Brake Fluid Reservoir Bubbling (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
2004 LC 100 89k mi. When I started the truck up this morning (Temp 45*) I heard a small pumping sound comming from the engine compartment. I noticed the brake fluid reservoir bubbling every 4-5 sec. It didn't look like air but fluid being pumped up. Drove for about 2 minutes and ABS light and buzzer sounded. Also TRAC ON TRAC OFF lit up. All went off about 5 minutes later. Any ideas what this issue could be. TIA

2004 LC 100 89k mi. When I started the truck up this morning (Temp 45*) I heard a small pumping sound comming from the engine compartment. I noticed the brake fluid reservoir bubbling every 4-5 sec. It didn't look like air but fluid being pumped up. Drove for about 2 minutes and ABS light and buzzer sounded. Also TRAC ON TRAC OFF lit up. All went off about 5 minutes later. Any ideas what this issue could be. TIA
I am not 100% sure but I think your ABS unit is failing the pump is trying to keep up with the accumulator losing pressure, I'm sure someone will chime in and give you a better answer I would stop driving for now if the issue is present. I have a similar issue in my 4th gen. 4Runner with similar brake system but mine is ABS motor making noise intermittently.

Sounds like your booster/accumulator is on its way out. 2001LCs brake thread should have more info for ya.

The pump running with key in and ON position is normal(engine off) the bubbles are not. When you first flick the key it should run for about 30-40 seconds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom