Covid-19 thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Fortunately, your niece understands the issues. Too many do not.

I had a college-age guy tell me he didn't think some old people in nursing homes dying should affect him going to college. He didn't care if he got COVID - he was sure he'd survive it. My reply was "What about your professors, parents, grandparents, and others who aren't so young and robust that you come in contact with that won't be so lucky?" He didn't have a reply for that...

Exactly my point. I think maybe it's they don't care and not enough warnings from health officials on how their complacency can harm others. I would like to see commercials from the CDC or other Govt. and local health organization constantly on TV, I haven't seen one yet. Put bumper ads on Youtube, broadcast, and other streaming services. But I haven't seen anything. I guess it's wishful thinking.

I've been hearing one on the radio - not sure exactly from whom - that stresses the "protect others" aspect of it.

Definitely an upsurge in cases...

Neighbor's mother tested positive, ended up hospitalized, and died of it.
Local friends' son brought it home from college - husband, daughter, and son ended up all testing positive, but with minimal symptoms and have recovered.
Two mid-west friends caught it - late middle age, pretty serious - about as bad as it could be without being hospitalized, slowly recovering.
Florida Uncle and cousin's Massachusetts granddaughter tested positive after a family gathering. Minimal symptoms.
Most of what I'm hearing fits into the "minimal symptoms" category, but I'm also seeing some more serious cases.

Had an Amazon delivery this morning, maybe vaccine coolers in the van?

1607955270922.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom