Disabling the AHC and AVS systems, no warning lights. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Everything is still working great.

View attachment 2187468
Thanks for all of the work and detail that has gone into "paving" the way on this one. I have pulled fuses, relays and pigtails to the AHC and have been running issue free for about a month in my 2013. As I am looking to install new coils and shocks (specific model still tbd) in the next month, I was wondering if you had any more detailed info and/or steps (or lessons learned) on removing the existing AHC components (and fluid)?

Thanks for all of the work and detail that has gone into "paving" the way on this one. I have pulled fuses, relays and pigtails to the AHC and have been running issue free for about a month in my 2013. As I am looking to install new coils and shocks (specific model still tbd) in the next month, I was wondering if you had any more detailed info and/or steps (or lessons learned) on removing the existing AHC components (and fluid)?
Have a couple buckets ready to catch all the fluid if you remove the AHC components. There are many different spots that the fluid will drain from.

To remove all the hard lines, you will need to cut a lot of them out. The gas tank probably needs to be dropped to get 2 lines out. I cut as much as a could from those lines but they are sill up there in the crossmember.

You may get abs and vsc error codes when you remove the height control valve assembly, have a to clear non obd2 codes. (techstream\carista app)
I got the codes the day after I removed it, they have not come back in a 1000 miles.

Thanks Turbo8 for going through the trouble to figure all this out. I just picked up a 2010 Lx570 today and just happened to run across this thread. I can't wait to do the delete. Not trying to hijack but Summitracing is clearancing their TJM 200 series springs and I picked up a set, I will be using those springs with Tundra parts. Thanks again

Any updates to the longevity of this mod without waring lights? @turbo8 ?

Any updates to the longevity of this mod without warning lights? @turbo8 ?

Loving it, no new issues.

I have one more hard line to remove (passenger side rear shock line) and the reservoir behind the back bumper. Then my AHC delete will be complete.

@zman7980 also has also disabled his AHC and installed aftermarket suspension. I'll let him chime in on how he likes it so far.

So far so good for me (2013 LX). I disabled the AHC in mid December, then installed aftermarket suspension (Foam Cell Pro with the Constant Load Springs) in early February. I disconnected the hydraulic lines from the old shocks, but left all AHC components in tact. I will run it this way for now, then do a complete delete down the road. Install was definitely more time consuming than past installs, but that is (mostly) attributed to the nightmare that is the rear shock setup. You will need a 22mm offset wrench, and either cut it in half to get a breaker bar on it (@turbo8), or get creative with a ratchet strap on the opposite box end of the wrench (me).

Overall, I am very happy with the result. I have had zero issues, no warning/dash lights, and everything appears to be functioning as intended. I gained about 3.5 inches post install, but the springs will obviously settle in over time. For me, the ride is what I was looking for and what I prefer (and what I am used to in past trucks). The AHC is a brilliant setup, with the benefits outlined by those much more intelligent than me. With that said, I don't miss it.

The only problem is that my 33" tires now look ridiculously small (especially in the rear)....time for new some rubber!

A special thanks to @turbo8 for pioneering this one, and for responding to a few PM's from me.....it;s great to have this option now available on the 570.

Followed turbo8's directions to disable AHC. Worked perfectly. No lights.
I am ignorant to most of this and it is probably dangerous for me to be even messing with it, but here we are. I'd like to get a little more lift without replacing much in the case I end up not being happy. With the AHC disabled, would adding spacers in the front and back give me a little more lift? Or do I just need to replace all the shocks and rear springs. Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Followed turbo8's directions to disable AHC. Worked perfectly. No lights.
I am ignorant to most of this and it is probably dangerous for me to be even messing with it, but here we are. I'd like to get a little more lift without replacing much in the case I end up not being happy. With the AHC disabled, would adding spacers in the front and back give me a little more lift? Or do I just need to replace all the shocks and rear springs. Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
Is your AHC system (shocks, valves, etc) still there just disabled?

I just did mine today. I drove it around a little. No lights, no codes, nothing. I believe turbo8 said his worked and has been working. He has long term experience.

Yes. All there, just disconnected.

Is the plan to keep it this way long term?

A significant part of your spring rate comes from hydraulic pressure within the shock and accumulator for that corner. If the system isn’t working as designed this fluid is locked in there and not getting exchanged with the fluid in the reservoir. Seems like a bad idea to me.

This whole thread was aimed at people that wanted to replace AHC/AVSS with traditional springs and struts. Or that was my understanding anyway.

Not sure. I just want a little more height. Not sure of the thread’s intention. I did disable the ahc and avs with no warning lights as described in the first post. I just wanted to know if coil spring spacers would increase height with the AHC disabled. Theoretically I believe it should.

Not sure. I just want a little more height. Not sure of the thread’s intention. I did disable the ahc and avs with no warning lights as described in the first post. I just wanted to know if coil spring spacers would increase height with the AHC disabled. Theoretically I believe it should.

You can already do this without disabling the system by doing the sensor lift. Or perhaps I'm misunderstanding.

Hey Burtively,

The purpose of disabling the system was so I could install traditional shocks and springs.

I would re enable your system and search around the forums some more to see other options for raising the height of your LX with stiffer springs\spacers.

I'm in the process of removing the AHC components on my LX at the moment. I added some color over the AHC lines in the diagram to make it easier to read. Blue stars indicate components that I intend to pull. Hopefully this will help to make the job easier for others in the future.

LX570-AHC-01_Color.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom