Builds Car souq pickup (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sometimes it’s the little things. OEM shift knob NLA. Mine is in great shape but was missing the cap. $12 order from City Racer and we’re like new.

DB2A35E3-7A18-482B-A502-C3E74273CCE9.jpeg

Anyone know if the spark plug gap on a 1FZ-F would be the same as a 1FZ-FE (0.8mm)? I don't have the owner's manual for my 70 and google and Mud search didn't return the answer. Seems reasonable since they run the same spark plug.

Anyone know if the spark plug gap on a 1FZ-F would be the same as a 1FZ-FE (0.8mm)? I don't have the owner's manual for my 70 and google and Mud search didn't return the answer. Seems reasonable since they run the same spark plug.

That's correct. They are the same spark plug with the same gap.

A much less important question for the experts; bordering on trivia. I noticed that my right front fender apron has a plastic piece screwed on to the very front whereas the left side does not. In fact, the left side doesn't even have the screw holes. Partsouq shows only a RH piece, part number 5371360030. When I take it off the aprons look more or less the same. Not sure what purpose it serves on the passenger side??

Reference diagram:

A much less important question for the experts; bordering on trivia. I noticed that my right front fender apron has a plastic piece screwed on to the very front whereas the left side does not. In fact, the left side doesn't even have the screw holes. Partsouq shows only a RH piece, part number 5371360030. When I take it off the aprons look more or less the same. Not sure what purpose it serves on the passenger side??

Reference diagram:

Well I don’t know what it is for but you helped me find where that piece goes. It must of not been important enough to take off because most of the good stuff was picked before I got the truck
Maybe it keeps crap out of the fender due to air intake coming from the inner fender?

Well I don’t know what it is for but you helped me find where that piece goes. It must of not been important enough to take off because most of the good stuff was picked before I got the truck
Maybe it keeps crap out of the fender due to air intake coming from the inner fender?

That's the only possible purpose I could think of. The LH fender would clearly take the mirror image piece if it had the two screw holes. I suppose that is because the two fender skirts are identical mirror images.

Reference diagram:

Hello,

It is a protector for the air intake.

The air box gets air from the RH fender. This part prevents dirt and water from entering into the air intake duct.

Some models have a cyclone in the intake duct, some do not. Depending on the model, the protector/cyclone combination helps to remove coarse dust and water from incoming air, thus making the air filter's job a little easier.

Juan

Last edited:
I occasionally see a 79 series with a custom desert camping set up on the back. I never got close enough to one to inspect it in person but after looking at this video I’m tempted to explore them a bit further. Warning, it’s not a Toyota.

More little things.....new fender skirts!
Hey WDE, would you mind posting a couple more photos of the fender skirts please? And if you have the part numbers handy, I'd appreciate. I looked here without success for the part numbers. Thanks!

Hey WDE, would you mind posting a couple more photos of the fender skirts please? And if you have the part numbers handy, I'd appreciate. I looked here without success for the part numbers. Thanks!

Wrong diagram. Try here: ToyoDIY.com

53736-60040 and 53737-60040

Wrong diagram. Try here: ToyoDIY.com

53736-60040 and 53737-60040
Thanks! I've sent the part numbers off to my parts guy. Do you mind telling what the cost was for them there in the KSA? My guy most likely will get them from Oman.

Thanks! I've sent the part numbers off to my parts guy. Do you mind telling what the cost was for them there in the KSA? My guy most likely will get them from Oman.

I buy everything for the most part through Partsouq.com out of Dubai.

25373660040SEAL, FRONT FENDER APRON, RHToyota1129.04$
35373760040SEAL, FRONT FENDER APRON, RH/LHToyota1134.39$

I buy everything for the most part through Partsouq.com out of Dubai.

25373660040SEAL, FRONT FENDER APRON, RHToyota1129.04$
35373760040SEAL, FRONT FENDER APRON, RH/LHToyota1134.39$
Just ordered mine. I paid 85 AED and 100 AED, or $23.14 and $27.23, coming in from Oman. Sometimes I get a 10 USD delivery charge--in this case I had a set of four shocks coming at the same time for 600 AED or $164, so no extra delivery charge. I have not used partsouq before kind of on the assumption that they really were more focused on international sales, but maybe I should look at that again. Does it cost much for you for delivery to KSA?

And another question: I've put essentially the same tires as you have (tall narrow) on Golden Boy, and I'm also putting them on the troopy. I see you got stuck in the sand in a rather hilarious way. What are your observations about using tires like these in the dunes? I'd been assuming it would be best to stay out of them with these kind of tires, but I'd like to hear what you found when you tried it.

My last Partsouq order was $497 in parts and $42 shipping. They usually have multiple shipping options with different prices. In addition I paid something like $60 in import duties. If you compare the prices to the dealership and the total pain of actually going to the dealership in Riyadh, there is no question that Partsouq is the way to go. Parts usually show up in 4 or 5 days.

The tires are fine in the dunes but you need to air down to something like 17 psi or so as the sidewalls are pretty stiff.

With your inspiration Golden Boy has his new spats on too!
1583248245837.png

1583248280113.png

I hadn't even thought about the idea of putting them in before reading your post above.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom