Builds Car souq pickup (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

A lot of these 75 pickup models do not have A/C....not sure about heat. The ads never say one way or the other.

In Australia it is charged as an extra, about $4500 AUD I think. The dealers keep a few with A/C already fitted for immediate sale.
It all depends on what the main dealer for that market orders.
Yours appears to have clogged filter warning light fitted , which is another extra.

Any idea what the transfer case holds? Maybe just under 2?

About 2 litres, but you just fill to the filler hole with the vehicle on a level surface. You cant overfill it.

Thats a nice Landcruiser and while I prefer the diesels, the FZJ7* are king of the deep sand and sand dunes.
It will be great in the US with cheap gas and LHD
I hope you a rust prevention program on your list.

I think you can do better, Dynamat seems highly recommended.
I concur with Rosco. I used Noico on our 1998 Model 100 with great results and it was substantially cheaper than Dynamat.
1569154559393.png

Amazon product ASIN B00URUIKAK
I plan to use this on the floor of my troopy and then glue down thick vinyl sheet over that.

Here's the same area of the passenger side of my RHD 1993. Looks like the factory laid soundproofing right over whatever that hole was for. From the top, you can see the dimple in the soundproofing to the left of the jack. From below, you can see the soundproofing thru the hole.

No hurry but if you get a chance I would like to know the thickness of the OEM soundproofing. Maybe 100 mil? Thanks

Truck is missing the jack and tools. I need to make a trip to the Riyadh wrecker yards to see if I can find replacements. Just curious though, anyone know what the circled hole is for behind the driver’s seat? I can’t seem to find anything in the parts diagram.
Hi WDE, did you ever figure what goes into the various slots for the emergency tools? Mine are missing too...

BTW, on the aircon, Golden Boy is becoming curiouser and curiouser. The engine had an aircon pump on it with the lines cut, and all the aircon items were missing from the cab. I drove up to Sharjah last weekend to try to get replacements and a buddy had another 75 to look at. Comparing the two trucks it now seems that the cab of the pickup, and most likely the bed itself, were replaced. The frame VIN matches the data plate, so its not a complete lashup.

It even appears that the cab may originally have been a RHD as the firewall appears to have been patched where the brake master cylinder would be mounted.

My friend up there in Sharjah kindly pulled every bit of the aircon system for me, and my mechanics are picking it up now. Here's what the pile of parts looks like:
1570429967465.png

1570429990743.png

Hi WDE, did you ever figure what goes into the various slots for the emergency tools? Mine are missing too...

If you go to ToyoDiy.com (or Partsouq.com) and look at the parts diagrams for your vehicle, you will find the standard tool list under Engine/Fuel. I just ordered all of these tools and the jack, etc. from Partsouq for less than $150 delivered. All or a new substitute are still available. The only thing not available is the tool roll and I have put my name on the list to get a canvas one from one of our vendors.

Here is a photo from ToyoDiy.
8064D6CD-9778-46C0-80B5-DB3DE52F0BCF.png

If you go to ToyoDiy.com (or Partsouq.com) and look at the parts diagrams for your vehicle, you will find the standard tool list under Engine/Fuel. I just ordered all of these tools and the jack, etc. from Partsouq for less than $150 delivered. All or a new substitute are still available. The only thing not available is the tool roll and I have put my name on the list to get a canvas one from one of our vendors.

Here is a photo from ToyoDiy.
Oh, very nice! Thanks!

@John Young I am surprised you can't find a used tool roll set in any of the cruiser junk yards local to you.

@John Young I am surprised you can't find a used tool roll set in any of the cruiser junk yards local to you.

I think he was having trouble figuring out all the jack tools (handles, etc.) and how they fit into the wall clips.

BTW, on the aircon, Golden Boy is becoming curiouser and curiouser. The engine had an aircon pump on it with the lines cut, and all the aircon items were missing from the cab. I drove up to Sharjah last weekend to try to get replacements and a buddy had another 75 to look at. Comparing the two trucks it now seems that the cab of the pickup, and most likely the bed itself, were replaced. The frame VIN matches the data plate, so its not a complete lashup.

It even appears that the cab may originally have been a RHD as the firewall appears to have been patched where the brake master cylinder would be mounted.

My friend up there in Sharjah kindly pulled every bit of the aircon system for me, and my mechanics are picking it up now. Here's what the pile of parts looks like:
View attachment 2101100
View attachment 2101101

Buy a new drier bottle from Toyota and install it last... before vacuuming and charging the system. Seriously, that bottle will be no good having sat in a yard... and it makes a difference.

3/32”, as measured by stacking some post it notes next to the sound proofing, then measuring the thickness of the post it notes.
Thanks so much. So that's ~94 mils. Damplifier Pro and the Noico mentioned above are 80 mil so that would replicate the look pretty well. I watched a youtube tutorial recently where they were using a 3M seam sealer over a butyl rubber sound deadener to replicate the OEM texture (they demonstrated various types). Nothing I'll do anytime soon but good data nonetheless.

And the penny finally drops on your screen name...
1570895393457.png

PS Now I'm going to have to look at the rear bumper of Golden Boy to see what needs to be replaced. Still looking for the bed liner. Google does not work well for things like that in the UAE. Hopefully my mechanics can find.

The stock rear bumper on a 70-series pickup or Troopy (and others I imagine) is one of the most dysfunctional Toyota designs I know of. How many parts do you need to make a rear bumper?!?!?!

8 not counting hardware.

To call that a rear bumper requires a lot of imagination. :)
It should be referred to as a rear step. It is nice however to see recycled beer cans can live on. :)

To call that a rear bumper requires a lot of imagination. :)
It should be referred to as a rear step. It is nice however to see recycled beer cans can live on. :)

It's actually heavier tube than I thought by first glance but agree, it's not exactly going to stop a freight train. I think the parts are still available because the new FZJ79 pickup still uses the same bumper. I haven't compared part numbers but they look exactly the same.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom