This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I probably could with a 20-100 set minimum. I know that pictures mean absolutely nothing in the made in China world. I bet you can find those same pictures on 10-30 different China mfg sites/listings if you start looking. Also, the AU company has them in stock and I know the guys who know them. A lot of guys that buy from that China site NEVER get the products they order or when they do it is nothing like what was pictured or described.

I don't have a problem with made in China products as long as I know it is exactly what I'm buying and have seen/used/referenced. I know in fact these drawers I'm getting are from China through AU. I also know that my AU vendor buys from a different mfg than the one you linked. However, one China mfg can outsource to 10-100 different resellers with 10-100 different names.

J

Storage drawers arrived.

I'll get these installed this weekend. From the first look, I'm pleasantly impressed with the quality and the smoothness of the drawer operation.

J

IMG_20170329_134705578.jpg
IMG_20170329_113038157.jpg
IMG_20170329_112900372.jpg
IMG_20170329_112625090.jpg
IMG_20170329_112150162.jpg

If my 200 customer doesn't take a set I will have a set available. I have an email into the manufacturer for direct pricing, but I have a feeling they will require a 20-50, maybe more set order.

J

I shared quite a few emails with the same company and they would sell me one set as a sample but shipping was $500.00.. ali in about $1000 which is still cheaper then ARB. They also sell the fit kits to enclose the sides unless they are included. I also looked into the fridge slide.
I tried to convince them to do a group buy for 20 plus and ship them direct to each buyer... they were willing to discuss that option but i never followed up

I shared quite a few emails with the same company and they would sell me one set as a sample but shipping was $500.00.. ali in about $1000 which is still cheaper then ARB. They also sell the fit kits to enclose the sides unless they are included. I also looked into the fridge slide.
I tried to convince them to do a group buy for 20 plus and ship them direct to each buyer... they were willing to discuss that option but i never followed up

My guys in Oz gave me Yinhexintai Trading in Tianjin. Curious if its the same company. They make most of the stamped steel pieces for a few AU companies and I guess the fridge/freezer shells and platforms for some of the larger fridge companies.

Like I said before 1 or 2 actual China manufactures can outsource to 100s of China "resellers".

I got an email back from them this afternoon and I'd have to buy 10 sets at a minimum and looks like I wouldn't need a group buy and ship them directly from me to the end user for basically the same $ you stated shipped/ 1000.00 +/-

J

Possibly one of the resellers of the company I posted above. If Dongguan is like the other companies I know of there, they all buy their parts from XYZ and then assemble in house at their facility. As of now, I have no dealings with the company you posted, nor ever heard about them until you linked them.

I do know that we went to 8 different RTT mfgs when I was there last spring. All had the same extrusions, brackets, hoops, etc... I even saw the same boxes with the same part numbers in a majority of the plants. I have no doubt the storage drawers work the same way. I can't be for sure though.

The boxes simply say:

DRAWER UNIT, SLIDE-80, BARRIER with the KG weight on them.

No company name, no part #, no city, nothing.

The guys in Oz say they have sold over 500 sets and the only issue so far has been shipping damage when received and a few loose bearing bolts. Which is an easy fix with tightening up before re-installing the drawers.

J

Last edited:
Possibly one of the resellers of the company I posted above. If Dongguan is like the other companies I know of there, they all buy their parts from XYZ and then assemble in house at their facility. As of now, I have no dealings with the company you posted, nor ever heard about them until you linked them.

I do know that we went to 8 different RTT mfgs when I was there last spring. All had the same extrusions, brackets, hoops, etc... I even saw the same boxes with the same part numbers in a majority of the plants. I have no doubt the storage drawers work the same way. I can't be for sure though.

The boxes simply say:

DRAWER UNIT, SLIDE-80, BARRIER with the KG weight on them.

No company name, no part #, no city, nothing.

The guys in Oz say they have sold over 500 sets and the only issue so far has been shipping damage when received and a few loose bearing bolts. Which is an easy fix with tightening up before re-installing the drawers.

J
Just to throw in a little on this thread I've been enjoying (and nice lookin drawers there Jason) - I have more than 6 months of boots on the ground in China, between a consumer electronics company I started up and finishing construction/startup of an ultrapure chemical plant (old day job). Whenever we would need something, be it a bolt or a heat exchanger, it would be 'drive to the market and look'. Picture the biggest flea market you've ever seen, but focused by section or block by classes of products, such as bolts, hair dryers, microwaves, gauges, suitcases, hand tools, etc etc. Need an air fitting? Go to the fitting market and find the fitting area, then the guy you bought from last time since that one seemed to work. And yes, this is how manufacturing companies source their slides or bolts or whatever over there as well - these markets don't exist at this massive scale for one-off purchase by yours truly.

the gauge and fitting shop in china market.png

The problem is this supply chain has no guarantees, no protections, no reason to believe you will get the same thing each time - all it has, and this is important, is your relationship with 'that guy', and then his relationships with who HE buys from, and up the chain. As people lose face, change jobs, or even have a bad day that chain gets weakened. So the way you approach business in China is NOT shop around. It is meet and greet and drink, and then later maybe you see what they can do. You need to know if they have the "guanxi" to be a reliable supplier or manufacturer for you, and they need to know if they can trust you and what you can do for them.

Jason's approach to following the relationship (even though more expensive through Australia) is the right one despite the financial and lead time penalties he's incurring. Checking out what you can find on alibaba, well, that might work, and it might not, and each time you won't know until it shows up. For those of us trying to scrape by on what you fine folk are able to squirrel away as "truck money", well, that is a ridiculous risk to take. I've had people ask me why I don't source X or Y from China or heaven forbid get the whole KISS Drawers made there in order to reduce the price even further (as if it weren't already pretty dang reasonable), and now you know: I've got no desire to be sitting on airplanes for 20 hours at a pop just to play the dating game and wake up the next afternoon with a F*-all-horrendous baijiu hangover...

TL;DR in my experience, while it's certainly possible to source quality products from China, the relationship development & maintenance is too much for small businesses to risk it

Last edited:
What surprises me is that these folks here seems to sell these dirt cheap. Titan Rear Drawer + Wings suitable for Toyota Landcruiser 100/105 Series (GXL ONLY - No Air Con in rear)

If that is $390 in Aussie dollars, thats roughly $285 U.S. dollars. Something doesn't add up especially with other companies out there selling drawer systems at over $1400. Not that they're not worth the price but that Aussie price is ridiculously low.

I was looking at the Titan drawers but was directed another way due to reviews from my guys at Tough Dog. Shipping on the Titan drawers was 750.00 air or 2600.00 sea freight for 4 sets. So, for 100.00 more for 10-14 day service vs. the standard 7-10 week service.

J

Jason

20' containers shipped from Shanghai to Long Beach are about $800 +/- Suppose you could get rail freight from there to SLC. If you can fill a container with other parts it will bring the cost down.

Those do look nice.......are you getting more?

I have a 200 member that will be setting up a group buy on these for the 80, 100 and 200s. Maybe this weekend. It'll be a 50% deposit and the balance due before shipping. I will have the fridge barrier/cage put together this weekend as well.

2 sets of sliders to build, 60 suspension install and then that little project.

Jason

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom