CD Changer Removal Open Hole Cover (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I’d be in for one.

Spring loaded holster would be trick😉

Might be nice to repurpose the CD door as the cover. Unless the thief is over 60-yrs-old, they're not going to look beyond this for anything valuable ;)

Screen Shot 2022-05-02 at 3.52.30 PM.jpeg

Great thread! I’m down for testing if you still need some assistance 😬. I can also donate my changer to you if it’ll help with your prototype. Let me know and I’ll find some time to uninstall it.

Update:

@Formerjeeper (Shipped)
@MattAg06 (Shipped)
@Patassa (Shipped)
@xswl (Shipped)
@Hayesthebuilder (Shipped)
@elemenohpee (Shipped)

All testing prototypes are out today. I am looking forward to hearing back. Thanks, guys.
The candy was a nice touch... At first glance, the product feels stout. I've got some busy evenings ahead with work but I will try to get my CD changer removed to give this a go. Looking forward to it.

I just got mine and I immediately tested it out. It fits great! No issues with the depth or anything. It also fits perfectly with the coin tray/cover next to it which I thought might not work.

The only minor thing I noticed is that there's a small amount play side to side. I haven't measured it but I'd guess about 1-2mm. As-is, I think it might rattle a bit while driving but that could also be easily shimmed if it's not a perfect fit for everyone.

Thanks again @BenCC

console-1.jpeg

console-2.jpeg

console-3.jpeg

Pumped to get mine, I'm frequently needing more space without having to pull out the damn coin holder. It's the small upgrades that make me the most happy in my hundy.

I just got mine and I immediately tested it out. It fits great! No issues with the depth or anything. It also fits perfectly with the coin tray/cover next to it which I thought might not work.

The only minor thing I noticed is that there's a small amount play side to side. I haven't measured it but I'd guess about 1-2mm. As-is, I think it might rattle a bit while driving but that could also be easily shimmed if it's not a perfect fit for everyone.

Thanks again @BenCC

View attachment 3000376
View attachment 3000377
View attachment 3000378

This is great! I appreciate the feedback.

The rattle issue is noted. I will fine tune the tolerance.

Please also report if the bottom gets hot while long time driving.

If you can, please remove the bottom plate to see if there is any space under it.

Ditto. Very interested.

Would be nice to install some foam on the walls, make a little prison Fifi to hold your pez dispenser rattle-free.
I'm currently using pick and pluck foam in there to hold a few bits and bobs. Definitely liking the idea of the new setup from bencc.

lx_storage.jpg

Got mine today and dropped it in. Fitment seems pretty good, maybe a small amount of movement if I use a bit of force. Haven't gone out for a long drive yet, but depth seems good and the two "latches" do attach. Will check bottom temp and noise later this week.

Went to Costco and back today (about 20 mins away). Wasn't a long trip and it wasn't that warm today. I used an infrared thermometer and took out the storage bin. The bottom of the container measured 63F. After the trip, I took another reading and it was around 69F. Keep in mind my climate control was set at 70F. So seemingly no additional heat coming up from the center console. No noticeable noise at all, but only drove on paved roads.

If you can, please remove the bottom plate to see if there is any space under it.
What website I can buy this from? Please provide link. I need to remove my cd changer also. It is just sitting dormant there.

Still looking for testers?
I have a 2006 LX and a G19 and XD9 for fitment :)

I have a 3D printer too if that helps with testing

Put the insert in just long enough to drive my LC to the shop to get worked on Friday. Initial impressions is the fit is great, a slight amount of play backwards/forwards, but way less play than the coin holder. Seems like the depth is right on, takes full advantage of the space. I should get my hundy back this week and can let you know about the bottom plate if it gets hot or not. I have a long commute and it's already in the 90s where I live.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom