Bolt on turbo kit (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Made a small batch of these Velcro patches on a whim since I was doing others. Only for those getting this kit :flipoff2:

9133290D-EF81-4BD5-B8BB-802E1F7F03D0.png

@NLXTACY

Late to the coating discussion, has it been decided?

Well, I guess that’s your answer.

I would like to minimize underhood heat. I was planning on attempting to wrap what I could of the J pipe with header wrap.

So try to do whatever can be done coating wise to minimize corrosion without significant added expense (ie of course high grade SS would be better, but $$$$).

I am slowly catching up on this thread, and if I read right, the turbo kit is still being developed... but as soon as its ready, I'm in. You need a deposit or anything?

add me to the list of people willing to buy once this is ready!

Well, I guess that’s your answer.

I would like to minimize underhood heat. I was planning on attempting to wrap what I could of the J pipe with header wrap.

Just get an aliexpress turbo blanket and some header wrap. The fiberglass insulation is much more effective than paint, if you have rust issues already then clean them up and spray with VHT paint before you wrap, or replace them if it's time.

Be aware that if/when you wrap your exhaust in the engine compartment you keep it a pinch cooler, but you move the heat further along. You keep your wiring and accessories in better condition though from doing this.

Essentially this means your exhaust piping past where you insulate now has more heat, in a vehicle wear the floor panel get warm from the exhaust in the summer, they now get warmer. If its already an issue you may or may not want to look at adding/replacing or repairing heat shrouds.

Or wait another couple months and you should be able to get a turbo blanket and wrap with a "wits end" logo on them... hahaha.

I'm in for sure as well...... have to find another place to mount my burrito basket......

I’m pretty jazzed about this setup. I hope it comes together by next year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom