Cruiser 100 Series - Family Overland (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Bud

Threads
We have a family of 5. Age range 40 yrs old to 5 months old. With our three kids things get crazy and cluttered in the cab and thus start to drive the driver crazy. Hence the need for Organization.
I'm not the best builder but I do enjoy it. With these incentives I hit the shop, as time allows, to create the things that help us to get outside, be simple, and not go crazy.

Go Outside...Not crazy.

20151128_161645.jpg

20180106_155649-01.jpeg

Last edited:
In pursuit of Organization I recently built a 'modular' divider for our Cruiser. Thought someone might enjoy the inspiration as I did with a lot of other folks and their rigs.

The concept started with our 85lb. Black Lab who hates to be left behind. It was evident when our gear was loaded and that he effectively occupied 1/3 of the cargo space by the simple fact that nothing could be stacked above, or in such a way that it would roll over and land on him. We did strap the load down but were still wasting considerable space because it could not be packed in around him.

Our other challenge was that with 5 of us occupying the front two rows, we occasionally need to use the jump seats for our young relations that enjoy adventuring with us.

So with those parameters in play we developed the following features into the desighn:

1. Removable for full cargo space or left Jump Seat (About 5min.)
2. Modular
3. Right Jump Seat usable with divider installed
4. Mid row seats able to recline
5. L-Track system can be utilized for tie-downs when divider not in use
6. Canine Kennel with storage below
7. Wing window used for Canine Air

I used Baltic Birch in 3/4" for this prototype. As with many of us, we build and then rethink the design. I am planning on replacing the panels with 1/2" HDPE in Marine Gray in about 6 months after we have a chance to use it and discover the flaws along with epiphanies for refinement.

Hope this is inspirational to a fellow traveler, or better yet, someone has a superior design that will help us develop ours.

Cheers!

20160203_132712.jpg
20160203_132721.jpg
20160203_132733.jpg
20160203_132741.jpg
20160208_113935.jpg

looks good

So....when do you start selling them? (we have a lab too, and this would be awesome).

Reactions: Bud
Thanks for the compliments. If you have any suggestions for improvements please let me know.

I would happy to build one for you CharlieS. Like I said in the original post, we need to use it for a few months and get the wrinkles worked out.

Do you have any lift? Love the snorkel..whole thing looks factory.

No lift. BFG AT KO Tires (One size over stock) and locked up front w/ ARB and the rear with factory electric.

The plan is to wait and see how much weight is accumulated and then put a minimum of lift with the appropriate coil weight rating. I am a big believer in 'LCG' (Low Center of Gravity). I grew up with a lot of old school wheelers who still scratch their heads at big lifts. They ran stock Flatfenders and FJs up what most of us would want 35s on. Finesse is the key in my mind.

Sure! I will post some photos later today.

Thank you Yotasavg! I'm just glad I have some content to share. I have been enjoying the inspiration on this forum since the late 90's when I had my '77 Scout II. I just hoped to carry the flag a bit myself and reciprocate.

I didn't get a chance to pull the Cruiser out yesterday and snap photos when I got home. I currently have the doors tore apart attempting to service the slow windows and occational sticky switch issues. I should have some time today in between visiting customers to post a few photos.

It's not a fancy rig but we enjoy it's capabilities and comforts very much. My 5 year old daughter is personally enjoying the K-9 Loft/Gear Divider (don't know exactly what to call it) as her own personal bunk bed. Somebody wins from that project.

Time is a precious commodity...sorry for the delay with the photos.

You will notice the missing quarter panel trim molding. Does anyone know where the clips can be purchased for the trim? I am unfamiliar with this type of clip.

20160211_143340.jpg

20160211_143340.jpg
20160211_143353.jpg

20160211_143428.jpg

Somehow the page glitched and as you know I am unable to edit posts. Sorry for the photo issues.

They are just in the way for now...as are the bumpers and current mudflaps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom