cheap rear cargo mat (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Horse stall mat from tractor supply makes an excellent rear cargo mat for only. $23.99
It's roughly 3/4" thick and appears to be made from recycled rubber so a sharp utility knife helps. I ended up trimming on two sides for a snug fit. It doesn't hold moisture and helps with noise. It is skid resistant as well. Best $24 I have spent. I still need to clearance a bit on the two body mount bolts for it to lay flat on the front.

IMAG1552.jpg

IMAG1553.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing tips like this. I am heading to TS tomorrow and will check it out.

Those buggers are heavy and do not stand any petroleum products at all. We covered our entire Filing Room hear at the mill and after a while we got tired of tripping over bubbles wherever there was a little bit of oil dripped on them. Also we should have put more expansion joints in. They also make it in 1/2" thickness.

I have used pickup truck bed mats for the same purpose - fairly oil resistant, reinforced, and have nubbies on the back to let water evaporate.

Beware that while rubber mats don't absorb moisture, they don't let it pass through, either. After you wash your truck, prop up the back edge of the mat with hunks of 2x4 (or ice scrapers, or whatever) to let any trapped water evaporate. I always find that some car wash water has crept under my OEM factory mat and I would hate to have standing water sit on my floor for a week or two until it finally finds a way to dry.

I would not run a mat with the top off. I dont see a point then, and would be fearful of moisture accumulation.

But thank you for the warning. I have a 79+ body, so I was probably going to notch it around the seat mounts, so perhaps that will hold it in place better.

mine is held in place extremely well with a clearance fit so much that is probably water tight on the edges, although im not concerned about moisture since my cruiser is linexed on the interior so it already has an inpenetrable barrier between the mat and steel. It will absolutely not move unless possibly in a roll over in part because of the rough texture of the linex. I do not carry oil around in the back of my cruiser unless its in a sealed container so no worries there.

I use the industrial rubber floor mats found at home depot. They are 5x7 carpet type material on top. Less than $20. Made mats for the front with cut extra

I just grabbed a piece of the horse mat from TS. 10 min with a utility knife and I have a decent mat in the 40's bed. Well worth 20 bucks, but I will def need to keep my eye on any moisture that may get into the back. Great tip Roma

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom