Best 4 inch 60 series lift kit (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for more then the 2.5 inch lift that I have on my FJ60. Would love to go to a 4 inch lift and would love some help finding the best one.

I'm also having problems with the vacuum system and was wondering about getting rid of it, thoughts?

Thanks!

I really don't think there's a vendor out there that makes a true 4" lift kit for an FJ60 you'll have to go to a custom set. or build your own
hybrid set, plenty of previous threads on this subject. Search and you shall find.
As far as vacuum leaks. you'll have to fix'm or replace. Being your in California I'd imagine having to pass smog regulations is a must.
so you won't really be able to get rid of anything. Plenty of info on this as well.
:beer:

Arcing springs far enough to give the cruiser a 4" lift will create a very harsh ride. The springs become more arched (as opposed to flatter) and don't flex as well. A combination of longer shackles and more curved springs can lift it higher - but the handling, steering and ride quality will suffer (except on the rubicon)

Custom springs, you're looking at about 1400 for a set from Atlas or Alcan.

Download the FSM from this site and fix the vacuum lines. You have to keep it all unless you have a guy or tagged in a non smog county.

Ok I am sure I will get thrashed for this, but I have my notes. Man-A-Fre has a 4" kit. It is utilizing a shackle reversal kit and OME springs.

Now my justification for this note. My first FJ60 had this. I bought it from a nice guy out in Colorado who drove it from there to Eastern Canada and back. I bought it in CO and drove it home to Virginia. I then drove it all over the place. The next owner had it for a number of years and sold it, then the newest owner showed up on Mud at some point with it.
Never were there tracking issues, off road issues or anything that I know of. So done right it works. It was spring under and just fine. It was running 35" tires as well. To add I had no problem at 70 MPH with the kit (that cruiser had a V8 conversion)

From my understanding Poorly done it is a nightmare, done right it works.

Ok I am sure I will get thrashed for this, but I have my notes. Man-A-Fre has a 4" kit. It is utilizing a shackle reversal kit and OME springs.

Now my justification for this note. My first FJ60 had this. I bought it from a nice guy out in Colorado who drove it from there to Eastern Canada and back. I bought it in CO and drove it home to Virginia. I then drove it all over the place. The next owner had it for a number of years and sold it, then the newest owner showed up on Mud at some point with it.
Never were there tracking issues, off road issues or anything that I know of. So done right it works. It was spring under and just fine. It was running 35" tires as well. To add I had no problem at 70 MPH with the kit (that cruiser had a V8 conversion)

From my understanding Poorly done it is a nightmare, done right it works.

Thanks man, this helps.

Here is the latest 3" coil conversion.

J

IMG_20200421_190048710.jpg
IMG_20200421_190059297.jpg
IMG_20200421_185353228.jpg

LOVE that hood!

That rig looks a lot like the Sandy 60. They merged a 60 and 79 hood.

Along with the better ride quality, not having springs and UBolts hanging down under there is a big upgrade. I guess the leaf spring guys can do a UBolt flip...?

The 76 on 4WD action is always getting hung up in the mud on his spring hangers and the 80 goes through OK.

Here is an example of Dobson 4” lift with TT coil kit

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom