Demo Derby 'build' (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Sweating in the rainforest or Winters, CA
You all are probably going to hate me for suggesting it.... but I'm thinking of 'building' a pig for our county fair next year for the Demolition Derby..... I know... I know... BUT there are a few rigs out there that have been suggested for the scrap yard... and you know how much fun it would be to run one in the derby?? May not last that long and stuff, but then again.. maybe it would. It would have to be pretty much stripped completely, so... we'd just be demoing a chassis and frame... and motor, but maybe I'd plop an 8 in there... with the pipes coming out the hood? How rad would that be?

Just sayin... but is anyone interested in letting their spare pig go to such an event? Could even do it with an F motor and three speed.

demo-derby3.jpeg

Think on your sins my son. Say three Our Fathers and two Hail Marys. Think no more of this blasphemy. Go in peace and sin no more.

That's awesome. Well said sir. A lot derby guys in my area. Some real classics get lost that way.....

um...NO. if you really must destroy a car for the derby, go git a heep. if you have a rusted to s*** old pig you don't want anymore, I'm opening a home for abused swine, free of charge for the rest of this month...

Oh I love it. I knew I would cause controversy. Yeah, I don't want to see any classics destroyed either, but there are some now and then that are just too far gone and if the owner is willing to give it to the scrapper, then may as well let her go out in glory. Call me Dr. Death. Think of it as extreme wheeling. Lots of guys beat the holy hell out of their rigs, but they keep them running.

I'm not religious, so don't bother me with your story book tales.;)

Delancy, Just has to have the chassis and axles. All other parts need to be gone. I'd prefer a drive train so I don't have to spend too much to get it up to snuff.

Lambcrusher, I'll let you have first dibs on anything that comes my way, just in case.

Last edited:
Delancy, Just has to have the chassis and axles. All other parts need to be gone. I'd prefer a drive train so I don't have to spend too much to get it up to snuff.

My apologies for the confusion, but my statement was regarding the Pig rescue operation.

I have consternated for a solid month about chopping up one to save another, so purposeful destruction may be beyond my capabilities, even if they've no visible life left.

Not passing judgement, but there are plenty of other POS vehicles on the planet for derby, in my opinion, most better suited, considering the lack of structural integrity afforded by a Pig's rusty body.

I think a Pig would make a fine demolition mobile. Maybe just take an old rock-crawler and enter. Exo-cage and routine rock armor like angle iron rockers and C-channel bumpers. Heck, why not just borrow BKCruiser's? He'd never notice a few new dents.
But I think the straight six would be better than a v8, less prone to overheating if the radiator is damaged.

Nothing is ever popular by all and I understand the dislike. I shall speak of this no more, but I just can't see a jeep doing this as they would never take the initial hit... While I love my landcruiser, I am also one who could just as easily have a blast running it into several other lesser vehicles. I thought of this because the pig is such a tank! I'm down in Brazil working deep in the Amazon jungle and missing my cruiser so much, that I've thought better of my 'sinfull' thoughts.

Cheers all. I'll let you know if I build up a jeep but it's unlikely. I want to SURVIVE the demo derby.
;)

i understand where your coming from, and the condition of the rig you'd be using, i think it would be cool

i understand where your coming from, and the condition of the rig you'd be using, i think it would be cool

I agree. I had a parts pig that eventually got cut up and scrapped. Demo derby would have been more fun

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom