CruiserParts.net Scam Scam Scammers (1 Viewer)

Have you had a terrible experience at CruiserParts.net?

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Long story short.. I'm in the market for a bj73/4 window frame.. they have it.. but I prefer to park... my truck.. or pay extra.. than to risk dealing with them.. & it's a shame.. because I explained to them that.. for $15.00 your going to loose.. a $600.00 plus sale.. oh well I'll just take my business money elsewhere.. God bless America..

Long story short.. I'm in the market for a bj73/4 window frame.. they have it.. but I prefer to park... my truck.. or pay extra.. than to risk dealing with them.. & it's a shame.. because I explained to them that.. for $15.00 your going to loose.. a $600.00 plus sale.. oh well I'll just take my business money elsewhere.. God bless America..

The..double periods..after. every..word..makes your..post really..difficult to..read.

I just wanted to chime in and report these guys are still up to these same dirty tricks. The shop I am using to get the A/C in my LX450 fixed ordered a blend door actuator from cruiserparts. On their website they advertise having NEW OEM stock of this part. Once my shop ordered from them it took 9 days for the part to arrive. It was definitely not new, covered in RUST and was literally rolled in cardboard and wrapped up with packing tape. My shop tested the part and sure enough it was not functional. They are now in that situation where no one from cruiserparts is returning emails or calls. I STRONGLY recommend staying away from these guys. I also vote that they should be removed from the sponsor list. Very disappointed in them. I had hoped they had gotten their act together.

You guys are making me nervous! I ordered two fenders (FJ62) from them a few weeks ago, and they still haven't sent them. They say they are swamped and cant give me an estimated time. Wish they would have told me that when I ordered. They said about a week to pull and pack. I was very upfront with them, as I knew they have had some less than stellar feedback. Too bad I couldn't find fenders anywhere else. Ever have that weird feeling in your gut that you are going to get taken? I am starting to feel it.

After a few weeks of them telling me they were behind in getting the fenders pulled from the yard they admitted they didnt have the fenders and may have some coming soon. I cancelled the order. They never charged my card, and I was able to get in touch with them pretty easy. I understand they want a sale, and maybe they only had rusty stuff (glad they didnt send junk) , so I just moved on.

On another note, I had another place (MUD supporter) tell me they had some fenders but couldnt send me any pictures due to limited bandwidth??? WTF. Take a pic with your phone and text it!! I tried. Ended up buying repros from $OR.

Somebody else needs to get into this. 80's are starting to die off rapidly now. Sold them a box load of exterior trim some years back. Fender flares, etc.. Didn't get much. They probably flipped the stuff for 20X what they paid. Not exactly great with customer service, but if you have to have it there aren't that many options.

Most of the 40 series parts I had ordered from them look like they were unearthed from the bottom of the ocean.

Then there was the time they charged my card and sent a part when I was simply inquiring if they had it in stock.

They do have the parts you are looking for, but shipping is slow, the parts are poorly packaged, and often eaten up with rust. They are usually my last resort.

I purchased some 40 series decals from these guys (probably left over AATLAS ones) and they shipped promptly / what was received was what was ordered / advertised.

So...was looking for a OEM toyota coil for my 67 and they list the OEM as available (currently NLA from Toyota). Playing it safe-ish I call to have them 'put hands' on the part before I order. Talked to Ronnie (?) and after being on hold was told, yeah they have one...so I order. That was on the 5th and nothing since. Call them today to learn the part is on it's way from Japan and is not OEM (even though I purchased an OEM one from their site) since it is disco'd from Toyota - no s***. Was assured it is from the same manufacturer as the OEM and not some bobo ass brand I could pick up from AutoZone / Advance...I was tempted to just cancel but I'm curious to what comes in.

Why is it so hard for folks to advertise what they sell and communicate in an honest fashion? Ugh...I kinda feel better after venting!

It's not hard to honestly advertise and communicate. It's just not part of the bait-and-switch business model. Despite all the apologies and excuses, guys and companies like this continue to operate because some folks will accept being treated like morons and are easily preyed-upon. In addition/ or as a replacement to a "Bad Sellers" thread, there should be a hard and fast "Blacklist" of individuals and companies which no one should have dealings with. Then caveat emptor.

The question becomes, how many times do places like this have to be called-out before all business with them and advertising from them ceases?

I purchased some 40 series decals from these guys (probably left over AATLAS ones) and they shipped promptly / what was received was what was ordered / advertised.

So...was looking for a OEM toyota coil for my 67 and they list the OEM as available (currently NLA from Toyota). Playing it safe-ish I call to have them 'put hands' on the part before I order. Talked to Ronnie (?) and after being on hold was told, yeah they have one...so I order. That was on the 5th and nothing since. Call them today to learn the part is on it's way from Japan and is not OEM (even though I purchased an OEM one from their site) since it is disco'd from Toyota - no s***. Was assured it is from the same manufacturer as the OEM and not some bobo ass brand I could pick up from AutoZone / Advance...I was tempted to just cancel but I'm curious to what comes in.

Why is it so hard for folks to advertise what they sell and communicate in an honest fashion? Ugh...I kinda feel better after venting!

Part came in today. As I guess their rep would indicate, the OEM new Toyota coil #90919-02015 I ordered ended up to be some bobo ass brand coil that requires a resistor. This business sucks.

Shame on me for doing business with them.

I’ve bought some 3b parts from them in the last 6 months, they were helpful with finding parts. I was happy with the service they provided and would use them again.

Used part order -

Sent me a picture of the part prior to purchase as requested.
Ordered the part at a quoted shipped price. Fair price for a discontinued part(less than new)
Arrived timely

New part order -

Asked if the hubs were in stock - yes
Asked how they would be shipped - Priority mail
Based on you shipping it should be here by the end of the week - yes
Arrived as stated
Wrong Hubs does not fit - Called and talked with Cruiser parts people only to find no hub were ever made for my application.:( Bad info and part number given here on MUD.:(
Asked about returning after I tried to install - No problem if no damage and in original box. Per agreement I pay shipping and 25% restocking fee. Also per agreement no cash return only credit. I expressed I would probably never use the credit and they credited back my PayPal account. More than I asked for or agreed to.

I have no beef or problems with my 2 purchases

YMMV

I am in no way associated with Cruiser Parts net
They are my go to supplier for land cruiser parts. Here at landcruiserrestorations.com we are constantly needing hard to find parts.. I've ordered from them for years, a few wrong parts along the way but they always make it right. Craig is the lead while James is the owner. Good people.

I've been posting in the tread for a number of years now, and I have made a dozen purchases from them over the past 10 years, (some online and some in person), and I get that their customer service can leave a lot to be desired and can be frustrating. However, there is a difference between weak customer service and being a scam organization. IMO, scammers take the money and run and you never hear from them again. Yes, I have been scammed online, out of hundreds, if not thousands. Cruiser parts is not a scammer.

I've been posting in the tread for a number of years now, and I have made a dozen purchases from them over the past 10 years, (some online and some in person), and I get that their customer service can leave a lot to be desired and can be frustrating. However, there is a difference between weak customer service and being a scam organization. IMO, scammers take the money and run and you never hear from them again. Yes, I have been scammed online, out of hundreds, if not thousands. Cruiser parts is not a scammer.
Correct....they are just douchbags

Guys desperate to repair their vehicles are drawn to shoddy places like this when they can find no one else offering the parts they need at the time they need them. The title to this thread is incorrect--this place is not scamming anyone. They are screwing buyers.

Apparently reputation is meaningless to some buyers who continue to patronize this junkyard in the belief that terrible results won't happen to them, that it only happens to others less sophisticated. The only hope with a cautionary thread like this, is that careful buyers might look here and read their way thru the glowing comments and the terrible happenings, and make-up their own minds about whether to risk getting involved with this place. Do NOT expect CruiserParts.net to change their ways. They have a ready market for their BS and abuse.

Thousands of years ago the Romans knew about this problem and their saying was "Buyer beware".

Despite all the warnings it is sadly true that you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom