Best car cover for 80 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for a high quality cover for my 80 series. Planning to park it outside. Here in Denver it’s snow,hail heat and everything in between. Interested in any recommendations the group may have about style manufacturers etc.

Thanks

Pete

I recently purchased one that I am pleased with. It came from CarsCover.com. I live in the sunny south and we do not get much snow. It set me back $190 bucks and the model # that I purchased is 163mq8bgp.

I went with Coverking: Custom Vehicle Covers, Custom Car Covers - Coverking Many options and, even if you don't buy, they do a good job at explaining cover types and their uses. Don't do what I did however, I ordered a custom cover to fit my truck and external spare.... But forgot about my snorkel! :bang:

Considering to have a cover for mine. What's ideal for one with a front ARB bumper as well as a rear ARB bumper with 315 tire on the swing out?

I saw this one on Cover King, and it gives you the option for a "rear spare tire" which is interesting. As much as I would love to have something that is tailored fit, I can't imagine this would work for something having aftermarket front/rear bumpers and an oversized spare.

I recently purchased one that I am pleased with. It came from CarsCover.com. I live in the sunny south and we do not get much snow. It set me back $190 bucks and the model # that I purchased is 163mq8bgp.
I’m getting ready for deployment next year and would like to get a cover as well. I’ve used carcovers.com in the past and have one for our Audi. How well do you think the one you bought for your 80 would fit with a rack? I suppose I could always pull the rack off worst case scenario…

Any thoughts on a decent cover that would work with an ARB front bumper? I’ve also got an ARB rear with a swing out, but I’d be all right leaving the fifth wheel hanging out I think.

Any thoughts on a decent cover that would work with an ARB front bumper? I’ve also got an ARB rear with a swing out, but I’d be all right leaving the fifth wheel hanging out I think.
I have the same problem, Kaymar rear dual swing out with a 35” tire on it, ARB front with 30” light bar, snorkel and an Inti roof rack… no way a stock 80 series cover will fit.

Looks like this guy sorted it out, he shows a cover he ordered for a 2015 Suburban on an 80 with extra jewellery. Room to spare front and back and it covers the sides, looks a little baggy but it should do the job. There are two covers that the author of the video discusses, the one shown in the video screenshot below isn't the larger Suburban cover...

Last edited:
Has anyone actually made the purchase and found something that worked for an 80 with front and rear bumpers with a spare on a swing out?

I also have a jerry basket.

Best cover for an 80 series?

I would say a mix of pine trees and a dark star filled sky....

@leonard_nemoy we’re on the same page, but I also need something to protect the deteriorating paint (hot summers) and somewhat leaky rear quarter (wet winters) in the meantime.

i'm still looking too. i have a car cover i bought years ago for a big van, but it is SNUG with a full Front Runner roof rack and ARB front bumper. looks like the screen cap in the video where I can't get it over the stock rear bumper. huge PITA to get it on/off as well. so need something longer, taller, and just a bit wider.

i've since added an axe bracket to the rack so no way it fits at all now. sure, tell me to remove the bracket.

I got the one from carcovers.com

It seems to work well, has one AZ summer and no signs of damage. It also fit over my roof rack AND awning

9732ef44-6eba-4871-b3f2-8544c1f97d73-jpeg.3129799

afd315e6-0642-4ea2-9bdb-4d1d2ba686a9-jpeg.3129798

I got the one from carcovers.com

It seems to work well, has one AZ summer and no signs of damage. It also fit over my roof rack AND awning
is that the Premium? did you select the one for our model, then add comments saying you have a roof rack, etc?

i tried to look up the cover by the model number posted earlier but their site doesn't seem to allow that. i just want a cover that doesn't make it look like a fat guy in a little coat

I don't personally have the skill to do this myself but I was impressed with the level of detail these guys offered about making a custom cover for an RV. I believe these guys sell most of the materials you need to DIY. If I ever painted my FZJ80, I would probably enlist some help with the sewing.

I can say from experience that the Sunbrella type fabric will last a lot longer than regular car cover material, especially in Florida.

With pollen in the air and a new paint job, I wanted a cover and fast. So I took a chance and ordered this from Amazon.
Priced right and received in two days. Even though the mirror pockets don’t lineup I’m extremely happy with the fit considering it’s covering front bumper rear bumper with tire carrier, highlift jack, roof rack, snorkel, and awning.
It’s designed to fit an Escalade

View attachment 3292433

8D64BDFA-5AEC-4DA0-AB49-2CE0BD5625EA.jpeg

D2D9EEB6-1C88-44C4-960D-27E83CD3878C.jpeg

CarsCover Custom Fit 2007-2019 Cadillac Escalade SUV Car Cover Heavy Duty All Weatherproof Ultrashield https://a.co/d/8101T02

Last edited:
Whatever you do, don't buy this one:
ProElite U-2; it's beautiful, fits like a glove, not heavy, breathes well, dries fast - and about as strong as tissue paper. I've torn this catching it on OEM the bumpers Really want to be impressed with this one, but for $70, I'm not.
1680808947757.png

1680808967088.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom