Builds BoltRipper's 2-year Overdue Build Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Previously just had the ARB Fridge on the pull out drawer, but the height was still an issue, so I swapped sides with the drawers so the pull out is on the drivers side and then added the Alu-Cab fridge slide... Nice piece of kit and now I have access to the fridge and its contents.

F3FDC48F-EB03-44FF-A2AD-78F0DCBD561A_zps98pmdvpw.jpg
how are you liking the front runner boxes? are they worth it.

Needed to replace the old Die Hard with a new Interstate AGM. Cleaned up the wiring and also upgraded my Solenoid on the National Luna Split Charger System.

I had some problems with the unit disconnecting the batteries when the under-hood temp reached 145-150* during the summer months. I also think the truck was putting out more than the 85amps the unit is rated for. I went with the recommended 200 amp Solenoid and all seems good now.

The new battery is in and I cleaned up the wiring a made a few changes:

C6DAB1DB-4459-4544-8E3C-E77A58A29C20_zpsc7fpioit.jpg

New 200 Amp Solenoid installed on the Split Charger...

45F00F5C-53A8-4123-8704-30BF0C50062F_zpsu9ise0mf.jpg

I also wanted to have the ability to see the Voltage from the rear of the truck when the fridge is running so I added a power werx 12VDC on my rear panel. Anderson Power-pole so I can easily remove the panel.

410459B0-0B8D-4461-BFBB-ED5F27FAF676_zpsjj7y38uq.jpg

18245FB3-6CC0-474D-B942-5C4D76540D7D_zpsalj7vtkx.jpg
hate to keep asking but where did you secure your electrical fittings Ive been using the heat shrink type but have recently discovered the anderson poles like your showing, but what about the terminal spades, name??

how are you liking the front runner boxes? are they worth it.

I've used them for over 4 years now and have tried other things such as the Rigid boxes, but always come back to the front runners... I've added a few of the high lids and it's now perfect... Worth it IMHO...

Reactions: RFB
hate to keep asking but where did you secure your electrical fittings Ive been using the heat shrink type but have recently discovered the anderson poles like your showing, but what about the terminal spades, name??

I'm not following the question.. Secure by "Obtain" or secure as in physically locate? Let me know...

The Battery Terminal Fittings are Slee Extensions. Its their Old Military extension terminal P/N STF1041 I believe...

Best,

john-

I'm not following the question.. Secure by "Obtain" or secure as in physically locate? Let me know...

The Battery Terminal Fittings are Slee Extensions. Its their Old Military extension terminal P/N STF1041 I believe...

Best,

john-
as in obtained, and Im reffering to the connectors you have on the back of what I believe is the voltometer in your rear passenger quarter its so clean

Needed to replace the old Die Hard with a new Interstate AGM. Cleaned up the wiring and also upgraded my Solenoid on the National Luna Split Charger System.

I had some problems with the unit disconnecting the batteries when the under-hood temp reached 145-150* during the summer months. I also think the truck was putting out more than the 85amps the unit is rated for. I went with the recommended 200 amp Solenoid and all seems good now.

The new battery is in and I cleaned up the wiring a made a few changes:

C6DAB1DB-4459-4544-8E3C-E77A58A29C20_zpsc7fpioit.jpg

New 200 Amp Solenoid installed on the Split Charger...

45F00F5C-53A8-4123-8704-30BF0C50062F_zpsu9ise0mf.jpg

I also wanted to have the ability to see the Voltage from the rear of the truck when the fridge is running so I added a power werx 12VDC on my rear panel. Anderson Power-pole so I can easily remove the panel.

410459B0-0B8D-4461-BFBB-ED5F27FAF676_zpsjj7y38uq.jpg

18245FB3-6CC0-474D-B942-5C4D76540D7D_zpsalj7vtkx.jpg
bottom two images what brand

bottom two images what brand

I get all my Anderson gear at Powerwerx

The black boots on the small Anderson Power Poles are from Amazon as Anderson only makes boots for the SB50 and larger...

12v Meter and wire Is also from Powerwerx...

Best,

John

as in obtained, and Im reffering to the connectors you have on the back of what I believe is the voltometer in your rear passenger quarter its so clean

The blue connectors are included with the 12v

All from Powerwerx

Great thread. I spent a couple hours off and on going through and was rewarded with an awesome build and story.

I grew up around your area and remember when your neighborhood was all woods really not to long ago. Some great dirt biking trails, a few spots big enough for jeeps etc, could spend days out there. I’ve got a family memeber that just built his second house in the neighborhood he loves it.

Your not the one with what looks like a dozen garage doors on multiple levels are you? Haha, my family jokes if I move back I need something like that for my Toyota problem. My parents recently moved away from lake crest near by and my grandmother lives about a mile from you. That’s a great area to raise a family. The city just needs to quit allowing the cutting down all the trees to develop new houses.

I actually proposed to my wife in front of the clubhouse/townhall in your neighborhood a few Christmas ago after the other spots I picked didn’t work out.... bad weather and no one turned on lights that Xmas eve.

If your looking for a local shop I’ve got a buddy that works on lots of landcruisers, rovers, high end stuff etc and got his start at Hoover Toyota but now has his own shop called Tapco and recently did a trip to race at koh. He’s a cool guy and actually someone I remember wheeling with in your area when it was wooded. Any way I get off topic...

Your daughter may want your 80 when she is driving since she did get to help on working on with you. Probably worth more to you and her than someone else, you can’t sell or will regret. Hope your future projects and adventures go well I look forward to reading about them.

Brad

Brad -

Thanks for taking the time to read the thread.

No, my garage space is a bit more limited, but I do know who you are talking about. Its a garage lovers paradise at his house.

:cheers:

Some new additions - ALu-Cab Gen3 with their Shadow Awn...

I've since upgraded their short 6' ladder with an Extend and Climb 8.5' and thats really my only complaint. - I just have 5 nights in it so far but It's been a great addition.

JtkrFobtbvz4q0M9wJZNKrX1c6PEfvBFfHmIWcew1UMBhB3RQo-w0oHTokDQ0efc-hfXi9MTwfflyFxSpiXw33OnK2A7WrMTA5p_nH3LZMYTSghbfKS7fk8Eg-T74L2G3MEd_5VXNQ=w2400

Installed a Back Bay Customs Tailgate Storage Panel this weekend and I like the finished product. Fit and finish were perfect and directions were spot on. Props to Back Bay Customs for a great product.

_MHqH4Bj3p9tR8uhf_dJB14rYCYKcjD6ho3GKJRzBsntHDRWlyKfc_M-kbGHHfaQpUqifQ65uERUNavawp7jVTWis5lZepb-bcK2M1Fso-DRUq4ryc9OAKus4Ulu1drhZ0bOmqBANg=w2400

Zv01ppN4uXU5ppUOa7qVMFsSYnJl8AzDY5IaBhaKz3gbSAX3kdhZPK_1lNdfKuU7J6o4URs4MkPaw5KJlU1qCkttYnsxlEFo5mwclshoNuDl3BVtlEIUdAbjlZC4Zfw5OGO6rdGDPg=w2400

If one is considering a USED/Rebuilt 2UZ-FE for conversion into an 80-what block markings or other identifiers is the consumer best to consider.

I mean surly there is chain in the 2UZ-FE DNA that one must follow but I have very little history on the variants ran from the 2UZ block, I mean water jackets and what not should be the same but all that seeming does not make it so...

Any straight talk on the a rebuilt 2UZ-FE unit for conversion into the 80?

The engine is bite size but what other systems does the 2UZ-FE bleed into... how invasive is the swap?

OME BP-51's have been installed and they are just perfect. I can now adjust for the Roof Top Tent and extra 200-300 lbs of gear durning the fall and winter months and then go back to the lighter settings during the off season when the gear is off the truck. Such a fantastic difference.

Install was a breeze and very well thought out.

Thanks to Kurt @cruiseroutfit for getting these to me so quick.

IMG_2329_zpsbagrfa0o.jpg

IMG_2331%202_zpsjlm0c5xv.jpg

IMG_2364_zpsrwheifbc.jpg

IMG_2365_zpshnkhhmqw.jpg

Cheers,

John

Also wanted to keep the driveline happy when increasing loads and changing pinion angles. I opted for a set of Ironman adjustable upper links. Previously I made my own set of extended uppers when I installed the lift, but these give me the flexibility I wanted.

These arms are very stout and I had to do some cutting and grinding on the Frame side to get them to fit.

IMG_2214_zpsz24z1vad.jpg

IMG_2219_zpszpnmxexd.jpg

IMG_2221_zps6j7xtwlf.jpg

Below:
Ironman
My Extended and Sleeved
Stock

IMG_2218_zpsfdgawotr.jpg

Cheers,

John

Also wanted to keep the driveline happy when increasing loads and changing pinion angles. I opted for a set of Ironman adjustable upper links. Previously I made my own set of extended uppers when I installed the lift, but these give me the flexibility I wanted.

These arms are very stout and I had to do some cutting and grinding on the Frame side to get them to fit.

IMG_2214_zpsz24z1vad.jpg

IMG_2219_zpszpnmxexd.jpg

IMG_2221_zps6j7xtwlf.jpg

Below:
Ironman
My Extended and Sleeved
Stock

IMG_2218_zpsfdgawotr.jpg

Cheers,

John

UCA look nice any idea what they use for bushings?

UCA look nice any idea what they use for bushings?
Phil - No markings on them but they look just like the OEM bushings. I wondered the same thing.

Best,

J

OME BP-51's have been installed and they are just perfect. I can now adjust for the Roof Top Tent and extra 200-300 lbs of gear durning the fall and winter months and then go back to the lighter settings during the off season when the gear is off the truck. Such a fantastic difference.

Install was a breeze and very well thought out.

Thanks to Kurt @cruiseroutfit for getting these to me so quick.

IMG_2329_zpsbagrfa0o.jpg

IMG_2331%202_zpsjlm0c5xv.jpg

IMG_2364_zpsrwheifbc.jpg

IMG_2365_zpshnkhhmqw.jpg

Cheers,

John
Man I would LOVE to test a set of these against my kings, Ive had radflos, slee 2.5s(ADS) and now kings if these really adjust enough to offset RTT and gear in a noticable way Id love to do a video on them. @cruiseroutfit

IMG_2214_zpsz24z1vad.jpg

IMG_2219_zpszpnmxexd.jpg

IMG_2221_zps6j7xtwlf.jpg

Below:
Ironman
My Extended and Sleeved
Stock

IMG_2218_zpsfdgawotr.jpg

Cheers,

John
whats the O.D on those bad boys? Ive got blackhawks BUT I was snapped a slee UCA and the slinky rep met me in MOAB and hooked me up. those look serious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom