually switched to Enkei.. likely as part of a sponsorship. I did some digging and couldn't find a wheel Enkei produced for us, but based on the pictures I'd strongly consider them. Then again, they may be forged and very expensive. Maybe @cruiseroutfit or @dmc have input on wheels we aren't thinking of?

The Cruiser below is on 35's with 0mm offset Method 704 wheels and IMHO it's the perfect look for these trucks. Decisions, decisions, everything is a trade-off.

7puCuFd.jpg

jEzJaEM.jpg

I agree it looks great but I have to wonder how much rubbing there is.. aka trade-off.

@Markuson (I think) had a lengthy post in the past about how 35's just weren't worth the trouble in his case. Personally I view his build as a great balance between mods required to get the job done, and not going so far that it doesn't cause other problems.. even if I am adamant about staying much lighter.

FWIW I've bought several items directly from Evo Corse in Italy. However, none of those items were an actual wheel. Their website seems to function as any e-commerce platform but I don't know if it would throw red flags if you went to purchase wheels to be shipped to the US. You can throw a set of in stock DZs (only 18s at the moment) and select USA for shipping 🤷‍♂️

Sounds like Charlie knows what he wants but TireRack does have the OZ Rally Raid in stock at the moment, 17x8 30mm offset is a great spec IMO.

Cool idea with the screwdriver! I never thought of that. Thanks for the tip. I usually have to chase down my wife or a kid, neither of whom want to sit there with their foot on the brake...

Yeah, it's Markuson's post that has me thinking 35s are a step too far. He went back to 34s. Hard to argue with his experience. But man, they look the business, and that extra (edit: half) inch of lift would be helpful.

My concern with 0 offset is contact with the fender.

Last edited:
FWIW I've bought several items directly from Evo Corse in Italy. However, none of those items were an actual wheel. Their website seems to function as any e-commerce platform but I don't know if it would throw red flags if you went to purchase wheels to be shipped to the US. You can throw a set of in stock DZs (only 18s at the moment) and select USA for shipping 🤷‍♂️

Sounds like Charlie knows what he wants but TireRack does have the OZ Rally Raid in stock at the moment, 17x8 30mm offset is a great spec IMO.
OZ is a great option!

I was going to mention the OZ wheels on Tire Rack as well, they are one of the options I am considering as well.

I found this as an interesting bit of info:
The production starts from a staple for any wheel that can be defined as a “racing wheel”: primary aluminum AS7 with T6 heat treatment, cast under low pressure into steel permanent molds. This procedure is more expensive than that needed for a normal alloy wheel (gravity casting without heat treatment), but ensures high performance without compromise.​

Who knows how much of that is marketing fluff versus technical/practical goodness...

Cool idea with the screwdriver! I never thought of that. Thanks for the tip. I usually have to chase down my wife or a kid, neither of whom want to sit there with their foot on the brake...

Yeah, it's Markuson's post that has me thinking 35s are a step too far. He went back to 34s. Hard to argue with his experience. But man, they look the business, and that extra inch of lift would be helpful.

My concern with 0 offset is contact with the fender.

I only point this out because it actually does remove some of the luster, but as great as they look 35s only bring an extra half inch of clearance under the axle/vehicle over 34s.

That's a lot of trouble for very little gain. And yeah, that half inch may be what is needed to avoid dragging.. but again, lots of trouble.

I keep going back to the dakar race trucks using 285/70R17 MTs.. yeah not much crawling but some seriously impressive terrain. And basically no trouble to get it to fit.

Right, only a 1/2" extra. That does help put it in perspective.

I don't know, that seems to be a big difference in other "lengths" haha.

Awe come on @CharlieS, if your going to mess with 35s you might as well go 37s…

1637718301931.jpeg

I love my Evo's. Tacocruiser told me if you change from factory always go stronger. They are worth the wight. All my tires are "E" rated. My personal preference. Evo's to me were worth the money and weight. Will I ever live up to their potential? No...but my one less thing to worry about.

Just curious about the Evos. They seem to be pretty popular with the 200 crowd and I can see why. They’re a handsome design and strong wheel but it’s cast vs forged and you’re paying premiums. Does this not affect your decision calculus?

I'm not aware of any 17" forged option(s) other than the Rock Warriors.

Evo Corse partners with Fondmetal and uses low pressure casting. They use the same technology in Formula 1 racing wheels and wheels for other types of racing. They're engineered to handle the weight of a large SUV. Not sure what more I could ask for.

I suspect there is a weight advantage to forged wheels, but I'm not building a race car.

And cost wise, I got five new rims delivered to my door for what four used Rock Warriors have been running in my regional market, and no long road trip and sketchy sellers.

Last edited:
Just get sunraysia steelies for when you bash them on a rock it won't take a chunk off and wreck them but just smack the ding back out with a hammer.

Definitely a good option, but one that I didn't consider much.

I use my 200 as a daily driver too, and I don't want to swap my wheels every time I want to go offroad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom