TPMS compatibility - Icon Wheels (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The previous owner installed Icon Rebound wheels on my 2008 Landcruiser and told me the stock TPMS sensors were incompatible. Are they really?

I'm annoyed with the dash lights and I'm thinking about a Carista tool to program new sensors and doing a self-install of TPMS sensors. I want to explore this compatibility issue first. I'm guessing the previous owner was just saving a buck but I want to know for sure.

Also, the does 2008 have 4 sensors monitored or is the spare also part of the monitoring system? I haven't crawled under the vehicle to look at the spare to see if it has a sensor installed.

iconalloys_rebound_bronze_matte_satin_black_ring_17x85-face-500_9899.png

Should be compatible, or at least I’ve never seen an incompatibility mentioned and there are a lot of forum users with icon wheels. There are five sensors including spare.

If you haven’t already read up on the topic the original sensors are made for Toyota by Pacific Industries, and these are available reboxed by Denso. Be wary of counterfeits though.. I’ve had good luck with rockauto. Also your 2008 is one of the easier years to find part numbers for. There were some year model splits later in the 200 production cycle. Yours should be part number 550-0103 (someone please correct me if I’m wrong on this)

Note that you’ll need to inflate the tire, deflate, then reinflate to activate the sensor before it will transmit.

I have those exact wheels and the OEM sensors mounted in the wheels work perfectly.

There is a 5th sensor for the spare and if it's not mounted to a tire/pressurized it will throw a low pressure error. All 5 sensors must be pressurized to keep the dash light off. Dumb system but that's how it works.

I have those exact wheels and the OEM sensors mounted in the wheels work perfectly.
Perfect. Thanks for the confirmation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom