Dissent Front/Rear Bumper install instructions (LX) (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Found the answer... It's the vertical panel, not jerry carrier.

Or could be this one. Survey says......... @raincityrider

I'm kinda wishing I had gotten the other Dissent swing out w/the 2" hitch and jerry can holder. I haven't installed the accessory swing as I'm not sure what to put on it. I can put my treads on the roof, High lift on either spare or roof rack. Just wishing I had made a different choice I think.

The rear license plate light that came with the swingouts needs to be replaced. Not even 9 months old and the left side of the light flickers. Has anyone replaced the light with something else? Was looking at license plate bolts but figured I would hit you all up first with success stories.

*I went through all the pics in this thread and it looks like everyone kept the stock location of the license plate on the lift gate and I may be the unicorn that relocated the plate to the swingout.*

Last edited:
The rear license plate light that came with the swingouts needs to be replaced. Not even 9 months old and the left side of the light flickers. Has anyone replaced the light with something else? Was looking at license plate bolts but figured I would hit you all up first with success stories.

*I went through all the pics in this thread and it looks like everyone kept the stock location of the license plate on the lift gate and I may be the unicorn that relocated the plate to the swingout.*

Mine died too—here is the light that is supplied with your order:

Amazon product ASIN B07VHJ435Y
New one has been fine.

I’m also looking for an alternative. Already on my third set of lights and they start flickering relatively quickly. Living with it for now, but any other suggestions would be appreciated.

I’m also looking for an alternative. Already on my third set of lights and they start flickering relatively quickly. Living with it for now, but any other suggestions would be appreciated.
I have not had an issue yet, but how about this one?

Amazon product ASIN B08YFL9G2Y

@RobW0 I have been using this one for about 3 months after my dissent one failed. It's overkill; even on the dimmer of the 2 settings. I don't daily my 200 so the use has been limited. So far, so good though. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Found the answer... It's the vertical panel, not jerry carrier.
Sorry guys work has. been crazy! It is the large Vertical Panel.

My Dissent came with that bracket. I didn't use it since I have a Superwinch and didn't need to relocate the control box. I did remove the center piece behind the grill to get it to fit on my 13 LX.

All winches have a standard bolt pattern.
@teejnut Could you post a few photos of the winch/bumper mount? I'm going to be installing my Dissent front on my 2013 LX, and would be keen to see if I'll be able to squeeze the Warn EVO VR12000 winch control box in the top mount or whether I'll need to fab a mount.

@teejnut Could you post a few photos of the winch/bumper mount? I'm going to be installing my Dissent front on my 2013 LX, and would be keen to see if I'll be able to squeeze the Warn EVO VR12000 winch control box in the top mount or whether I'll need to fab a mount.
Sure. Do you just want to see how much space there is for the winch?

Precisely. It looks like the superwinch is about the same dimensions as the Warn EVO VR 12000.
Kind of hard to take pics but here are some.

PXL_20221217_200507970.jpg

PXL_20221217_200442857.jpg

PXL_20221217_200415462.jpg

PXL_20221217_200352924.jpg

PXL_20221217_200345701.jpg

PXL_20221217_200336134.jpg

LC came with front/rear Dissent already installed. I've added the rear swingouts and now time to add the LP6's and a SuperWinch TS11500SR. The question I am afraid to ask because I think I know the answer, how much of the front bumper do I have to remove to install the winch? Just preparing for when I have a warm day to accomplish.

LC came with front/rear Dissent already installed. I've added the rear swingouts and now time to add the LP6's and a SuperWinch TS11500SR. The question I am afraid to ask because I think I know the answer, how much of the front bumper do I have to remove to install the winch? Just preparing for when I have a warm day to accomplish.
Unfortunately, adding the winch to the center section is done early-on in the install, so there will be alot to take apart. However, aside from unbolting/revolting and realigning, it's not particularly difficult, just time consuming.

Yep, it has to come off.
However, if you get some help, you can remove the whole thing as one piece by removing the 2 tow point bolts, and 4 flange nuts on each side.
12 items in total.

I would put a jack(s) in the middle section and have 2 people hold up each wing while you undo everything.

86AA6F89-0111-45BB-B85C-A032DAB717FA.jpeg

It sounds like Dissent needs to find a different supplier for lights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom