Everyone.......... Meet Sully (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

rockcod

No Brain, No Headache!
SILVER Star
Threads
The wife and I bought our 14 year old son, Wyatt, his first vehicle today. He may not be driving for a while, but he can learn to wrench!!! Wyatt came up with the name, he says the cruiser is the same color as Sully from Monsters Inc. Yep, he is still a kid.

Sully is a 1972 floor shift, hard top, box stock, no frills 40.
The plan for this one will be:

spring over
shackle reverse
power steering
4 wheel disc
lockers

Things we are going to address right away are:

carb adjustment
a few leaks
loose steering
check brakes
new door seals

I will have some better pics of it next week, here are some pics taken up at Fort Tejon on the way home.
Sully 002_small.jpg
Sully 004_small.jpg

Last edited:
What a way to start a young life. A CRUISER-HEAD !! By the time he's legal, that rig ought to be awesome !! Enjoy the build together,and :cheers: Alex

He doesn't know how lucky he is...congrats, beautiful truck, and I love the colour.

You are the best dad ever..once I finish up with old yeller I'm gonna pass her down to my son, unfortunately he is only 10 months old...by the time he can drive old yeller will be 56 years old!!

My first vehicle was a 65 FJ40 fixed it up with my dad, still have it and plan on doing a frame off with my daughter when the time comes, they are a great first vehicle!

Good looking rig! Its how my 72 SHOULD LOOK. The interior is this color....but the exterior is darker now.

Glad to see people still taking the time with their kids. I remember my first car...got it at 15, spent the next year with dad getting it into shape. It was a 76 Malibu Classic. I'm 30 now and just let it go 2 years ago. Miss the car, but have all the memories! Kept me out of things I should not have been doing.

Once again...Congrats on the find! :cheers:

Thanks for all the encouragement. He is very excited about his "new car". We hope to get it road worthy this week, he is going to be very busy this summer.

It will be tough working on 2 vehicles, and it sucks mine is all over the garage right now!! This one should help get mine finished sooner.

LSUfj,
Yeah, he is kinda goofy that way.
Nice cruiser. So your kid is into Monsters Inc ,Led Zepplin, and hopefully fjs? Awesome!

As far as the best dad ever, I do not know about that, I just like hangin' out with my kids :)

Looks pretty nice.

My two little girls already love to wrench with "Daddy".

Looking forward to seeing your projects unfold.

:beer::beer:, Sean. oh and Wyatt, congratulations :banana:

How about a cage for the first mod. :D

A cage is in the works, too. It has a 78 roll bar in it now.

My kid knows he'll inherit the cruiser when I die so he's just waiting quietly until I kick the bucket.

My kid knows he'll inherit the cruiser when I die so he's just waiting quietly until I kick the bucket.

Well hopefully he will be waiting for quite a while!!!

I got home from work this morning and got the kid busy. He washed his cruiser, it gave us a chance to take really good look at everything and we talked about the finer points of his new ride. We took it for a spin to get lunch after the washing and I will really need to address the steering issue first. The combination of worn tie rods and the extended shackles make for a white knuckle ride. All in all, it is a very sound cruiser. Here are some photos of the whole vehicle.
Sully 001_small.jpg
Sully 002_small.jpg
Sully 003_small.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom