Drain and Fill Brake Fluid Reservoir, Fruitless or Genius? LC100 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

And which fluid and how much do we need for full flush?
Has anyone gives you an answer on this?

I am about to do this myself.

Anyone know the brake fluid drain and fill interval? I think this would be the best thread to post it in.

Thanks in advanced!

Typically about every 3 years, I flush 5 to 7 Toyota bottles through.

How often depends on climate and use. You can buy a tool, that measure moisture content. Moisture drops boil point temp, reducing pressure. It also darkens the fluid. So as color begins to changes, flush it out.

1712281820202.png

Is there a technical reason or just preference that Toyota Dot 3 is preferred over another quality brands like Amsoil, Lucas, Valvoline, etc?

been using this stuff in all my Toyotas for over 10 years, with great results. its cheaper, and comes in quarts. I flush my Brake fluid once a year. I know it's a bit excessive. but .. i guess thats me

valv.PNG

What would be typical symptoms of never changing brake fluid?

Dark color, stained reservoir, bake fades after heavy use are due to moisture lowered boiling temp of fluid. Which if reservoir stained, you'll also very likely have weak seals. Junky old fluid is damaging also, to the rubber used in brake system seals. Also, gunk build-up which can clog screens in reservoir and screens & valves of ABS.

You can buy a brake fluid tester, which test for moisture. I don't have one. But I was told, they have: DOT I, II, III, IV, 5.1 & Toyota specific test line.

Toyota fluid is different, which became known when Toyota/Lexus recalled 2005-07 (not 100 series) for brake master seal failure. TSB stated, due non Toyota brake fluid added to reservoir. A fact even Dealerships have forgotten, which (all I've seen) are using bulk (not Toyota) brake fluid. Which may be why they're having a very high number of master failing.

I ask because I have never ever bled or changed brake fluid in any of my LC/LXs and never had any braking issues that I know of. Short of all four systems failing by sundown, I wonder if it has anything to do with never having any ABS/master cylinder failures. Prolly just lucky Lexii.

been using this stuff in all my Toyotas for over 10 years, with great results. its cheaper, and comes in quarts. I flush my Brake fluid once a year. I know it's a bit excessive. but .. i guess thats me

View attachment 3599144
Same here. I flush a bottle of that Valvoline Synthetic through all four corners once a year if not more often. Been using that fluid on my 100 for 11 years.

Never replace, no! They have and electric motor with commutator and bushes, which will fail one day, As do all these types of electric motors. Also the accumulator with deplete its N gas. Additionally it has rubber and moving parts

But you can get the longest life possible, with 3 smiple steps.
  1. Frequent flush (with only Toyota fluid, IMHO!)
  2. Never overfill or spill fluid on master.
  3. Make sure battery voltage always good, which means good clean battery post & clamps, good battery, good grounds.
I placed a link on OP page, and will do again here, for those that missed it:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom