Bolt on turbo kit (11 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If you go back to the beginning my idea was to do a J-pipe for low cost and the 6Boost as an upgrade, but it is too much to ask anyone to tool up for two different intakes, charge pipes, downpipes, etc. Plus the 6Boost won't work with all the LC extras. It is fine if your goal is 2000hp stripped down street weapon, but if you want dual batteries, compressors, etc. It becomes very tough to fit them.

Why try to reinvent the wheel when such a nice piece is available? Whats not to like?

Why try to reinvent the wheel when such a nice piece is available? Whats not to like?

It is like $1400.....that is a start.:eek:

Joey's piece will fit 95% of our applications without having to hire an interior designer to rearrange everything under the hood.:cheers:

I was just admiring how beautiful that 6boost looked in there.

Back on topic.....the four-way-peace-pipe looks awesome!:bounce:

It’ll never ever pass CARB compliance which 16 states now follow.
Please all you need for that is a couple of hundred thousand for testing. You don't have that laying around Joey. Think A non Carb state is in my future.

Please all you need for that is a couple of hundred thousand for testing. You don't have that laying around Joey. Think A non Carb state is in my future.
Maybe if we put a Prius sticker on it they wont know what it is.

Oh don't tell us that we will expect it to be cheaper. Your suppose to let everyone think you have spent a fortune, that way you can justify the price. You need to learn how to play the game......;) People will still spend $ :cheers:

No, their black plain steel manifold is about $1400. That stainless steel manifold with the CNC collector is probably closer to $3k by the time you get it over here.

It is like $1400.....that is a start.:eek:

Joey's piece will fit 95% of our applications without having to hire an interior designer to rearrange everything under the hood.:cheers:

I was just admiring how beautiful that 6boost looked in there.

Back on topic.....the four-way-peace-pipe looks awesome!:bounce:

I can’t wait to see pics of Joey’s finished J-pipe!

Are we about 2-3 weeks out till those are finished fabrication? I’m guessing about 4th of July?

What color ceramic coating did you decide?

Are you able to laser etch your company name/logo onto ceramic coat? I know you want to.... ;)

What will the next big hurdle, towards completion, is next?

I can’t wait to see pics of Joey’s finished J-pipe!

Me too :p

Are we about 2-3 weeks out till those are finished fabrication? I’m guessing about 4th of July?

Thats what I had in my head. I'll follow up end of next week.

What color ceramic coating did you decide?

I'm still heavily leaning black.

Are you able to laser etch your company name/logo onto ceramic coat? I know you want to.... ;)

No but I have been throwing around an idea of making a simple tag that gets spot welded on.

What will the next big hurdle, towards completion, is next?

Well I will be getting some tools to start making the hoses. I've ordered up TONS of fittings and hose. Just need to assemble and order the heat wrap. The next hurdle is the intake and downpipe. Then potentially moving the air cleaner (new bracket). TBD. Then of course taking to SEMA garage to start that process.

Dyno, then SEMA...

Or SEMA, then dyno....? ;)

It seems SO close, but so far. I can’t wait!

Black ceramic huh?
You weren’t thinking silver or gun-metal gray color to match turbo housing?
Either would work, I’m sure you can picture it in your head better than us.

If the purpose of the ceramic coating (or part of the purpose) is to reduce heat in the engine compartment, then black is not the best.
Black is good at absorbing electromagnetic energy (infra-red in this case), because it doesn't reflect as much as other colors.
The other side of that same coin is that black emits more efficiently as well.
Maybe because it doesn't reflect well from it's underside either.
This assumes that it's "black" in the IR, as it is in the visible range, which may or may not actually be the case.

From all of that, I would suppose silver or white would be the best heat reflectors (from their underside), so best for engine compartment heat management.

Then again, is it better to look cool than actually be cool?

If the purpose of the ceramic coating (or part of the purpose) is to reduce heat in the engine compartment, then black is not the best.
Black is good at absorbing electromagnetic energy (infra-red in this case), because it doesn't reflect as much as other colors.
The other side of that same coin is that black emits more efficiently as well.
Maybe because it doesn't reflect well from it's underside either.
This assumes that it's "black" in the IR, as it is in the visible range, which may or may not actually be the case.

From all of that, I would suppose silver or white would be the best heat reflectors (from their underside), so best for engine compartment heat management.

Then again, is it better to look cool than actually be cool?

I think the #1 reason for ceramic coating is corrosion protection. While there are definite thermal benefits, they pale in comparison to a turbo blanket. The blanket will keep underhood temps down, and keeping that heat contained in the housing will improve spool time.

Depends on the ceramic. There is only 1 true ceramic coating that I know of. The rest are just buzz words. The only true ceramic coating is Swaintech Whitelightning.

The other ceramic coatings are mostly cosmetic.

I think the #1 reason for ceramic coating is corrosion protection. While there are definite thermal benefits, they pale in comparison to a turbo blanket. The blanket will keep underhood temps down, and keeping that heat contained in the housing will improve spool time.

Is Joey going true ceramic coating?

I believe Swaintech is on the east coast, not sure what turn around time would be, but there seems to be plenty of time between R&D developments.

I wonder if they offer bulk pricing discounts. Drop off 25-30 J-pipes, down pipes, turbo hosings, etc... could be a reasonable bulk discount. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom