CD Changer Removal Open Hole Cover (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

YardPig

SILVER Star
Threads
I've searched...I seem to remember someone used a drop in insert from a Camry or....????
I left the open hole empty for a year and have since scored half a women's purse in contents. I need to close it off quick and easy.

Found the image on Mud, think of that CD changer missing, that's the hole that needs filled.

img_9350-1-jpg.1402851

Reactions: jbz
Can you post a picture of the hole? I'm interested in doing this as a well but am not sure how big of a void I'd have to deal with.

I think I saw a discussion where someone said there's an OEM insert you can use, originally included on the vehicles without the dvd changer (maybe European models?)....I can't remember or find it though. I'll keep looking.

EDIT:

Here's the post: Center console cubby retrofit - changer removal

there's a guy in the post 2003 delete that has an extra, if he still has it.
the console bins from early years fit fine.

Thanks, I was hoping to just find an insert for the one hole, not replace the whole inside. I like the stepped area's rather then one big void.

maybe just glue a rectangle of ABS on the bottom side.
Thanks, id like a lowered spot to put things in. I'm still on the mudsearch, I know there is a thread somewhere with a drop in insert used from another model, just can't find it!

Thanks, id like a lowered spot to put things in. I'm still on the mudsearch, I know there is a thread somewhere with a drop in insert used from another model, just can't find it!
This is a bump from what seems like ages ago. Any chance you ever found that drop in piece? I am very interested in removing the CD Changer and getting some more storage.

No I have not. I kind of forgot about it, last I found there is a Camry one that apparently fits. Was hoping @BenCC would offer one but last I heard he was taking some time off...

I just have a big empty hole. Lots of room, but the rear piece (panel with the rear cupholders) keeps popping out since all the interior framing is gone. :(

How does one do the testing, pay you for shipping and I try it out??
Shipping is on me. You only need to provide comments or critiques so I could revise the design. I would like to have 3-5 testers. Anyone tested the design will receive a final product for free too.

I'm in if another tester needed. Mine is a 2005 LC. Let me know what else you need from me.

Shipping is on me. You only need to provide comments or critiques so I could revise the design. I would like to have 3-5 testers. Anyone tested the design will receive a final product for free too.

Would love to test it and provide feedback.

I have a 06 LX and would be willing to test.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom