Dissent offroad 80 series modular bumper interest (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ben and the Dissent Offroad crew knocked out the rear bumper over the last couple weeks. Laser scan of the truck, CAD design, laser table cutting, fabrication, and powder coating. The design work took the majority of the time. Ben’s team re-designed a new rear crossmember, which was significantly different than the 100 series. The trucks 1” body lift provided addition challenges.

With a 37” spare, the tire carrier needed additional strength to prevent movement. The side quarter panel protection was not included in the design, but added at my request. Also, the combo lights on the bumper are not standard equipment, but were added for safety since the 37” spare and triple Jerry can box somewhat block the tail lights.

I’m impressed with the quality, design, and toughness of the bumper. Dissent build this with rocky difficult trails in mind. No aftermarket recovery points are required for either the front or rear bumper. Test driving will wait for gear install next week.
If I wasn't way deep into the Delta bumper set I would have gone this route. Great look and design. Love the Aluminum/ steel front idea they decided to go with for weight reduction. Looks like they nailed the rear now too. That says a lot they took the time to work with you to take a chance on this when so busy.
Oddball question but do you know what scanner they used to scan the 80?

Oddball question but do you know what scanner they used to scan the 80?
I saw the scanner, but didn’t take note of the brand or type. It wasn’t prominently displayed.

Since Dissent does their powder coating in house, you can choose from a wide selection of colors. I chose a gray color for the main lower bumper and black for everything above.

Last edited:
Dont mind me...just 🦈 lurking...waiting for a price 😈 HAHA!
I've heard similar to his 100 series bumpers. A few of us are trying to get a group buy going to help motivate Ben to set up a short production run. I think we have 3 people now that would like the front and rear bumper. Want to sign up with us?

I've heard similar to his 100 series bumpers. A few of us are trying to get a group buy going to help motivate Ben to set up a short production run. I think we have 3 people now that would like the front and rear bumper. Want to sign up with us?
I would be interested in a group buy on the FJ80 bumpers. add me to the list.

I would be interested in a group buy on the FJ80 bumpers. add me to the list.

@SteelHunterFJ80 has been running the communication so far. I think we were needing 5 people in and you would get us to 4.

I would love toooo, but I believe it or not trying to recover from a turbo kit and aiming to buy first house....at the same time....not as easy as one would think! :poof: :flush::steer:

@SteelHunterFJ80 has been running the communication so far. I think we were needing 5 people in and you would get us to 4.
This is correct.....need a minimum of 2 more. The funny thing is that by the time we get enough people for the front. The rear bumper might be available as well.

Hey guys, I have some good news! We have decided that the lc80 bumpers are officially the next production line we are now offering. Still nailing down the final details but will have more to come tomorrow.
We will likely do a first run of 10 each so if you want in on the first runs get your emails in ASAP through the website. We can nail down the details later. Again, official product release coming soon just wanted to give you guys a heads up to get in first.
thanks!

Hey guys, I have some good news! We have decided that the lc80 bumpers are officially the next production line we are now offering. Still nailing down the final details but will have more to come tomorrow.
We will likely do a first run of 10 each so if you want in on the first runs get your emails in ASAP through the website. We can nail down the details later. Again, official product release coming soon just wanted to give you guys a heads up to get in first.
thanks!
Fronts or rears!? Sent an email in on the site.

Do you have any more shots of the rear bumper? And final design was to cut the x member correct? Looks great!
Unfortunately not a ton. I have purchased an 80 so we will be installing all the finalized bumpers on that in the coming weeks. We will post what we have. Yes, the factory crossmember was awkward and the bumper was getting bulky when building around it so we ultimately decided to replace it. Unfortunately this will be a little bit of an added cost from the lc100

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom