Dark Gray Roll Bar Factory Color Code ?? (1 Viewer)

Hey y'all :

Do any of us here know of the actual color code of the 79-84 dark, bluish-gray roll bar ?

I'm aware of a Toyota Gray (T450), but am believing T450 is the lighter gray used on the wheels & seat frames. The roll bar is significantly darker (as shown here, below).

I'm also aware that Rustoleum has a rattle-can spray paint of Dark Gray, which is glossy. But although it's close, that also is not it (is not the industrial bluish hue of the roll bar - and is not a durable paint, even with a clear coat over it. It'll easily scratch & will fade from the UV of the sun).

Does anyone know ? . . . Or has anyone been successful in very closely reproducing the OEM roll bar color with a heavy-duty, industrial-grade coating ??

As a side benefit, if I & we can learn of the actual color code, we'll make it more easily searchable here, on this board - as lots of us peeps R champin' at the bit 2 kno.

However, If no one knows, I suppose it'll therefore be best to take the bluish-gray T450 & add a few ounces of black to it.

ayr.jpg

Thanks !!
~Skydogger

Last edited:

Jdc1

SILVER Star
Hey y'all :

Do any of us here know of the actual color code of the 79-84 dark, bluish-gray roll bar ?

I'm aware of a Toyota Gray (T450), but am believing T450 is the lighter gray used on the wheels & seat frames. The roll bar is significantly darker (as shown here, below).

I'm also aware that Rustoleum has a rattle-can spray paint of Dark Gray, which is glossy. But although it's close, that also is not it (is not the industrial bluish hue of the roll bar - and is not a durable paint, even with a clear coat over it. It'll easily scratch & will fade from the UV of the sun).

Does anyone know ? . . . Or has anyone been successful in very closely reproducing the OEM roll bar color with a heavy-duty, industrial-grade coating ??

As a side benefit, if I & we can learn of the actual color code, we'll make it more easily searchable here, on this board - as lots of us peeps R champin' at the bit 2 kno.

However, If no one knows, I suppose it'll therefore be best to take the bluish-gray T450 & add a few ounces of black to it.

View attachment 2002782

Thanks !!
~Skydogger

My painters matched to the window crank in our 72 and it looks pretty close.

4382E390-3555-4E5D-B882-048C668FE421.jpeg

My painters matched to the window crank in our 72 and it looks pretty close.

View attachment 2002815
@Jdc1 : your wheel does indeed look good. Really good ! (your Rustic Green looks awesomeness too)

The gray color of your wheen is more closely in line with the window crank, seat backing & seat structure, and perhaps other miscellaneous grays used throughout the vehicle. The gray on the roll bar on the 1979-84 - is different. It's significantly darker of a gray. . . . I'm searching to learn of the specific gray on the roll bar - which is unlike the other grays within the vehicle.

Appreciate your chiming-in though.
Thanks.

Jdc1

SILVER Star
@Jdc1 : your wheel does indeed look good. Really good ! (your Rustic Green looks awesomeness too)

The gray color of your wheen is more closely in line with the window crank, seat backing & seat structure, and perhaps other miscellaneous grays used throughout the vehicle. The gray on the roll bar on the 1979-84 - is different. It's significantly darker of a gray. . . . I'm searching to learn of the specific gray on the roll bar - which is unlike the other grays within the vehicle.

Appreciate your chiming-in though.
Thanks.

I’m seeing it now. I’ve been trying to teach myself how to see the details in the colors but unfortunately I think it’s a talent I’ll have to leave to the experts.

Jdc1

SILVER Star
I like that color. Correct for mine or not. Any chance you could provide the paint code info. I will try and get a powder coat color to match it.

Unfortunately there isn’t a formula, they mixed by hand. If you have an old style window crank it’s the same color as the plastic piece.

Are those your parts in the photo? If so, just have your local paint shop scan the seat back and mix you up the right color.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom