Disabling the AHC and AVS systems, no warning lights. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Progress! Everything but the reservoir and shocks have been removed. Time to start on the rear lift, waiting on parts for the front lift.

IMG_20200614_195806.jpg

Little update.

If a check engine light comes on, it will display a vsc warning and the 4lo light will blink.

The 2 cases this has happened to me was because I left the gas cap loose. Once tightened and the evap code cleared the vsc warning and blinking 4lo light go away.

No issues passing a smog check this weekend either.

Last edited:
Little update.

If an check engine light comes on, it will display a vsc warning and the 4lo light will blink.

The 2 cases this has happened to me was because I left the gas cap loose. Once tightened and the evap code cleared the vsc warning and blinking 4lo light go away.

Thanks for the update @turbo8, it's good to have some reassurances!

Little update.

If an check engine light comes on, it will display a vsc warning and the 4lo light will blink.

Any idea what the CEL/MIL code is?

Any idea what the CEL/MIL code is?
Yeah, same code I mentioned in a previous post.

U0132 fault code.

"Lost communication with suspension control module A"

Yeah, same code I mentioned in a previous post.

U0132 fault code.

"Lost communication with suspension control module A"
In your opinion a 2" OME lift would work after the disable without swapping uppers and lowers?

In your opinion a 2" OME lift would work after the disable without swapping uppers and lowers?
It should work, but if you're just looking for increased ride height, you can raise the normal ride height ~2" by using the factory strut spacer and adjusting the sensor brackets.

Unless the AHC system is in disrepair, I wouldn't replace it for a basic 2" OME lift. The OME BP51 system would be a good replacement.

It should work, but if you're just looking for increased ride height, you can raise the normal ride height ~2" by using the factory strut spacer and adjusting the sensor brackets.

Unless the AHC system is in disrepair, I wouldn't replace it for a basic 2" OME lift. The OME BP51 system would be a good replacement.

Thanks. Ive seen the OEM 1" spacer but have you heard of someone using the tundra 3/4 or 1" strut spacer and it working?

Don't use a tundra spacer. There's not enough bolt thread in the top hat to accommodate any larger of a spacer. You also risk serious suspension damage if the strut now becomes the compression stop limitor.

Adding spacers to AHC is not to lift, but to restore load capacity with a sensor lift.

You can get all the lift you want modifying the AHC sensor bracket, and then some to fully peg out the stock suspension travel. My opinion, but even BP51s, let alone basic OMEs, would be a huge downgrade to what AHC provides. Unless your system is in disrepair as @turbo8 says.

Don't use a tundra spacer. There's not enough bolt thread in the top hat to accommodate any larger of a spacer. You also risk serious suspension damage if the strut now becomes the compression stop limitor.

Spacers for AHC are more about restoring load capacity with a sensor lift.

You can get all the lift you want with AHC, and then some to fully peg out the stock suspension travel. My opinion, but even BP51s would be a huge downgrade to what AHC provides.
thanks
What I dont want is a firm over pressurized ahc lift. If I can get 1.5-2" on the spacer then I can run a normal front pressure and keep the nice ride. Not sure if 1" on the spacer will be enough

Hi all,

I just want to update information. I have deleted the whole AHC systems and been driving around since August 2020 and 5,000 KM without problems.

I am very happy with @turbo8's work. His work was really awesome and easy. Actually, I have been waiting for information about that since 6 years HAHAHA :rofl:.

Then, I have tested drive about 5,000KM. The result was successful and no warning or error display.

This is my car Land Cruiser 200 (VDJ200 UK version) below ;)

IMG_0838.JPG

What I have done:
- Old man Emu Nitrocharger 2"
- Rear coil spacer OME2722
- Superpro UCA

When I turned off and removed the AHC system and converted to OME lift.

View attachment 2456394

Here I have changed the OME lift with superpro UCA below..
View attachment 2456395

BEFORE:

1601904982637.png

AFTER:
Both the engine check light and height sensor errors will not come out on speedometer display.
IMG_5220.jpg

Thank you very much to @turbo8 for helping. His information was really helpful :).

Is there anyone who uses OME BP-51 on Land Cruiser 200 or Lexus LX570? Is there problem on BP51?

THANK YOU!

Last edited:
Hi all,

I just want to update information. I have deleted the whole AHC systems and been driving around since August 2020 and 5,000 KM without problems.

I am very happy with @turbo8's work. His work was really awesome and easy. Actually, I have been waiting for information about that since 6 years HAHAHA :rofl:.

Then, I have tested drive about 5,000KM. The result was successful and no warning or error display.

This is my car Land Cruiser 200 (VDJ200 UK version) below ;)

View attachment 2456388

What I have done:
- Old man Emu Nitrocharger 2"
- Rear coil spacer OME2722
- Superpro UCA

When I turned off and removed the AHC system and converted to OME lift.

View attachment 2456394

Here I have changed the OME lift with superpro UCA below..
View attachment 2456395

BEFORE:

View attachment 2456470

AFTER:
Both the engine check light and height sensor errors will not come out on speedometer display.
View attachment 2456462

Thank you very much to @turbo8 for helping. His information was really helpful :).

Is there anyone who uses OME BP-51 on Land Cruiser 200 or Lexus LX570? Is there problem on BP51?

THANK YOU!
Looks great! What size tires are you running? Any wheel spacers?

I finally removed the pump\reservoir in the rear bumper area this week. I still have all the components sitting at my house. last chance to get spare parts before I take these off to the recycler.

Hey Turbo I may have someone to collect in LV. What is there in parts? Can you message me please?

Also, have any of yall weighed the ahc parts less shocks? I’m thinking it must be considerable.

No, for example. King 2.5" reservoir shocks mount the reservoirs in a location that won't interfere with AHC components.

If I got the 2.5” option that left the AHC components in place, could I run them without the rattling you experienced?

I’m assuming you had the rattling because half your components were removed?

My goal is to swap to kings but keep everything in place should I want to revert back to original or sell the truck.

My main reason for the conversion is that I cannot stand the side to side sway when turning in my 13 LX. If I can’t get rid of that, I’ll likely sell the truck. I will be extremely satisfied if I can get a more stable, less wallowy ride out of my LX!

Also- is it impossible to run a front sway bar? Why is everyone running without one?

Last edited:
If I got the 2.5” option that left the AHC components in place, could I run them without the rattling you experienced?

My goal is to swap to kings but keep everything in place should I want to revert back to original or sell the truck.

My main reason for the conversion is that I cannot stand the side to side sway when turning in my 13 LX. If I can’t get rid of that, I’ll likely sell the truck. I will be extremely satisfied if I can get a more stable, less wallowy ride out of my LX!

Also- is it impossible to run a front sway bar? Why is everyone running without one?
If sway is a priority of yours I don’t think this will help. The LX sway bar isn’t particularly stiff, with the AHC suspension designed to help control some of the body roll during cornering. With eliminating AHC and adding longer travel “dumb” shocks in all likelihood the sway will get worse.

If sway is a priority of yours I don’t think this will help. The LX sway bar isn’t particularly stiff, with the AHC suspension designed to help control some of the body roll during cornering. With eliminating AHC and adding longer travel “dumb” shocks in all likelihood the sway will get worse.

What if I were to replace with OEM LC shocks?

Have you changed accumulators? You aren’t going to be happy with thin 570 sway bars and no AHC, let alone no sway bars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom