BP-51 Rebuild Mileage Poll (3 Viewers)

Edit: How many miles on your BP-51 shocks? Or if you've had them rebuilt, how many miles at rebuild?

• <30K

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 30K - 40K

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • 40K - 50K

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • 50K - 60K

• 60K - 70K

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • >70K

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well I guess this is the end of ARB/OME for me. According to arb tech support since my shocks are an early serial number and they have changed design they no longer carry parts for them and have determined them to be "end of servicable lifespan". Solution buy new BP-51, That will not be happening.
Time to move to a manufacturer that doesn't have such a closed service arrangement, doesn't require shipment across the country, and product that can be better maintained.

Original install date: 5/26/16 169k miles
Warranty replacement of leaking rear: 7/9/16 172k miles
Leaking & Beyond "end of service lifespan": 1/17/24 325k miles

PXL_20240115_215211599.jpg

Screenshot_20240117-152214~2.png

Well I guess this is the end of ARB/OME for me. According to arb tech support since my shocks are an early serial number and they have changed design they no longer carry parts for them and have determined them to be "end of servicable lifespan". Solution buy new BP-51, That will not be happening.
Time to move to a manufacturer that doesn't have such a closed service arrangement, doesn't require shipment across the country, and product that can be better maintained.

View attachment 3535492

View attachment 3535494
Not surprising. Between this and the poorly designed lower bushing bending the shock mount posts on the axle, I’m done saying these are a viable option.

I ran BP-51s on my GX470 for about two years. I put somewhere around 15,000 miles on them before they started leaking (3 at once)in 2020. I reached out to ARB who said they could replace them since they couldn’t be rebuilt so I dropped them off.
They had them for a month before they told me that since the shocks were on a GX470 and that isn’t a supported platform, they could not honor the warranty. I explained how absurd that statement was but didn’t get anywhere. I then agreed to have them rebuilt at my cost and they agreed.
Another month passed and after numerous emails and calls they told me they could not be rebuilt because they did not have the tooling. I said “so what are the next steps?”
Another six weeks pass and I finally demand to speak to a manager and get the COO. I express my extreme displeasure at being strung along and basically getting screwed out of a suspension with no notice. After a bunch of back and forth, he agrees to buy my BP-51s back for 60% of MSRP. Grateful to be done with it, I accepted, sold everything else I owned made by ARB and have washed my hands of the company.

Am I reading this right? You got eight years and 153,000 miles out of your shocks?

Am I reading this right? You got eight years and 153,000 miles out of your shocks?
Yes, both rears were warranty replaced because they leaked within 6months/15,000mi. The fronts have not been replaced but the bushings have worn out several times and I finally made correctly sized spacers in the same material all other shock makers use. I had thought about sending in my shocks for service (before they were leaking) but did not have another suspension to run in the mean time(2+ weeks it sounds like). Unfortunately now I don't even have that option, and obviously was never made aware of the design change by ARB that made early production models obsolete.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom