floor mat for the tub (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was looking at different materials could be used as a floor mat for the tub.

I looked at the .5" horse stall mat.

Wondering what everyone else has used for this - if at all.

I used the thick rubber stall mat from Tractor supply. It has the round bosses on the bottom to keep it from trapping water. It was a 4'x6' mat that I was able to cut for the bed of my 40 and use the scraps to make floor mats for the driver and passenger sides. The only note I would make is that it is recycled rubber and can have steel in it which can make rust marks on your paint. Also, cut it with a utility knife. I tried a skill saw and it just burned and smoked me out of my shop.
1706125334641.png

I have the tractor supply mat in my 40 right now too. When I install my Aqualu tub I planned to get a Westin style bed mat with the embossed ribs (just for the look) and cutting that to size.
westin mat.png

Last edited:
I used a remnant piece of vinyl flooring from Home Depot. I made a piece for the back and front floor mats too.

1706126379026.png

I used the thick rubber stall mat from Tractor supply. It has the round bosses on the bottom to keep it from trapping water. It was a 4'x6' mat that I was able to cut for the bed of my 40 and use the scraps to make floor mats for the driver and passenger sides. The only note I would make is that it is recycled rubber and can have steel in it which can make rust marks on your paint. Also, cut it with a utility knife. I tried a skill saw and it just burned and smoked me out of my shop.
View attachment 3540990
I did the same in the rear. I cut some 2x12 material at an angle to make a flat surface where the tub dips down toward the seat mounts. That way the mat is flat all the way from the tailgate to the seat mounts. The biggest benefit is the added weight made the ride a little smoother. Threw a commercial type entry mat on top and it makes for a nice flat surface for the dog to ride in without her sliding on a slick hard paint surface.

I used this. It’s like stall mat material but more flexible because it’s thinner. Cut easily and can take it out and hose off mat and vacuum tub. Came with enough to make a rear cargo mat and front floormats.
Rubber King Fitness Mat - 4' x 6' x 3mm - A Premium Durable Low Odor Exercise Mat Indoor/Outdoor - Black https://a.co/d/atUo5F1

IMG_5089.jpeg
IMG_5090.jpeg
IMG_5092.jpeg

I figured any mat under all weather (open back) would eventually generate rust, so I went ahead with this:

red lc Mat.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom