Covid-19 thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

19 spare tires ... there is another set of 4 behind these
View attachment 2280940

I have you beat, I have 30 wheel and tire combinations, I have 3 set of (4) 4Runner stock size spares, One spare set for the Lexus, and 1 spare set from the matrix. Then I one off road set from the brown 4runner. Then I have 4 spare tires for the 4Runner in various sizes and one spare tire for the Lexus.

I will be breaking them all down soon since I can get $$$ for the wheels. I might try to sell some but most are useless really...

#tiregang

I thought 19 was excessive. Pretty bad when you have summer tires and rims for the wife's Volvo SUV.

I seem to spend a few hours in the shed every day and somehow not much progress seems to be happening. I keep getting sidetracked by other small things or spending way to much time planning the layout.

#tiregang

I thought 19 was excessive. Pretty bad when you have summer tires and rims for the wife's Volvo SUV.

Again I have you beat lol, I have tires and rims for a car I don't even have anymore, the Matrix, which doesn't fit anything else because the Matrix is 5x100

Well I’m back to work staring Monday. PPP has kicked in. We will be doing 4 day work weeks to help keep our distance. We don’t have the work load to support all of there, but the way I understand it is basically using the funding to have us at work vs collecting unemployment. Just in time as today I’m wrapping up the last small project around the house. Had some other stuff I wanted to accomplish but it’s outside work, and the weather hasn’t cooperated enough to make that feasible yet.

I bought a quarter of a cow today! No idea what will happen with meat and if it will go the way of TP, seems like a good idea and makes my wife feel a little safer...

Talked to a farmer who is having a hard time selling his stock and refuses to take half of the normal price. It seems no one is buying beef!

I bought a quarter of a cow today! No idea what will happen with meat and if it will go the way of TP, seems like a good idea and makes my wife feel a little safer...

Talked to a farmer who is having a hard time selling his stock and refuses to take half of the normal price. It seems no one is buying beef!

We are heading to our butcher in the morning to stock up, our supplies have dwindled since this all started and with more and more plants shutting down it will be the TP all over again....

Reactions: caz

She is doing pretty well. Some insomnia and stomach issues persist, but otherwise great!

To our knowledge, the rest of us never got it.

Glad to hear things are getting better! I had an almost surreal experience today - I went to the grocery store, and got everything on my list in one place, for the first time in months. I was really expecting there to be meat shortages given the media lately, but I actually found some steak and chicken...TP and paper products were still MIA but I’m in good shape on that front.

I’ve heard of a couple places near me selling off half cows. It’s insane to me, that farmers are being forced to just dump stock because the processing plants are too understaffed to take it. The cool thing is it’s pushing toward the “old way” of doing things - buying your produce from local, small farms directly. I’m sure convenience will win out when this is all over, but I kind of hope some aspects of this quarantine stick with us.

I've been enjoying the low traffic. This week has started to pick up. I'm not sure why.

This tells me exactly how badly we need to stop building houses and start building roads.

Lucky in the meat dept ... stocked up just before all this started and can buy through the restaurant vendors so things are more cost effective. Was able to find fillets, ribs and chicken breasts all pre-portioned and individually vac sealed since that how many restaurants use them. I wouldn't be opposed to a side of beef either though, I process deer every year so it must be similar.

How to jack up a perfectly good Thursday beer buzz .... saw lights and hearing the backup beeping, then watched as she started driving off the driveway into the yard and I'm out the front door holding a beer yelling "STOP" at the top of my lungs like a nut.
20200430_183538[1].jpg

.... and now she's stuck. Credit given to her for remembering her training and knowing they had traction mats to use. Points off for not using them well and I was not going to ruin a nice pair of sneakers getting all muddy for this BS.
20200430_183757[1].jpg

At least she missed the pole light. Had to get the truck, strap her up and pull her out. Asked my kid to get one photo and for no reason at all he went full ricer on it. Maybe he can get a side hustle taking pics for a JDM Mag? I'm still giving him crap about this.
Resized_Snapchat-769136072[1].jpeg

The aftermath ... ugh. Spent some time getting a claim open for this today with amazon. Truth be told I would be fine with trading free Prime service for some years, but regardless, it needs to be fixed.
20200501_095908[1].jpg

20200501_095848[1].jpg

Had my neighbor not come out to direct her which way to turn the wheel as I pulled her out, she would have crossed his driveway and went off into the woods.

My days are never simple or boring it seems. Just as an added kick in the nuts, my favorite Dogfish Head beer is discontinued for 2020. Man this year sucks.

Lucky in the meat dept ... stocked up just before all this started and can buy through the restaurant vendors so things are more cost effective. Was able to find fillets, ribs and chicken breasts all pre-portioned and individually vac sealed since that how many restaurants use them. I wouldn't be opposed to a side of beef either though, I process deer every year so it must be similar.

How to jack up a perfectly good Thursday beer buzz .... saw lights and hearing the backup beeping, then watched as she started driving off the driveway into the yard and I'm out the front door holding a beer yelling "STOP" at the top of my lungs like a nut.
View attachment 2291669

.... and now she's stuck. Credit given to her for remembering her training and knowing they had traction mats to use. Points off for not using them well and I was not going to ruin a nice pair of sneakers getting all muddy for this BS.
View attachment 2291670

At least she missed the pole light. Had to get the truck, strap her up and pull her out. Asked my kid to get one photo and for no reason at all he went full ricer on it. Maybe he can get a side hustle taking pics for a JDM Mag? I'm still giving him crap about this.
View attachment 2291673

The aftermath ... ugh. Spent some time getting a claim open for this today with amazon. Truth be told I would be fine with trading free Prime service for some years, but regardless, it needs to be fixed.
View attachment 2291671

View attachment 2291672

Had my neighbor not come out to direct her which way to turn the wheel as I pulled her out, she would have crossed his driveway and went off into the woods.

My days are never simple or boring it seems. Just as an added kick in the nuts, my favorite Dogfish Head beer is discontinued for 2020. Man this year sucks.

I had read that restaurant vendors were having trouble selling their goods since so many restaurants are closed.

Do you know if any of these vendors willing to sell to the general pop yet? I know I'd be down to purchase.

Most vendors will require a tax-id and usually there is an application process. Meats they will just keep frozen ... it's the produce and eggs and such they will have issues with. I will reach out to my vendors and see what they say.

View attachment 2291669

View attachment 2291670

View attachment 2291673

View attachment 2291671

View attachment 2291672

Let us know how the claim works out. I went through this with Amazon and came up empty in the end.

I wouldn't bother with a claim. The driver made a mistake. Be happy you can still get sh!t delivered to your home.

Send your kid out with a rake, and some seed. When he's done, he can take an oddly angled photo of his work!

Drive off the sides a little ... I'm pissed, but it happens a lot, so no big deal. Almost run over my pole light and park your van in my front yard, then interrupt drinks with the wife to pull you out of the yard in the rain ... nah, Amazon can fix the yard.

I hate yard work and am weary of spending my time to not inconvenience others for their actions. I love Prime service and will continue to use it, but I pay a fee for it and part of that service is proper delivery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom