Carolina Relic Run 2019 - April 25-28 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hmmm... such a stickler LOL. I have to look at my build date.

For the cutoff, it's model year, not build date.

Your truck might be special, but it's not a relic.

The Relic trail ride is on the easy trails anyway. Special trucks belong on the hard trails.:grinpimp:

Wait? Those were easy trails last year? Buster was nervous to hear about “the front side” of anything last time. I have to work Friday so it will be a late arrival. I was looking forward to the same camping spot as Logan’s.

Ok, i am going to start some crap! “ that is not a good way to start. Is it”

First post says build date 1990 or before. I also have a special truck and meet cut off manufacture date and model year. So, i should qualify as a relic. Of that will depends that i bust my ass fixing it or i just take another truck. Which i will have to bust my ass fixing it too.

Salud!! 🍹

The year cutoff was written specifically to exclude 80s as a "relic" (cause they're not).

The current event organizers will have to decide if they'll permit any form of 80 to be a "relic" and participate in the "relic run". As a participant and "relic" owner, I say keep it j7x and numerically lower body styles only.

What matters most is that you even attend! 80's and beyond are welcome to spectate, camp, ride the trails, etc.

For the uninitiated, the "Relic Run"-trail ride is simply groups of the vintage vehicles taking an early morning jaunt through the forest on the easy trails. It's an awesome spectacle to observe for the outsiders (and the insiders, too!)- seeing nothing but old school Land Cruisers, as barebones as they can get. After about an hour or two, most of them return to camp. From that point on, any Cruiser that passes inspection is free to mingle and ride with any relics who wish to run more trails (there will be many who do). Non-Relics are also free to go out in their own groups early Saturday, separate from the Relics.

Accordingly, non-Relics are also excluded from the group photo. Trust me...it's not something that's easy or fun to do anyway! Non-Relics can always come hang out and watch the photo activity.

What matters most is that you even attend! 80's and beyond are welcome to spectate, camp, ride the trails, etc.

For the uninitiated, the "Relic Run"-trail ride is simply groups of the vintage vehicles taking an early morning jaunt through the forest on the easy trails. It's an awesome spectacle to observe for the outsiders (and the insiders, too!)- seeing nothing but old school Land Cruisers, as barebones as they can get. After about an hour or two, most of them return to camp. From that point on, any Cruiser that passes inspection is free to mingle and ride with any relics who wish to run more trails (there will be many who do). Non-Relics are also free to go out in their own groups early Saturday, separate from the Relics.

Accordingly, non-Relics are also excluded from the group photo. Trust me...it's not something that's easy or fun to do anyway! Non-Relics can always come hang out and watch the photo activity.
Could not have said it better. Thank you sir

I'm a relic and I own two relics but what I really want to know is when registration will open. Just call me a cranky old man (I'm actually just asking for @shmukster).

Registration is live as of 30 seconds ago. PM/call/text me with registration process specific questions. Click the link below.

http://onsc4x4.com

Last edited:
Registered!

Registered. For anyone who's tracking shirt sizing, I would like one 2XL and two M shirts. I paid for two extra shirts. Looking forward to CRR. Sadly, the 55 won't be ready in time. We'll have to bring some other old junk.

Registered

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom