Bolt on turbo kit (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not upset, just making sure the information in this thread is factually correct since it is directly related to someone's livelihood that is selling this kit. It isn't me.

Because a lot of people think that psi is directly proportional to horsepower. I was just pointing out that it is not. As are you. We are on the same page. Didn't mean to upset you.

That escalated quickly.:beer:

Enjoy your weekend everyone. Can't believe this is now 264 pages.

Put the drain fitting in the oil pan on Saturday. It was very easy to do with the steering, diff, driveshaft, etc all removed. wide open spaces in there.

Then returned to reassembling the Front/Rear Axles. Got the rear axle back together with 4.88's and an ARB locker, RCV axle shafts, new wheel bearings, seals, etc.

This week we will get the front axle put back together with the new diff, RCV axles shafts, new bearings, etc. We rebuilt the birfs last weekend.

Also going to do the shift kit this week. Planning on a test drive on Friday to make sure we got everything right with the drive train. Then back in the garage for turbo over the weekend.

Question on offroading with a turbo, is the power manageable in 4lo? Like trying to creep slowly, what happens when the turbo kicks in? Does it lurch all of a sudden? educate me lol. Thanks

It is totally manageable, the turbo is not an off/on switch, you have plenty of notice and throttle control is about the same.

Question on offroading with a turbo, is the power manageable in 4lo? Like trying to creep slowly, what happens when the turbo kicks in? Does it lurch all of a sudden? educate me lol. Thanks

No discernible difference from stock during low-speed off roading except that the truck won't be wheezing at high altitude. It feels like a stock cruiser. Only time you would really notice the turbo is during the higher speed sections of dirt track between technical sections (and you'd really have to be gunning it on purpose, the turbo wont sneak up and surprise you), or in sand or mud where you're holding the engine at a higher rpm, in which case more power is the desired effect.

My truck does the 1-2 shift lurch in low range. That did not change with or without the turbo.

I got a shipping notification. 😁
It’s going to be soo cool to finally get it! 😂
It is very nice to have the kit in hand. Going through all of the parts you can see the attention to detail and the thought that went into the kit. No corners were cut, it is a very high quality piece of work. I tried to put the turbo on the coffee table but my wife said no. She is not fully bought into the new member of the family. It was only going to be until this weekend when I put the kit in, but no, it has to stay in the cold garage. Very sad.

It is very nice to have the kit in hand. Going through all of the parts you can see the attention to detail and the thought that went into the kit. No corners were cut, it is a very high quality piece of work. I tried to put the turbo on the coffee table but my wife said no. She is not fully bought into the new member of the family. It was only going to be until this weekend when I put the kit in, but no, it has to stay in the cold garage. Very sad.

I should have specified. I already have the turbo kit in.
I meant I got a shipping notification for the down pipe blanket. 😁

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom