BP-51 Rebuild Mileage Poll (1 Viewer)

Edit: How many miles on your BP-51 shocks? Or if you've had them rebuilt, how many miles at rebuild?

• <30K

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 30K - 40K

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • 40K - 50K

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • 50K - 60K

• 60K - 70K

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • >70K

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

kcjaz

SILVER Star
Threads
ARB in Seattle is currently rebuilding BP-51s for free and they don't need to be leaking or otherwise not performing to have them rebuilt. You pay shipping both ways. Both Slee and ARB have told me BP-51s should get to 60 or 70K before they need rebuild. However warranty is 30K. As my truck is down for other repairs, I am considering sending my shocks in (currently at 33K miles) though I am having no issues. I'm curious to know what the stats are for the Mud crowd. Also note in your reply if you were having issues, what the issue was, and at what mileage the issue started.

ARB in Seattle is currently rebuilding BP-51s for free and they don't need to be leaking or otherwise not performing to have them rebuilt. You pay shipping both ways. Both Slee and ARB have told me BP-51s should get to 60 or 70K before they need rebuild. However warranty is 30K. As my truck is down for other repairs, I am considering sending my shocks in (currently at 33K miles) though I am having no issues. I'm curious to know what the stats are for the Mud crowd. Also note in your reply if you were having issues, what the issue was, and at what mileage the issue started.
Is this an ARB hdqtr in Seattle? I’ve only come across their SF/Bay Area offices. Do you have any info about contacting them or initiating the rebuild process?

Is this an ARB hdqtr in Seattle? I’ve only come across their SF/Bay Area offices. Do you have any info about contacting them or initiating the rebuild process?
I thought Seattle was their HQ but I guess I'm not sure about that. I Googled and called the number on this page: Contact Us | ARB 4x4 Accessories | North America - https://arbusa.com/contact-us/

If you click "support" on the top and then "submit a request" at the top of the next page, it will give you this form. Fill it out and tell them you you want and they will email back with instructions.

ARB has been in the greater Seattle area for the last 25+ years fwiw. They also have a Jacksonville and Dallas distribution centers.

Can't really vote on this poll since it's focused on sending in BP51's for rebuild. Mine are still holding up fine.

Would be good to see a poll asking how long have you had BP51's that are still in good working condition.

I've got 37k on mine and they have seen a lot of action.

Can't really vote on this poll since it's focused on sending in BP51's for rebuild. Mine are still holding up fine.

Would be good to see a poll asking how long have you had BP51's that are still in good working condition.

I've got 37k on mine and they have seen a lot of action.
yeah, no one has voted. Perhaps not many have rebuilt their shocks. I'll rephrase the question if no one votes.

I checked in with ARB yesterday immediately after reading this/commenting. Got a reply within an hour. Instructions provided to start the process. Was quoted a 2 week-ish turnaround time. No questions asked.

I have 60k on mine, no reason to think they need rebuilding immediately. Great to know this is an option.

yeah, no one has voted. Perhaps not many have rebuilt their shocks. I'll rephrase the question if no one votes.
Updated the poll question. If you have BP-51s, please respond to the poll.

I checked in with ARB yesterday immediately after reading this/commenting. Got a reply within an hour. Instructions provided to start the process. Was quoted a 2 week-ish turnaround time. No questions asked.

I have 60k on mine, no reason to think they need rebuilding immediately. Great to know this is an option.
This is great news and that we don't have to ship to/from Australia.

Slee told me they recommend rebuilds after 60-70k miles, that typically the shocks are still working but not as well as when new. (They also said "no idea how long ARB will offer the free rebuild option" so you may want to take advantage of it whenever you have some downtime available as it could go away any time)

I'm at 1500 miles, no rebuild required yet.

I have Kings now but had the BP-51s rebuilt around 65k before they went to a new owner. It was a bit of a process and took a while but ultimately was done at no extra charge at their Seattle location. The fronts were weeping a bit and the rears were nearly impossible to adjust at that point. The refreshed/renewed set seems to be working well for the new owner.

I dig your kings. I'll be curious to see how many miles you get out of them. Having a blown shock during a trip really limited my instant upgrade options.

Pretty sure I love the current BP51 tuning, if only I could drive the city streets here in Chicago at 70mph...

Short OT question… why BP51‘s if there are not much chances over there in the US to drive hundreds of miles on hard washboard tracks where you would need a bypass?
Even with hours of washboard tracks in Northafrica my normal EK150 from Ome didn’t got tired or hot.

ps.: 180.000km with the EK150 and the older set of them only broke bc we where younger and wanted to see how far a 200 can jump… it is pretty far and a 200 stays pretry solid in the air

Short OT question… why BP51‘s if there are not much chances over there in the US to drive hundreds of miles on hard washboard tracks where you would need a bypass?
Even with hours of washboard tracks in Northafrica my normal EK150 from Ome didn’t got tired or hot.

ps.: 180.000km with the EK150 and the older set of them only broke bc we where younger and wanted to see how far a 200 can jump… it is pretty far and a 200 stays pretry solid in the air
main reason for a bypass shock to me is to be able to tune for different scenarios. Adjustable non-resi shocks will let you do that to an extent but the bypass gives the ability to set for more scenarios without having to get out and completely adjust them. For instance I don’t drive washboards regularly but I do drive pretty bumpy pothole-ridden city streets daily so less compression feels better on those but also when I hop on the highway I appreciate the truck not being super floaty and I don’t want to get out to adjust them every time I switch back and forth. I am willing to adjust for a very different scenario, like taking a long overlanding trip loaded down with gear though.

Ideal setup would be adjustable from the inside of the truck via a remote control. Are you listening OME?

I rebuilt a set from a 79 series front end. They were showing some shaft wear and oil degraded. But otherwise holding up fine.
Local distributor didn't have shafts so we were only able to do seals and oil.

You get some pretty funny dyno plots from bypass shocks:

Have a good way to get these shocks rebuilt is a fantastic development! I would strongly consider them now, whereas before I elected for their regular nitrochargers.

Just sent my shocks off to Seattle. I knew shipping wouldn't be cheap for 100 lbs of kit from KC. UPS ground was about $200 at the UPS store. I think going to an actual UPS shipping center would be cheaper if you live near one.

Same...taking mine off in the next week to have rebuilt. Heavy use with 65k miles on them with no issues but with heavy/hard hits on two of them in past month, I'll take advantage of the free rebuild.

Ideal setup would be adjustable from the inside of the truck via a remote control. Are you listening OME?

No thanks, personally.. at least at the price point that would actually make it ti market. That’s a lot of new/experimental tech with accordingly as many opportunities for stuff to fail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom