Car Camping Levelers for Big Tires (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TeCKis300

GOLD Star
Threads
Finally, found a set of ramp type levelers for big tires. Perfect for getting the car level for car camping or RTTs. Bonus that they can be used to lift and service the car.

For those unfamiliar, these come from the travel trailer world to help level trailers at camp. Way better than stacking lego blocks. I've used Anderson ramps for years. Challenge is that they are often profiled with a curve for smaller trailer tires and would break when used with proper 33" and up tires. Finally found a set that will work for my 35s. Yes, they advertise these are only good for 32, but from my experimentation, they should also work for 37s. My buddy with a Raptor might get a set to try this weekend.

These are extra tall for almost 6" of leveling which is great for unpredictable terrain when BLM camping. Storage bag included.

Amazon product ASIN B0C73TN8WQ
1697235129501.png

Airbags are also a great tool to level and I use them all the time but they're only good for about 3" of adjustment.

Look at me just using rocks :D

Look at me just using rocks :D

Definitely rocks. If the grounds loose, can dig down. I've used traction boards.

Might be surprising but rocks or natural leveling solutions can be hard to come by in some geographies. BLM camping is the wild wild west. With an RTT up high, getting to level is that much more important to a good nights sleep. Having a tool with continuous graduations of height up to 6" will make a world of difference to making more spots work.

Definitely rocks. If the grounds loose, can dig down. I've used traction boards.

Might be surprising but rocks or natural leveling solutions can be hard to come by in some geographies. BLM camping is the wild wild west. With an RTT up high, getting to level is that much more important to a good nights sleep. Having a tool with continuous graduations of height up to 6" will make a world of difference to making more spots work.
I get it. I was being being tongue in cheek.

I sleep inside on top of my drawers, so for me interior storage space is at a premium. Also, since I'm much lower than a RTT, I'm not as sensitive to being perfectly level like you are.

Lastly most of the places I camp around here there are plenty of rocks to make work.

I carry these as my traction boards and leveling devices…

No bridging with these, but otherwise I prefer them since they take up so little space in my rig.

I carry these as my traction boards and leveling devices…

No bridging with these, but otherwise I prefer them since they take up so little space in my rig.

Hadn't seen those before and looks like a good product to serve multiple purposes. I rarely carry traction boards anymore as they are bulky. At least not for myself and may bring them if less capable rigs join. This may be a good compromise.

I have never seen levelers like that before--just the lego kind. I had to look through the pictures to see how you would even get a tire up on top of one of those. Pretty clever!

Those go treads look cool too. Might consider a set for my DD/work car (RWD tesla). I have gotten embarrassingly stuck in snow with clients before :eek:

Last edited:
Hadn't seen those before and looks like a good product to serve multiple purposes. I rarely carry traction boards anymore as they are bulky. At least not for myself and may bring them if less capable rigs join. This may be a good compromise.
They’ll also fit into this large recovery bag from Blue Ridge Overland…
IMG_2742.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom