Dissent Front Bumper Group Buy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SteelHunterFJ80

SILVER Star
Threads
Hello all,

As the title states we are looking to get a group buy order going for Dissent Front bumpers. While many have been particularity interested in the rear bumper it is still under the final stages development. In the meantime, if we get a big enough order @benc is willing to do a limited production run for some front bumpers. Otherwise, it is not a matter or if but when this front bumper will be available to order. Pricing will be similar to whats listed on his site for his other products but it could help if we get a large enough group buy going (no promises course). Ideally we would get 10 people to buy in with an absolute minimum of 5 to get a buy going. Ben is currently working on a rear bumper as well.

You can follow the progress on these bumpers at: Dissent 80 Series Bumpers thread

In the meantime here is what the fronts on an 80 look like, (thanks @Road Apple), below you will find an example of the rear on a 100 series. Also, there will be a number of different bull bars available, full bar shown below, mid level stinger and low stinger. See the thread above for more details. I have tagged the people that have expressed previous interest in the hopes that we can get this off the ground and bring a killer new product to fruition.

1614443770988.png

1614443792529.png

1614443867083.png

1614443876618.png

@clx16 @ZMaster @jwbc84 @chap79 @Dissent @lacresta @Heckraiser @GA Trevor @bhicks @bicycleagent003 @JHB Cruising @HDJdreams @DominicanFZJ80 @khm3rgtr @mjosoba @george.arnold @White Stripe @jstew0903 @wakesetter @joxeale @civil offroad @mattimooseprime @Sharky1528 @Wompom @lumbee1 @lelandEOD

Here’s a couple more pictures of the Dissent 100 series rear bumper, which the 80 series will look similar to. The modular design allows attachments to be swapped out at anytime. The tire carrier includes a fold up table.

5CD8FE20-D1B7-4F23-8CCC-E27074367C90.png

8BE40B56-C4C5-43A7-A303-1F43EFA99345.png

Last edited:
Yeah, Excellent that's 3 only two more to go. I really want to get this bumper. I'm planning to paint my truck and it'd be nice to do the while front end once....bumper, winch. Lights chrome trim painted etc

Unfortunately I already have a front bumper. My rear bumper has blind spot monitors and since I haven’t broken them on the Tacoma I’m not looking to upgrade. Yet.

As I said before @benc is very professional and his communication during my previous actions with him have been outstanding. Absolutely love my truck bed rack.
FB2A1ABB-C592-4FCE-BBA4-6E44C5CD608D.jpeg
92BE8484-C7FD-4014-93EF-FD70EFA4C3F2.jpeg
12BAE6E3-95C0-4327-B526-FCB7BE92AEEF.jpeg

I would be down depending on time frame, do you know when they would be ready? I would do a front if they were ready by summer?

I would be down depending on time frame, do you know when they would be ready? I would do a front if they were ready by summer?
Not sure if that timeline is possible, but I sent a text to Ben asking if summer is doable. Will get back to you when he answers.

@SteelHunterFJ80 I have already paid for a front bumper and he kept the invoice open to add a rear bumper. he may already be counting me. if you can count me then maybe you can stretch to count @Road Apple too haha.

Mine is aluminum so mine might be getting counted separate from steel since he does different reinforcing so that it is just as rigid.

Yes, the plan is they would be ready by summer. We wouldn't send funds into Dissent until a time frame was confirmed

I should add that when Ben and I spoke he said he could do a one off run provided I get enough guys together. He'd then just crunch out all the bumpers in one run

if you can count me then maybe you can stretch to count @Road Apple too haha.
Appreciate the thought. A discount would be very welcome, but my front bumper is made, bought and paid for.

Appreciate the thought. A discount would be very welcome, but my front bumper is made, bought and paid for.
Just to be clear, we are hoping to get these bumpers moved up by several months to get them in production so I'm am not certain that there will be a discount. But I do brookside that this could help the development and production of the rear bumper as well and that helps us all

Okay so here is the list so far:

@SteelHunterFJ80 regular steel bumper
@jwbc84 aluminum and steel bumper
@ajax1 If can be ready by summer, steel or aluminum ajax?
@HoustonFj80 in for an aluminum/steel bumper
@SonoranCruisers for front bumper with full hoop, aluminum/steel or just steel @SonoranCruisers and finally @clx16 who has already paid for a bumper and could possibly get his built along with ours. Also aluminum I believe.

If you are all still a go, I will contact @benc and see what he says.

I posted a reference to this group buy on the Toyota 80 Series USA Facebook page in an effort to get more people interested in the group buy.

First question that came up was, “Is there a deadline?” This person is waiting for a tax return check to show up.

@SteelHunterFJ80, please ask Ben when you chat with him. Thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom