Builds Classic Cruiser Giveaway #1 - 1978 FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey good eye! That's #HandsomeNick. He worked for a lot of years at Kindig so he was often on the TV Show.

Very cool..
That really makes me confident in the work going into this cruiser. Nick worked at a place that put out some phenomenal work, so that culture of top notch craftsmanship should be the umbrella that covers this build. Very nice!

Buying a t shirt, but the "go topless" shirt is only available in small.. Need a xl... :)

looking forward to this build...

Very cool..
That really makes me confident in the work going into this cruiser. Nick worked at a place that put out some phenomenal work, so that culture of top notch craftsmanship should be the umbrella that covers this build. Very nice!

Buying a t shirt, but the "go topless" shirt is only available in small.. Need a xl... :)

looking forward to this build...

Nick is the epitome of perfectionist. That's why I love working with him. We actually first met when he was working at Kindig and I had him do some custom electrical work to our old FJ Cruiser and it was awesome work. So much so I had him to a mini-resto job on our beloved FJ60 that my dad bought new in 1984 and I now own.

Take a look at the company doing the interior for us. It's next-level stuff, and they do a lot of the interior work for Kindig/Bitchin Rides. The interior alone is going to blow peoples minds! haha. @JSCustomInterior

BTW the "Go Topless" shirt comes in every size from S-3XL. There's a little box to change the size of the shirt just above the "ADD TO CART" button. Thank you for your support!!

ENTRY QTY - GO TOPLESS.png

Don't worry, we have a NPN option that can be found in our Giveaway Rules section of the website. (Click the "Giveaway Rules" section in the header of our home page)

We didn't enter into this on a whim. It's something we have been building towards for over a year and our lawyers wrote up our rules and everything so it's legit.

Thanks for lookin out, and thanks for checking out our thread!

For anyone interested in the "NPN option"...

"3- To enter without purchase, hand write the following: print your name, address, city, state, zip/postal code, e-mail address, telephone number and date of birth on an individual 4in x 6in postcard and mail to: “Cruiser Gear Shop Sweepstakes 1974 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40 Legend, 890 South 1600 West, Provo Utah 84601”. If enty(s) are mailed in an envelope, all of those entries will be void. All mail-in entries must be postmarked by 4/20/19 and received no later than 4/22/19. Sponsor is not liable for postage fees for any mail-in entries. Eligible postcards will earn the entrant one (1) Sweepstakes entry. There is no limit to the amount of eligible mail-in entries received. No photocopies, facsimiles or reproductions of mail-entries will be accepted. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, damaged, stolen, incomplete, illegible, or misdirected entries. "

Yes, you could always use that option to get 1 entry. It is prominently written in caps at the top of our Giveaway Rules that you don't have to purchase anything to enter.

OR, you could treat yourself to a premium quality t-shirt made by Land Cruiser enthusiasts, for Land Cruiser enthusiasts, get warm and fuzzies from supporting 2 small businesses, and at the same time get 5 entries ;)

But either way will get you entered to win!

PS: @John in Utah, come stop by the shop sometime!

Last edited:
Sneak peek of one of the 4 paint color options that will be up for vote very soon! Make sure to follow @CruiserGear and @Legend_4x4 on instagram to cast your votes!

IMG_4967.JPG

Not sure why the iPhone decided to blur out AFI's phone number lol. In case anybody needs some excellent paint work done in Utah:
(801) 990-7360

Last edited:
Sneak peek of our upcoming paint color poll! It will be a bracket style of two colors head to head, with the winner of each round moving on to the final voting! So excited! It will likely happen tomorrow so make sure you're checking our instagram so you can voice your picks!

IMG_5122.jpg

Shoutout to
AFI for painting these 1:10 lexan 40's for us to use as visuals for the poll!

Last edited:
Sneak peek of our upcoming paint color poll! It will be a bracket style of two colors head to head, with the winner of each round moving on to the final voting! So excited! It will likely happen tomorrow so make sure you're checking our instagram so you can voice your picks!

View attachment 1772291
Shoutout to
AFI for painting these 1:10 lexan 40's for us to use as visuals for the poll!

Cmon man... You HAVE to add 653 Olive to that mix. It would win hands DOWN! :)

Depends on the shirt. Which one are you looking at? I'll see if we have any.

Ended up ordering two others but I like the dark grey or black( can’t recall) FJ43 shirt. XL since they fit slim. I also second more black shirts. Mikkelsen is the last name on the order I placed yesterday. If you have one let me know if we have a chance to combine it with that order.

Ended up ordering two others but I like the dark grey or black( can’t recall) FJ43 shirt. XL since they fit slim. I also second more black shirts. Mikkelsen is the last name on the order I placed yesterday. If you have one let me know if we have a chance to combine it with that order.
Hey sorry i just saw this! But that FJ43 shirt right now we only have S and 3XL haha. We are gonna reprint the common sizes very soon though so keep an eye out! Thanks for your order!

Hello fellow Cruiser Heads! Just a quick update for ya today. Our paint color polls have ended. We did it bracket style since there were 4 options.

Round 1:
Sky Blue vs Cement
Winner: Cement!

Spring Green vs Dune Beige
Winner: Dune Beige!

Round 2:
Cement vs Dune Beige

and the winner is.........

paint resultsArtboard 1.png

CEMENT GREY! 54% to 46%
The masses has spoken so we are gonna get cracking. We should have some progress shots of stripping things down early next week!

Remember every $5 spent during the build gets your name entered to win this 40! Check out our new products! Including these awesome new
shirts and laser etched tumblers!

ENTRY QTY TEQ PARTS SHIRT@2x.png

ENTRY QTYTEQ@2x.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom