Depo Headlight Dimensions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can anyone provide the bezel dimensions listed in the photo for depo headlights?
Thanks!

Screen Shot 2023-10-25 at 8.09.25 PM.png

Please explain exactly what you want measured. Is the leftmost line indicating the furthest-left edge of the recessed bit?

I have Depo lights but I don't know what you want.

Yes, furthest-left edge of the recessed bit. I would like the max height and width of where the bezel starts to recess for the high beam.

How do you like the LED? I'm about to do a conversion and wonder why most go HID. Are the LED newer? So not as common? Have you seen any Hid conversions next to your LED?

How do you like the LED? I'm about to do a conversion and wonder why most go HID. Are the LED newer? So not as common? Have you seen any Hid conversions next to your LED?

I went back and forth between Morimoto D2s hid and their m-led 2.0 for my retrofit. I asked white sheep about his retrofit a few weeks ago and based on his answers decided to copy him so can answer a few of these questions.

I think most people use hid because they’re almost completely plug and play. The hid have external ballasts so the projector is short enough to fit into the 80 series depo housing with a small simple amount of trimming They perform great and are time tested. They have more wiring.

The Morimoto m-led 2.0 are newer, no ballasts but they have a built in fan so are longer. To make those fit you have to cut a large hole in the reflector bowl and jb weld them in place. It’s more difficult to mount the projector. There’s less wiring.

I’ve not seen an 80 specific output comparison but the retrofit source did a comparison of projectors which included the D2S, MLED 2.0, and the profile hi-lens which is what white sheep and I have in our high beams spot.

I went back and forth between Morimoto D2s hid and their m-led 2.0 for my retrofit. I asked white sheep about his retrofit a few weeks ago and based on his answers decided to copy him so can answer a few of these questions.

I think most people use hid because they’re almost completely plug and play. The hid have external ballasts so the projector is short enough to fit into the 80 series depo housing with a small simple amount of trimming They perform great and are time tested. They have more wiring.

The Morimoto m-led 2.0 are newer, no ballasts but they have a built in fan so are longer. To make those fit you have to cut a large hole in the reflector bowl and jb weld them in place. It’s more difficult to mount the projector. There’s less wiring.

I’ve not seen an 80 specific output comparison but the retrofit source did a comparison of projectors which included the D2S, MLED 2.0, and the profile hi-lens which is what white sheep and I have in our high beams spot.

thanks

Thanks a ton @ERG80! How do you like the Hi Lens for your brights? I’m not scared of cutting or wiring. More concerned with doing it the right way once. ie not being “that guy” to on coming traffic.

Was the hi lens for brights pretty straightforward or was there more cutting again? I’m local to Atlanta so I’ll probably give the retrofit guys a call soon, but would love any thoughts or comments as to how you feel about the whole package post install. What made you make the choice for LED over HID?

Last edited:
Thanks a ton @ERG80! How do you like the Hi Lens for your brights? I’m not scared of cutting or wiring. More concerned with doing it the right way once. ie not being “that guy” to on coming traffic.

Was the hi lens for brights pretty straightforward or was there more cutting again? I’m local to Atlanta so I’ll probably give the retrofit guys a call soon, but would love any thoughts or comments as to how you feel about the whole package post install. What made you make the choice for LED over HID?
I don’t have them mounted in the cruiser yet but I’ve bench tested them and they’re very bright and focused even with the plastic lens protectors still on them. Things are even brighter with the mled brights activated with them.

The hi-lens are easy to install but you do have to trim the h1 mount into a small circular hole then sand the back of the bowl flat. It’s really easy since the aluminum it’s made of (or whatever it is) is soft. You can then feed the threaded back of the hi-lens through and screw the back on to hold it in place to aim.

I’m sure I’ll be very happy with the upgrade when I install and aim them.
I originally ordered D2s projectors but returned them in favor of the Mleds because white sheep and 2000uzj recommended them, I had expectations of having to trim the bowls, And I didn’t want to deal with the ballasts and running the wires. The mleds and hi-lens just need wiring adapters for the factory harness.

I think the d2s would have been much easier and if I just kept them I probably would be done with everything by now had I gone that route.

I don’t have them mounted in the cruiser yet but I’ve bench tested them and they’re very bright and focused even with the plastic lens protectors still on them. Things are even brighter with the mled brights activated with them.

The hi-lens are easy to install but you do have to trim the h1 mount into a small circular hole then sand the back of the bowl flat. It’s really easy since the aluminum it’s made of (or whatever it is) is soft. You can then feed the threaded back of the hi-lens through and screw the back on to hold it in place to aim.

I’m sure I’ll be very happy with the upgrade when I install and aim them.
I originally ordered D2s projectors but returned them in favor of the Mleds because white sheep and 2000uzj recommended them, I had expectations of having to trim the bowls, And I didn’t want to deal with the ballasts and running the wires. The mleds and hi-lens just need wiring adapters for the factory harness.

I think the d2s would have been much easier and if I just kept them I probably would be done with everything by now had I gone that route.

This is fascinating. Are you following someone's writeup or can you do one if none exist? Thx.

Sorry to resurrect this one (at least it's not years old!). But @White Sheep do you have a parts list on these headlights? Or are these the DEPO lights with M LED 2.0's and just painted black around the housing? It looks fantastic.
They are DEPO painted. Bi-LED: Moimoto M LED Stage III projector headlights and High Beam: Profile Headlights.

This is fascinating. Are you following someone's writeup or can you do one if none exist? Thx.

Ok, we could meet tomorrow or end of next week.
Haven't used anything yet. Working on making my own reflectors with LED chips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom