Clutch issue question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok so I have installed new master clutch res (not because of this reason), and bled it, and then vacuum bled it after I started running into this problem thinking there was a little air in it or something. So what's happening is that when I get to a stop light and shift into neutral and sit with it in neutral for a minute or whatever the time is - When its time to go shifting from neutral to first is extremely hard (I felt like im starting to bend the damn shifter - I actually have to slam it in 2nd and then slam it to first from second - lately I've just left it in second). BUTTTT, I've also just noticed that when im coming to stop lights or any prolonged stop (non-CA rolling stop :)) if I immediately shift it to first as im rolling to the stop and Not sit with it in neutral, rather sit with it in first, there's no issues I can notice.

can someone tell me whats going on here...my idle is at a point where it keeps my engine running but if I sit with the car in first I feel like it idles high and I hate sitting for 2 minutes listening to the engine work hard, when I can just sit with it in neutral and it sounds normal sitting at a stop.

dont want it to stick - what can I try? is there air in there? when I use vacuum sucker to suck the fluid through I see little tiny tiny bubbles I just assumed that was from the suction at connection point, maybe not. just frustrating me.

Last edited:
What about pedal / clutch fork free play?

meaning when I put it back together maybe it altered the play? - okay i'll check on that, thought it was good when I put it all back together after new res...if there is too much play it wouldn't pump enough fluid in? and not engage clutch enough when pushed by foot?

Sounds to me like your not getting the clutch fully disengaged for easy shift ???- - -per Brians comment above.

Did you bench-bleed you MC after the reservoir change?

Sounds to me like your not getting the clutch fully disengaged for easy shift ???- - -per Brians comment above.

hmmm not fully DISengaging huh? - explain that one a little further too. why would sitting in neutral before trying to get back into first be an issue but rolling to the stop and just going straight down to first and sitting in first - no issues...?

If you turn off the engine can you get it to shift into gear?
Crawl underneath (engine off, duh). Have someone push in clutch. Watch slave to see if it is moving back in...

will do that
If you turn off the engine can you get it to shift into gear?
Crawl underneath (engine off, duh). Have someone push in clutch. Watch slave to see if it is moving back in...
- probably needs a little adj. but yes can switch gears with engine off

Have you tried to pump the clutch (like pumping the breaks), if that fixes it then the cup in the master or slave may be bypassing some fluid.

Dyno

Try taking slave off, pushing rod all the way in to slave, remount and adjust the rod

3 or 4 spd tranny?

How is it possible my clutch rod is popping through the eye hole - wtf

and what do I do add a washer? My car is in front of a randoms house so

3D374AC8-E6AC-479C-8C9C-5148E58E3FE8.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom