Wheel Stud issues - Attempt at running Fifteen 52 wheels (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I bought some Fifteen52 Metric HD wheels which I still think are some of the best-looking wheels, I installed apex deflators, which the lip of the wheel protects really well. Now comes the issue... So the wheels are 0 offsets, which I was just going to live with, but now I see is a terrible idea. What I did not do is test mount the wheels first, very dumb. The tires are the Falken AT4W 285/70/17 load E.
IMG_0804.jpg
View recent photos.png

Once I got the wheels on the truck, I could see there were no threads to engage with the lugs nuts. I was trying to use the Gorilla Automotive 76644NBC locking lug nuts. There is about a 1/2in lip between the lug nut hole and the back plate of the wheel, while the stock wheels can't be more than 1/8in. Started going down the rabbit hole, on other threads of finding longer wheel studs. This is the best I found, as far as I can tell it's 10mm longer than stock. At the very least I need to fix that busted-up wheel stud.

What I cannot tell, is if these aftermarket rotors are causing some of the issue. I am going to get them replaced but don't have the stock ones on hand to test the size. How long are the studs out from the brake rotor on stock rotors?

I am debating on just selling these wheels and getting method 703s gloss titanium instead, with the method extended lug nuts. It's a +35 offset, which it sounds like other people can run with no problem. The only question is that it will probably be a month or two before I install the lift kit. I know that rock warriors with 33s fit this with no lift, not sure about the methods. The method support guy told me that the 703s should fit the Toyota wheel studs with no issues with their lug nuts. Since I've seen no other posts, I assume this is true.

I had a similar issue. My previous owner had installed wheel spacers that scared the hell out of me when I saw how few threads were engaged. I removed the spacers and installed extended lug nuts and have plenty thread engagement with aftermarket wheels, stock lug bolts and aftermarket rotors like yours.

I started out thinking my rotors might be thicker than stock. The post below had someone supply a stock measurement.

You might see if extended lug nuts might be a fix.

This was my experience.

Rock warriors with 33s clear, but they are 50mm offset. Yours will be a full 2" further out, which means solid contact with the front and rear of the wheel well.

Also those rotors aren't contributing to the stud length issue. They don't significantly change dimensions like that on aftermarket parts.

No issues from me on mine. I did remove them and put RR back on due to the rubbing issues from the offset. Otherwise they bolted up perfectly fine.

ET Style lug nuts should fix your thread engagement. Something like this:
0mm offset will stick out about an inch outside of the wheel wells and will likely require some significant trimming at the front and back of the front wheel wells, even with 33" tires.

I finally put the wheels and tires on the front and the offset looks terrible... Sucks because I like the wheels, just I bought these wheels because it was on sale. Gotta get rid of these for sure.
ApplicationFrameHost_9h1qiAIaU4.png
applicationframehost_l84snch5ni-png.3563470

Thinking about getting Method 703s instead which is a +36 offset. I got a measurement on the front studs of 25mm from the rotor. Method has said their extended nuts will be fine.

ApplicationFrameHost_l84sncH5nI.png

I had a similar issue. My previous owner had installed wheel spacers that scared the hell out of me when I saw how few threads were engaged. I removed the spacers and installed extended lug nuts and have plenty thread engagement with aftermarket wheels, stock lug bolts and aftermarket rotors like yours.

I started out thinking my rotors might be thicker than stock. The post below had someone supply a stock measurement.

You might see if extended lug nuts might be a fix.

This was my experience.
Thats a great thread thank you. Did you end up figuring out if they were cut or not?

I run zero offset Nomads on my 200 with the same size tire with no problem. My buddy @lcforlife runs the exact wheels as you with zero offset and 35x10.5 r17 with no problem on his 200 as well.

Last edited:
I actually really like the look of those wheels, but the extra poke is not for everyone. You'd probably be very happy with +35 methods, and they may improve handling as scrub radius is closer to stock. Too bad you aren't closer I might take those off of your hands..

I actually really like the look of those wheels, but the extra poke is not for everyone. You'd probably be very happy with +35 methods, and they may improve handling as scrub radius is closer to stock. Too bad you aren't closer I might take those off of your hands..
Well I actually shipped another set of wheels not too long ago to IL, shipping was like $200. I would think it would be less to TN. I'd make you a deal knowing it was going to someone that will really use them.

I run zero offset Nomads on my 200 with the same size tire with no problem. My buddy @lcforlife runs the exact wheels as you with zero offset and 35x10.5 r17 with no problem on his 200 as well.

Is the tire size the real difference then? Is the tall skinny really doing that much? because that fits well....

Is the tire size the real difference then? Is the tall skinny really doing that much? because that fits well....
Keep in mind some people’s “no problem” is unacceptable rubbing or squirreliness under braking (read into scrub radius) for others. It can also come down to caster settings, stock front bumper or not, etc.

Keep in mind some people’s “no problem” is unacceptable rubbing or squirreliness under braking (read into scrub radius) for others. It can also come down to caster settings, stock front bumper or not, etc.
Right, thats true, but I'm thinking of the physical amount of poke. His seems much less.

ET Style lug nuts should fix your thread engagement. Something like this:
0mm offset will stick out about an inch outside of the wheel wells and will likely require some significant trimming at the front and back of the front wheel wells, even with 33" tires.
I agree with this post. You are simply using the wrong lug nuts. I have ran fifteen52's in 33, 34, and now 35 size tires on both my 200's. And I highly recommend going with 35's, you will never go back, never!

I agree with this post. You are simply using the wrong lug nuts. I have ran fifteen52's in 33, 34, and now 35 size tires on both my 200's. And I highly recommend going with 35's, you will never go back, never!
For sure the wrong lug nuts. Regardless the offset isnt for me sadly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom