Covid-19 thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If you’re interested in exploring your rights as a US citizen, let me know or send me a message.
60629C4C-52E6-47A5-97E6-81482888E1BA.jpeg
There are about 7000 of us York countians who have formed a group to do just that...

@BROKEROB1 ... I did attempt to educate myself on the situation. Checking news reports and newspaper articles on Monday about the opening. I do not know Themi personally. I was supposing that someone with his influence and real estate holdings locally would not, especially if consulting his attorney, just make a snap decision to open without first getting a feeler out to the DA's office to check on possible enforcement or fines. I will not make that supposition again. You are correct, I should not speak on what I do not know.

I am surprised to see that other diners or full service restaurants have not followed suit and opened as well. Once it's seen that there is no enforcement, can't anyone open any business?

We closed for 2 weeks, then opened following the guidelines and making ~40% of normal revenue. Many of my staff are on full or partial unemployment as well. Our store looks like it's in a 3rd world country right now, tables pushed aside, chairs stacked up, cold cases empty and unplugged, limited staff, limited hours and limited menu. It's not great by any stretch and I'm really not sure if we will survive long term.

I can fully respect every person's frustration and stress if they are not able to earn a living and provide for themselves and families. I know that stress and frustration is amplified greatly if you are the business owner. I just thought following the rules on this was important, but that is just MY opinion and I am not a healthcare professional nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn last night.

I wish all of us to get through this as quickly and safely as possible.

FIL, who is in one of nursing homes in lebanon that has had a few cases off and on, has been diagnosed as positive for it this morning.
hes older...mid 70s-ish, not terrible health wise, but had a pretty bad stroke 20 couple years ago that disabled him by about roughly 40-45%.

Finally chiming in here. I've been an ER nurse for 13 years so no break and the people who were coming in with this disease are among some of the sickest I've witnessed. So far, I have lost 2 friends to this. They were brothers, died from Covid about a month apart. Huge kick in the nuts for all that knew them... People who were normally grounded, solid people have begun to show issues from the social distancing (getting better as we open up). No more beard (8 years with it attached to my face) because I have to wear and reuse my n-95 mask. On the plus side, the stores have plenty of Life-Savers breath mints which helps to offset the smell of dehydrated coffee breath.

All said, my little family has come through this with no major issues aside from getting a little grumpy towards one another.

Hope you're all well

Hey Vince... I was telling my wife the other day how you mentioned how well your community weathered the 1918 flu. How has it done this time around?

Were they wearing masks and practicing safe procedures?
I bet not. I can imagine they feelt isolated and safe. Church services are probably still taking place. Under a false sense of security.

This dosent care who you are or what your faith is.

The best thing is to limit your exposure and not cave to being in close contact with anyone you don't live with. Including loved ones.

Were they wearing masks and practicing safe procedures?

Same as everyone else - some are and some are not - probably erring more toward not.

One thing to keep in mind with the Amish is that their older generation is not in retirement homes. I think these people are probably the most vulnerable.

Hey Vince... I was telling my wife the other day how you mentioned how well your community weathered the 1918 flu. How has it done this time around?

To date, there have been zero cases of the virus among the 1200 residents. At the very start, 2 employees among the 1500 tested positive but went into quarantine and the disease didn't progress. We've achieved zero cases by limiting campus (1,000 acres) access to just employees and approved contractors (two quit/were fired for refusal to wear masks), no kids, no friends, nobody comes on campus. Meals are delivered to our living quarters (no cost until the end of June, unclear what the policy will be after), prescriptions, packages, occasional flowers, etc. all delivered. Everyone wears masks. No clubs, shows, gatherings, etc. There are 10 miles of trails to walk around as spring has progressed. Our daughter delivers extra groceries and treats to Security at the main gate and they bring it to us. So we've been luck thus far and I'm grateful. But I REALLY miss wheeling.

:meh:

I’ve had about a half dozen rollovers just in the last two days with my new cruzer. Thankfully no one got hurt and minimal damage. I may have strained my forefinger a bit. Headed for the body shop this weekend.. i’m Grateful everyone has fared well through this covid 19 thing. My family, ( I’ve a pair of in-laws, 92&89 that are doing extraordinarily well.) has gotten through this past 3 months— stay safe, be good do good. As Spike Lee would say: Do The Right Thing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom