Leveling kits? LC 200 HE (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Folks! New here, love what I've been able to poke around and find so I'll be here often, BUT forgive me if I'm doing this incorrectly...

I have a '21 LC Heritage Edition and trying to burn through my stock tires before making changes to the original build. As I'm getting closer to that date I'm looking to do 1) upgrade tires and, 2) apply a leveling kit.

QUESTION:
1) Are there tires you all would recommend outside of the BFG Ko2s? I use my LC HE as an every-day car (~150 miles/wk highway/city) but want to have tires for fishing/skiing/beach camping...

2) I don't want to lift the whole truck just yet but I do want to level the truck, as it comes stock as the front about 1.5"-2" lower than the back. Are there any recommendations on leveling kits as well as anyone know great Seattle based shops that can install? Or is it best to be done at Toyota dealership?

Thanks for all the feedback!

Pretty well-trodden path is to get the OEM spacer for the top of the struts and Michelin LXT tires.

Toyota part 43136-60020

If you aren’t adding any weight and like the stock suspension, this adds that touch of clearance at the front and levels things out.

The lxt tires are quiet, ride nice, wear well, and cover moderate off roading well.

Last edited:
Yes. The LTX are probably the best you can get for comfort, traction on pavement in all weather and off road. They only lack the aggressive appearance many are seeking. If vanity is important to you, if you are trying to impress or intimidate strangers, I like my falken Wildpeak AT3W after having run BFGs for a decade on my GX. They’re great so far for traction but do feel and sound like a 10 ply all-terrain.

Read about wit's end on the vendor issues board and decide whether you'd like to do business with them. I won't.

That said, the 1/2" (actually 10mm) OEM toyota spacer will add about an inch of front ride height, and is a factory part.. meaning it will integrate well with the rest of the suspension. Other larger spacer options will not do that.

Pretty well-trodden path is to get the OEM spacer for the top of the struts and Michelin LXT tires.

If you aren’t adding any weight and like the stock suspension, this adds that touch of clearance at the front and levels things out.

The lxt tires are quiet, ride nice, wear well, and cover moderate off roading well.
i would avoid that particular site: Wits End Order Issues / Joey Romero - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/wits-end-order-issues-joey-romero.1316972/page-26#post-15241809

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom