Builds BoltRipper's 2-year Overdue Build Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ok. one of those situations where having a long standing relationship with your agent probably helps.

Used this weekend to replace all the Belt Moulding on the exterior windows. Had one start to curl, so I figured it was time to replace them all.

IMG_3343.jpeg
IMG_3344.jpeg
IMG_3345.jpeg

Also took the time to replace all the interior door wipers as well.

IMG_3347.jpeg

IMG_3346.jpeg

Cheers -

IMG_3350.jpeg

The wife's 200 has some great floor lighting and I wanted to add some to the 80 Series. I had some LED strip rolls in the garage in white blue and red.. Decided on Red to protect night vision.

I've seen some 12" strips and they are blinding, so I cut these at 6".... Might go to 4", but so far I like the additional light.

IMG_3340.jpeg

IMG_3341.jpeg

IMG_3342.jpeg

Cheers-

Ok. one of those situations where having a long standing relationship with your agent probably helps.
Awesome! Thanks man!

Do you mind sharing what you mounted the strips to under the dash? I've Got strips I installed in my taco and some waiting to be installed in my 80. I hate not being able to see what is on the floor at night.

Do you mind sharing what you mounted the strips to under the dash? I've Got strips I installed in my taco and some waiting to be installed in my 80. I hate not being able to see what is on the floor at night.
@clx16 Driver os mounted to the plastic AC duct, passenger is mounted on base of the fan housing.

I used 3M VHB Tape as the stock sticky strip is junk on these LED's.

Rears are mounted on the Scheel-Mann Seat Bases.

Hope that helps.

Cheers -

Definitely helps and agree 100% on the stock sticky strip. thanks for the info on the 3M VHB.
I have step sliders and will be installing some under them for when the doors open the ground will light up for the person getting out. I've been trying to figure out what will stick and I bet that 3M stuff will do just fine there also.

Just spent the morning going throught this thread.

Nicely done! Great attention to detail. Certainly some inspiration for future builds.

@TonyP Appreciate the comment.. Thanks brother...

Thanks for the words..... No, had an itch when I picked up a 2018 for the wife, but the more I drove hers the more I realized how perfect the 80 was.....

I’ll probably look to build the 200 over time, but doubt the 80 will ever go..

Cheers !

John

I somehow had never stumbled onto this build. As 1000 people have said before, one of the most incredible I've seen.

I did chuckle though at a post on a page in single digits, of you saying at the end of the build you'd post what you have into it. What I came to realize is, that's your out, there will never be an end to this build... :)

Thanks for the awesome inspiration and write ups!

I somehow had never stumbled onto this build. As 1000 people have said before, one of the most incredible I've seen.

I did chuckle though at a post on a page in single digits, of you saying at the end of the build you'd post what you have into it. What I came to realize is, that's your out, there will never be an end to this build... :)

Thanks for the awesome inspiration and write ups!

Appreciate the words... Yep, it will never be done ;)

Completed a few things that have been on the list for a while. I wanted to add some Anderson Power Pole Connectors to the rear of the vehicle. All my portable radio operations use Anderson, so this helps eliminate carrying batteries for the KX3

IMG_20190127_202110.jpg

Installed them with disconnects on the rear so I can remove the panel completely if needed.

IMG_20190127_202100.jpg

Finally decided to replace the 22 year old hood struts as well... mine were just starting to fail. Also got sone new Tan interior bits from @beno - Thanks so much for the new parts my friend!

IMG_20190129_194917.jpg

IMG_20190129_195444.jpg

Cheers -

John

Great build!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom