Builds Electric TLC FJ-40 Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wire management details are important......

Draft parts warming up for final printing....
IMG_1126.JPG

IMG_1124.JPG

IMG_1123.JPG

IMG_1128.JPG

I just found this thread after a story about your electric crate motor on Autoblog, and I think this is one of the coolest things I've ever seen. I'm an electrician by trade and I've been banging the drum about EVs for years and I've long since thought that an electric crate engine would be an amazing option for those of us with older vehicles.

I've also got an old TJ with a blown engine that I've been trying to decide how to fix for a while now, and an electric crate engine sounds perfect. Any idea what kind of price tag we'd be looking at for this thing?

What sort of range would you expect out of an fj60 size wagon? This build has made me curious about eventually going electric in my 55 instead of the usual diesel swap.

With the World Solar Challenge currently taking place I’m also wondering how much effect installing solar would have on the range of the vehicle?

Man, this is really getting me amped (HAR!)...

But seriously, I'm salivating over here...

Mach up of new custom mounting points with the 3D printed motor... 6 mounting points.... Making progress....

IMG_1369.jpg

IMG_1371.jpg

IMG_1372.jpg

IMG_1377.jpg

And making some Battery Management System (BMS) control boards for the energy module......

IMG_1376.jpg

Yeah, me too. I'm thinking about selling my house and using the money to buy a bunch of lottery tickets to win enough money to convert my 1970 FJ40.
Seems like a solid investment plan.

:rofl:

That looks about 6-8” too low. Is that just for mock up?
X2 It may be the camera angle but the motor looks really close to the front diff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom