CruiserParts.net Scam Scam Scammers (1 Viewer)

Have you had a terrible experience at CruiserParts.net?

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi Mudders,
Just wanted to chime in and let everyone know that if they have an issue and one of my employees is to much of an idiot to handle your issue. Just send an email to sales@cruiserparts.net / In the subject line put "James please help on order number ******" tell me what you need fixed or taken care of and I will take care of it personally within 24 hours typically or give it to my assistant to get it done. We do hundreds of orders every week and yes the phone people get overwhelmed at times. If you place an order in our online shopping cart CruiserParts.net, Toyota Landcruiser Parts 90% of those orders typically leave here within 48 hours. Maybe 5% of those orders will leave within 72 hours and the remaining 5% will get back ordered or are more complicated and take longer to sort out. We have 14 employees working their hardest every single day. Please just be patient and they will take your order, service your order, answer your questions and hopefully be helpful! I am very sorry if anyone of you has experienced a failure in service in the past and if you did I would hope you will email me for help. Now with that said. If you are asking for a tracking number it will go to the shipping department to be sorted there and Keenan & Lukas currently in shipping spend over an hour of their day replying to status updates and tracking numbers. So, please be patient and you will hopefully get what you need in a timely manner. But for any problems. Just ask me to help.
As to wrong parts sent or parts that have failed out of warranty or other such issues. Just email me. We don't just leave people hanging. The problems people mention or you read about are a very tiny portion of the orders. When 100,000 orders are fine and the customers are happy and there are only 200 people upset. It is not a terrible ratio. With that said we don't want those 200 people upset either. They love to tell how unhappy they are or how we ripped them off. But some people are just not reasonable and we can't come to a resolution.

We buy plenty of rust free cruisers and we of course buy rusted ones. We import new parts every week from Japan. We buy out old stock all over the world and import stuff you can't get anymore. We have over 500 cruisers on site sitting outside obviously. But all of the good parts or parts that could get ruined are in the storage buildings dry and taken care of.

Hope this helps clarify a few things.

Your dedicated Land Cruiser parts supplier. Working all hours to get you your parts every day.
James - Founder CruiserParts LLC

PS: ih8mud responses probably will not get replied to. Due to being busy. But please email as stated above with any issues!

PPS: The lock actuator guy got taken care of. The 3 spd to 4 spd guy mentioned above UPS lost a box and it took 10 shipments because he had no idea what was missing. The guy in Canada with the window and pulley forgot to mention his parts were sitting in Canada waiting for him and he refused to pay taxes so they wouldn't deliver.

Last edited:
Hi Mudders,
Just wanted to chime in and let everyone know that if they have an issue and one of my employees is to much of an idiot to handle your issue. Just send an email to sales@cruiserparts.net / In the subject line put "James please help on order number ******" tell me what you need fixed or taken care of and I will take care of it personally within 24 hours typically or give it to my assistant to get it done. We do hundreds of orders every week and yes the phone people get overwhelmed at times. If you place an order in our online shopping cart CruiserParts.net, Toyota Landcruiser Parts 90% of those orders typically leave here within 48 hours. Maybe 5% of those orders will leave within 72 hours and the remaining 5% will get back ordered or are more complicated and take longer to sort out. We have 14 employees working their hardest every single day. Please just be patient and they will take your order, service your order, answer your questions and hopefully be helpful! I am very sorry if anyone of you has experienced a failure in service in the past and if you did I would hope you will email me for help. Now with that said. If you are asking for a tracking number it will go to the shipping department to be sorted there and Keenan & Lukas currently in shipping spend over an hour of their day replying to status updates and tracking numbers. So, please be patient and you will hopefully get what you need in a timely manner. But for any problems. Just ask me to help.
As to wrong parts sent or parts that have failed out of warranty or other such issues. Just email me. We don't just leave people hanging. The problems people mention or you read about are a very tiny portion of the orders. When 100,000 orders are fine and the customers are happy and there are only 200 people upset. It is not a terrible ratio. With that said we don't want those 200 people upset either. They love to tell how unhappy they are or how we ripped them off. But some people are just not reasonable and we can't come to a resolution.

We buy plenty of rust free cruisers and we of course buy rusted ones. We import new parts every week from Japan. We buy out old stock all over the world and import stuff you can't get anymore. We have over 500 cruisers on site sitting outside obviously. But all of the good parts or parts that could get ruined are in the storage buildings dry and taken care of.

Hope this helps clarify a few things.

Your dedicated Land Cruiser parts supplier. Working all hours to get you your parts every day.
James - Founder CruiserParts LLC

PS: ih8mud responses probably will not get replied to. Due to being busy. But please email as stated above with any issues!

PPS: The lock actuator guy got taken care of. The 3 spd to 4 spd guy mentioned above UPS lost a box and it took 10 shipments because he had no idea what was missing. The guy in Canada with the window and pulley forgot to mention his parts were sitting in Canada waiting for him and he refused to pay taxes so they wouldn't deliver.

Thank you for the reply above. I'm not trying to cause turmoil by anymean.... I'm just having a hard time understanding why in the past month, I've literally called everyday, no one has picked up...I want to give you money for a product your offer. Thanks!

.. I'm just having a hard time understanding why in the past month, I've literally called everyday, no one has picked up...

Your order number was going to be 100,001 or more, so to stay in the margins you got lucky and didn't even know it.

:cheers:

I have had dealings with CruiserParts.net in the past two years and wanted to relate the last transaction.

I did a power steering conversion on my '70 40. The original company which supplied the "kit" sent a beat up, wobbling balancer which I have returned. (They said it was damaged in transit or the installer damaged it. It would have to been dribbled down a concrete driveway to do that much damage.) So I purchased a new one from Auto Zone made my Pioneer in Australia. That one was out of balance enough that it vibrated the engine and I started a search for an original balancer. CruiserParts.net had one listed so I took a chance on it. It took several days (10) and two emails before I finally received an email with tracking information. It arrived yesterday and I took it to a machine shop to check for balance or wobbling. It checked out with just a little run out and the surface where the seal rides was very clean. I don't know how they removed it, the threaded holes for the puller were rusted and it shows no signs of impacts on the back from either a hammer or a drift. (The original supplier said they used a drift to remove theirs.) The latest one goes on today and I assume it will vibrate much less.

I have ordered a number of parts from Cruiserparts.net and have never had a glich. Just ordered (2) OEM front window interior felt moulding and received them in two days. They're good to me every time.

Last edited:
Placed an order on the 9th for some small parts for my 98...console cubby, grille emblem, door retainer clips and screw grommets and it's been crickets since the order as well as after an email on the 15th so I sent one this morning with the subject line as instructed above. I suppose those items landed in the 5% that don't go out, but a backorder notice would be nice if that were the case. Fingers crossed they're somehow on the way.

Update: They got back with me this afternoon and James got the package out. Good stuff. I've run two small businesses that grew nearly out of my control and know how things can get buried, so I say if you order from them don't feel bad about a follow-up email if you don't hear anything. Either way I'm glad they're a member of the site as they've had some obscure little things I've needed.

These guys Suck...

They advertised a new item and on their web site and sent a rusty piece of trash.. Waste of $17 bucks

I have ordered front bumper right side end cap and bumper stay from cruiser parts on Oct 6 2016 and today it's Oct 19 with no shipping update. No one is answering their phone. I have sent couple of emails to sales@cruiserparts.net but no reply. I opened case with Paypal. I no longer need their parts. I have ordered them from Amazon and eBay.

Ordered parts from them and was charged immediately. Over the next nine days I contacted them four times to ask why my parts hadn't shipped yet even though I'd paid for them, each time I was given a different answer. The woman with whom I spoke hung up on me once and was generally not what one would expect from someone in a customer service role! I needed the parts in a timely manner so on my fourth try I asked to cancel the order and placed it with a regular Toyota parts website (which actually ended up being cheaper...). I had to then contact them another six times before my funds were refunded, which also took another eight days. So 17 days, 10 points of contact to get no parts and my money refunded. I don't believe these guys are malicious or scammers, they just run a business that seems to be very poorly organized and have no idea how to manage their inventory. That said, I don't think I'll be giving my business again...

I don't care how big or small a business is. If they treat you like garbage, why would you want to give them your hard earned money? I am tired of people being so PC. I wouldn't trust them with my information. Who knows what they do with your CC information. I would ban them from this site if I was in charge of it. Businesses that are garbage should fail. Customer service is number 1 in every successful business. Fxxx those guys.

I've ordered from them for years and never had an issue. Maybe a little slow to return calls and e-mails, and I had to clean up the parts they sent, but everything arrived and was useable. That was about three years ago.

In the last month I have ordered several little trim pieces for my 100 series. Communication has been great, I ordered the wrong part, and they are taking care of the swap.

I ordered an O/D switch for my Auto gearstick , done on a Weekend evening and arrived in France 1 week later no worries.
It ashame to see other having difficulty, there seems to be no rhyme or reason to the bad service. Either bad process or bad employees or both... Hope they can resolve it, we need suppliers for our old birds....

Always use PayPal as payment method for this website because it's easy to open a case against them and get your money back without going through unattended phone calls to their customer service. Their customer service is actually customer torture service.

Ordered a couple of times from Australia, parts always arrive in good cond and quickly.

Hello,

I recently had an awful experience with cruiserparts.net. I purchased a fj62 steering wheel ($100), a Turbo graphic ($44) and two 24v turn signal bulbs ($8, overpriced IMO). First of all, it took them a week and a half to put my order together. Luckily I'm fairly patient..so no big deal.

The real problems arrived with my order. There was no Turbo graphic in the box (that I paid nearly $50 dollars for). I immediately sent them a email explaining my problem with my order number, and received no response. The next day I send them the same email, no response. The day after I send them a email, still no response.

Being fed up with their crap. I put "I'm calling the Sullivan, NH Police Department if you keep ignoring my emails" in the subject line. I told them I would be reporting them to the local police 12 p.m. my time if they did not send me the decal I HAD PAID FOR.
This made them respond IMMEDIATELY. The owner (I presume), Corey, said that the decal was "tricky to source" and not in stock, and was being drop shipped from another location. He also apologized in the message. This was Tuesday, and so I guess I'll be waiting till after the New Year for my order. IT SHOULD NOT TAKE THREATENING A COMPANY WITH LEGAL ACTION TO ACT HONESTLY. I sometimes seriously worry about the way the majority of people conduct business in the United States in 2016.

In short, I will be avoiding Cruiserparts.net for all my future orders and I am going to file a complaint with the BBB, and I encourage others to do the same. I am only relieved that I am not alone in my issues with these cons. This all could have been avoided with proper communication.

PS: The steering wheel I received was rusty..this was not mentioned in the add. Also, since I ordered it directly off the product listing without opening the product page, I didn't see the text that said it didn't include the horn pad! - my issues, but WTF, if you're selling something as a steering wheel, and I'm giving you over $200 for my order, it should include the rest of the dang thing IMO.

Regards

Worst experience ever. Ordered a few times there and everything went fine until I bought them a tailgate with a new paint. Was supposed to take 2 weeks to prepare the tailgate with the new paint and it took 5 weeks instead. Received the tailgate all damaged and missing clear everywhere, called them back and they said they could only refund me $100 to cover up the damages. I said it doesn't make sense, it will cost me $300 to get everything fixed and regardless of the damages, there is clear missing everywhere and the tailgate still needs to be resprayed. They didn't bother and said it was the best they could do for me. I said I will open a claim through UPS and they said they would cancel the $100 refund lol. Since UPS was only 'negociating' between the 2 parties I finally decided to drop the claim and went through my credit card instead. Filled a dispute, got a full refund from them. I've sent them pictures and screenshots from our conversation by e-mail asking them politely to find a solution to this problem. Just got a simple reply telling me they could not do anything at all since I opened a case with UPS. I then said I would take legal actions and they said 'Go ahead.' That supervisor's name was Corey. I will always remember his arrogance and his voice tone.

When you type down 'cruiserparts' on Google this thread comes up like on the third result lol and Google reviews are far from beeing better than here. I even told them on the phone 'You guys scammed me and screwed me over big time' and they said 'Sorry you feel that way'. I don't understand how this kind of business can still operate.

Last edited:
These guys Suck...

They advertised a new item and on their web site and sent a rusty piece of trash.. Waste of $17 bucks

Most likely there was some fine print that said, "item pictured may differ from actual part."

When it comes to sourcing parts for these old LCs, it's best to do your homework and not assume.

I've never had an issue with @cruiserparts

I've ordered a few parts from them over the last few years. So far, so good. That said, I'll definitely let everyone know if my opinion changes..

It's a bummer to hear some of my Mud brothers have had negative experiences with Cruiserpart.net. I've too have ordered a few parts from them over the years and have had very good service.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom