Carolina Relic Run 2019 - April 25-28 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Who is going Thursday?

Who is going Thursday?
The CLCC and Keystone folks are planning on it. Me, too, but still not sure of whether I’ll arrive from the south or the north.

Looking for someone to cook your dinner??? I’m grubbing on Subway that night! But...I got you Friday for breakfast and (light) dinner (so you can feast on the Trollhole banquet in the nocturnal hours)!

The CLCC and Keystone folks are planning on it. Me, too, but still not sure of whether I’ll arrive from the south or the north.

Looking for someone to cook your dinner??? I’m grubbing on Subway that night! But...I got you Friday for breakfast and (light) dinner (so you can feast on the Trollhole banquet in the nocturnal hours)!
Wanting to know what time to get off work.

I should be there Thursday around midday or early afternoon.

Hoping on a huge success for the event! I am between trips, coming back from WV Thursday and heading to LA Saturday. Will try to swing by and share hugs and kisses with all. And unlike some of you entitled whippersnappers, I don't drive a relic, but I AM a relic, rusty and all.

Just registered. Unfortunately, I'm leaving my Relic (FJ62) at home and bringing the 100. Excited for this event and to meet y'all.

Last edited:
@Green Hell Mustang I have the old relic standby Nikon FM ready to go with 5 rolls of B&W film to go along with the newer Nikon 5600 with no film but a freshly charged battery. I figured the old relic trucks needed a relic camera to capture their adventures.

DSCN0747.JPG

Hey folks.... some teaser updates on the prizes. Earlier today, I said there was almost $10,000 in prizes at this year's event, including the coveted 5 pack of your choice of BFG tires up to 37" - including the awesome new KM3s.....

Well, I misspoke. The total is now well above $10 grand and still growing. This little $500 beauty just surprised the UPS man at how heavy it was from our newest

GOLD sponsor:
Warn Industries

This Warn Industries Epic (TM) Winch Rigging Kit includes (2) 3/4 inch 18,000 pounds capacity shackles, 14,400 pounds capacity tree trunk protector, 12,000 pounds capacity snatch block, premium recovery strap, 3/4 inch D-shackles, pair of gloves and black
0001095_medium-duty-epic-recovery-kit.jpeg

Last edited:
If I’m planning to come up Friday night and stay for Saturday do I need to register? I’ll be driving my 97 lx so I won’t be in the actual run. Also will be eating my own food, but would like to purchase a shirt

I’ll be bringing my camera that I just spent about all my savings on and will be happy to share the pictures with everyone.

Edit: should have read the post, I’ll be signing up now!

Last edited:
@Green Hell Mustang I have the old relic standby Nikon FM ready to go with 5 rolls of B&W film to go along with the newer Nikon 5600 with no film but a freshly charged battery. I figured the old relic trucks needed a relic camera to capture their adventures.

View attachment 1954659
Love the old Nikon! There's still time to get some film.

HP5 is one of my favorites!

I used Ilford in the 70's and 80's when I took a lot of photos of my children. I took a photo course at GTCC and learned how to develop and print the photos I took. Ilford always came out with consistent results and the Kodak B&W film just seemed to lack something. I am looking forward to using a real film camera to see what kind of results I can come up with.

I have an idea that you could help with. When the trucks are lined up for the group shot, we need to somehow take individual photos of the trucks with their drivers. I'm sure some would want the photo for posterity sake. Interested?

I used Ilford in the 70's and 80's when I took a lot of photos of my children. I took a photo course at GTCC and learned how to develop and print the photos I took. Ilford always came out with consistent results and the Kodak B&W film just seemed to lack something. I am looking forward to using a real film camera to see what kind of results I can come up with.

I have an idea that you could help with. When the trucks are lined up for the group shot, we need to somehow take individual photos of the trucks with their drivers. I'm sure some would want the photo for posterity sake. Interested?
Let's do it. I think that would be a great idea. I won't have the girls with me Relic Run weekend, so I'll be able to do more of that sort of thing.

I expect I will not have my trailer ready to come Friday as planned and hope to arrive early Sat morning. I believe we might have time to plan this out to make it happen smoothly. 👍

The kids and I are planning to roll in Thursday evening. Looking forward to seeing everybody.

Any 79 series 4 door Ute owners coming to Relic? Just out of curiosity. No reason to ask.

Would anyone be willing to haul a front 3rd member from @Roxx from the Relic Run up to or close to Richmond, VA? Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom